Does Obama have a "real" jobs plan or just more govt spending?

Is Obamas plan for jobs going to be.....

• Total voters
I can't believe that he hasn't released the details of his plan to the public. If he really had a legit plan wouldn't he want it known now so the public has time to put pressure on their congressmen while they are home visiting the people they represent?

On the contrary, I don't think his plan is anything more than stimulus and taxes. Neither of which will work any better than his last failed stimulus. This man is completely clueless.

His stimulus so far has been 3/4's tax cuts. Are you admitting tax cuts won't stimulate the economy?

It hasnt been anything like 3/4 tax cuts.
The tax cuts that were in the plan were temporary "targeted" tax cuts, which have been proven failures every time they are tried.

All tax cuts are targeted. No tax cuts are permanent.

Another portion of the upcoming plan revealed!

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture3861-kn081911dapr20110819124525.jpg

Tax breaks that last for one or two seasons are not going to spur economic growth. Never have, never will. No one trusts Obama to do the right thing so I doubt jobs will grow anytime soon. I feel sorry for the unemployed. Thanks Obama

Thinking you have to cut taxes every time the economy turns down is an irrational policy. Eventually you end up with taxes at zero.

I heard today he is going to announce a plan for infrastructure jobs paid for from cuts to entitlements

I heard today he is going to announce a plan for infrastructure jobs paid for from cuts to entitlements

Geddoutahere!
No one would be stupid enough to propose that.

Whhops, you're right. I googled this and found this article:
Obama jobs plan taking shape - Philly.com

Looks like "schools to nowhere", a multi- billion dollar plan to renovate old dilapidated schools. This one at least has the virtue of being "for the children."
Thats not the dumbest idea he's come up with, but it is in the top two.

Just a question there Grampa, are you sure you heard "cuts to entitlements"? I could have believed "cuts to defense" but I am skeptical that any Democrats would consider cuts to entitlements for any reason whatsoever.

Immie

Tax breaks that last for one or two seasons are not going to spur economic growth. Never have, never will. No one trusts Obama to do the right thing so I doubt jobs will grow anytime soon. I feel sorry for the unemployed. Thanks Obama

Thinking you have to cut taxes every time the economy turns down is an irrational policy. Eventually you end up with taxes at zero.

Thinking you can assume to know what I think is irrational. Eventually you look foolish. I clearly posted my ideas early on in this thread and it wasn't focused on lowering the base tax rates.

Geddoutahere!

Looks like "schools to nowhere", a multi- billion dollar plan to renovate old dilapidated schools. This one at least has the virtue of being "for the children."

Just a question there Grampa, are you sure you heard "cuts to entitlements"? I could have believed "cuts to defense" but I am skeptical that any Democrats would consider cuts to entitlements for any reason whatsoever.

Immie

Yes, I heard it clearly. It was reported to have been leaked by an un-named whitehouse official.

I can't believe that he hasn't released the details of his plan to the public. If he really had a legit plan wouldn't he want it known now so the public has time to put pressure on their congressmen while they are home visiting the people they represent?

On the contrary, I don't think his plan is anything more than stimulus and taxes. Neither of which will work any better than his last failed stimulus. This man is completely clueless.

His stimulus so far has been 3/4's tax cuts. Are you admitting tax cuts won't stimulate the economy?

Tax cuts or tax credits? You understand the difference, right?

Geddoutahere!

Immie

Yes, I heard it clearly. It was reported to have been leaked by an un-named whitehouse official.

Hehe, oh that makes it trustworthy. :lol:

Immie

Immie

Immie

I never claimed it was trustworthy. Just that I heard it reported on an ABC news radio break as well as on tv.

Immie

I never claimed it was trustworthy. Just that I heard it reported on an ABC news radio break as well as on tv.

No, I know you didn't. In fact, I figured you were being sarcastic and I was sort of playing along with it.

I'm looking for Obama's jobs plan to be another bail out/stimulus package kind of deal that won't solve the issue, probably one he knows won't even get through Congress, but if that is the case, then he can blame the GOP for the failure to improve the economy.

Immie

Thinking you have to squeeze a little more blood out of the 49% of turnips already carrying the other 51% every time the economy turns down is an irrational policy. Eventually you end up with income at zero.

Immie

No, I know you didn't. In fact, I figured you were being sarcastic and I was sort of playing along with it.

I'm looking for Obama's jobs plan to be another bail out/stimulus package kind of deal that won't solve the issue, probably one he knows won't even get through Congress, but if that is the case, then he can blame the GOP for the failure to improve the economy.

Immie

Well, if his new jobs plan actually has some details in it then that's progress. I'll believe it when I see it though. It's almost certainly going to be a big spending program, perhaps some kind of "jobs bank" to repair roads and bridges and infrastructure. I thought the original stimulus bill was supposed to do that, why should I believe this next thing will be any different - a lot of money wasted with little to show for it except a much larger national debt.

Thinking you have to squeeze a little more blood out of the 49% of turnips already carrying the other 51% every time the economy turns down is an irrational policy. Eventually you end up with income at zero.

You're an idiot. The total effective tax rates on the wealthy are lower than they were 30 years ago.

Name ONE permanent tax cut.

Kennedy's?

The joke is, you can't make a tax cut permanent. It can always be legislated away.

Tax cuts aren't the answer. More tax cuts will only make revenue growth even more difficult, which will make balancing the budget more difficult.

You got it backwards, as usual.

Allowing businesses to keep more of their own money allows the business to do better, and thus the government collects more money from them.

Forum List

Back