Does Mankind Deserve Continued Existence? Does Desire Equal Deserve?

Procrustes Stretched

This place is nothing without the membership.
Dec 1, 2008

How can anyone make a reasoned and honest argument than mankind 'deserves' to exist? It just doesn't seem possible. there is no proof that mankind has to or deserves to exist outside of a genetic desire to.

"Deserves" is a social construct. There is nothing real about it. It is the rationale for desire. The British empire felt they deserved access to the resources of anyone they called savages. Its simply the manufacturing of an excuse. Life occurred on this earth and only when it completely dies out will that question be answered.

"Deserves" is a social construct. There is nothing real about it. It is the rationale for desire. The British empire felt they deserved access to the resources of anyone they called savages. Its simply the manufacturing of an excuse. Life occurred on this earth and only when it completely dies out will that question be answered.

how one person (you) can consistently make so little sense while saying mouthfuls -- oy vey!

how one person (you) can consistently make so little sense while saying mouthfuls -- oy vey!
I see you have a hard time understanding things so I will dumb it down for you.

Deserve - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

deserve
: to be worthy of

Who makes the determination on if something is worthy?

deserve

How can anyone make a reasoned and honest argument than mankind 'deserves' to exist? It just doesn't seem possible. there is no proof that mankind has to or deserves to exist outside of a genetic desire to.

This world needs an enema.

deserve

I agree. Thats why I said it was a social construct. Not only is there no proof, the world would actually thrive without man. We have gotten away from living in harmony with the laws of nature. These laws were understood by the ancients.

deserve

I agree. Thats why I said it was a social construct. Not only is there no proof, the world would actually thrive without man. We have gotten away from living in harmony with the laws of nature. These laws were understood by the ancients.
"there is nothing real about social constructs" - Asclepias

Do living things desire existence.? Oh wait, the term 'desire' is a human construct too. but only when it human existence completely dies out, will human constructs be taken for real and supply an answer? Will that answer be 'a human construct too? oy vey! poor Asclepias-the-ass

deserve

Do living things desire existence.? Oh wait, the term 'desire' is a human construct too. but only when it human existence completely dies out, will human constructs be taken for real and supply an answer? Will that answer be 'a human construct too? oy vey! poor Asclepias-the-ass
Yes living things desire existence. You can observe that struggle in lower life forms or a sentient being can express it. In the case of humans "deserves" is the rationale/social construct used to give legitimacy to that desire. Its really very simple. I am amazed you dont get this and become stressed out and call me names instead.

Can you point to our purpose on earth and what would happen if we vanished? What niche in the biological chain do we occupy that would cause the universe to cease to exist?

Last edited:

deserve

Yes living things desire existence. You can observe that struggle in lower life forms or a sentient being can express it. In the case of humans "deserves" is the rationale/social construct used to give legitimacy to that desire. Its really very simple. I am amazed you dont get this and become stressed out and call me names instead.

Can you point to our purpose on earth and what would happen if we vanished? What niche in the biological chain do we occupy that cause the universe to cease to exist?

sentient beings? desire is a human construct.

deserve

Can you point to our purpose on earth and what would happen if we vanished? What niche in the biological chain do we occupy that cause the universe to cease to exist?

Yes sentient. Can you answer my question?

In my spiritualist theology we are on a long road to a higher state of spiritual evolution. In the present state of mankind we may not deserve to have everlasting existence, nor do I think we would want it. But if you take the longer view that we incarnate thousands of times before reaching a higher spiritual state, then we go on evolving in higher realms as immortal beings, then it all makes sense. The limited lives we are leading now are just an early stage of our evolutionary potential.

two questions, not one.
from the OP:
there is no proof that mankind has to or deserves to exist outside of a genetic desire to.

when mankind ceases to exist the universe will not matter -- to man

In my spiritualist theology we are on a long road to a higher state of spiritual evolution. In the present state of mankind we may not deserve to have everlasting existence, nor do I think we would want it. But if you take the longer view that we incarnate thousands of times before reaching a higher spiritual state, then we go on evolving in higher realms as immortal beings, then it all makes sense. The limited lives we are leading now are just an early stage of our evolutionary potential.
spirituality? Dante asked about the real world, the physical one.

I imagine Adolph Hitler and Heinrich Himmler had a similar discussion

two questions, not one.
from the OP:
there is no proof that mankind has to or deserves to exist outside of a genetic desire to.

when mankind ceases to exist the universe will not matter -- to man
It would seem from that statement you agree with me.

I imagine Adolph Hitler and Heinrich Himmler had a similar discussion
why not?

Forum List

Back