Does science trump philosophy?

Also - its very easy to have a moral foundation without believing in a greater entity grounding said foundation.

Evolutionary instincts coupled with the ability to reason is all that it takes.

Again... it is very easy to do radical frontal lobotomies without any neurological training or knowledge of medicine. A good sharp knife, a bone saw, and the ability to deal with large amounts of blood are all it takes!

Oh great, boss the fake smart narcissist is here to quibble over minutia fallacy after fallacy.

I didn't quibble over any minutia, I set your dumb ass straight about Science drawing conclusions. You don't have any other response because you know I am right. That's not narcissism, that's me being more intelligent than you.

Also - its very easy to have a moral foundation without believing in a greater entity grounding said foundation....

Is it easy? Think about what "morality" means.
Yes, its quite easy.

Your instincts and your reasoning get you there.

Instincts? What exactly do you understand morality to mean?
Right vs wrong.

Let me know any moral that you dont believe we could arrive at with our instincts and our reasoning, and ill walk you through it.

Boss i wont engage. Hes an illogical cretin who is just a busy body of arguing. Dont expect me to address you, pippa.

Also - its very easy to have a moral foundation without believing in a greater entity grounding said foundation....

Yes, its quite easy.

Right vs wrong.....

Objectively, right?
Do you think objectivity cannot exist without a deity?

I think objectivity can exist in a non contradictable idea.

Btw unkotare....phones about to die but ill be swinging through after I leave the Studio tonight.....need about 4 more hours to mix this track

Yes, its quite easy.

Right vs wrong.....

Objectively, right?

So that's a 'yes'?

Yes, its quite easy.

Right vs wrong.....

Objectively, right?

So that's a 'yes'?
If it werent, the morals wouldnt be moral because theyd be contradictable.

Murder is wrong because humans have reasoned that the best means to surviving is to cohabitate. This is proven - we have reached the top of the food chain and even now sort of hover outside of it.

Your reasoning should tell you that since you dont want to die(instinct), that its wrong to unjustly kill others (murder)because if that is morally acceptable, you subject yourself to a much greater risk of fatality. Especially since theres always going to be someone more dangerous than yourself.

Instincts. Reasoning.

Phones on 1%

Your reasoning should tell you that since you dont want to die(instinct), that its wrong to unjustly kill others (murder)because if that is morally acceptable, you subject yourself to a much greater risk of fatality....

If that's the only motivation then it is not morality.

Your reasoning should tell you that since you dont want to die(instinct), that its wrong to unjustly kill others (murder)because if that is morally acceptable, you subject yourself to a much greater risk of fatality....

If that's the only motivation then it is not morality.
Emotionalism also factors in. This is all common sense. People are sad when people die. Why? Because it reminds them of their own mortality and also we have empathy.

Our fear of death = our understanding of another's same fear of death = wrong to kill them based on all of the above.

Also - its very easy to have a moral foundation without believing in a greater entity grounding said foundation. Evolutionary instincts coupled with the ability to reason is all that it takes.

Okay... so by THIS philosophy, we should be able to have voluntary prison. We sentence you to a suggested time but you can commute your own sentence if you think you need to do so, we allow you to report to the prison whenever you're ready, with no bars or guards and do your time... because you have a moral consciousness which tells you that you have hereby been punished for a crime by peers of your civilization. This system can work because prisoners would know they did wrong and deserved to be there. Evolutionary instincts would kick in coupled with the ability to reason and that's all it takes, right?

Also - its very easy to have a moral foundation without believing in a greater entity grounding said foundation. Evolutionary instincts coupled with the ability to reason is all that it takes.

Okay... so by THIS philosophy, we should be able to have voluntary prison. We sentence you to a suggested time but you can commute your own sentence if you think you need to do so, we allow you to report to the prison whenever you're ready, with no bars or guards and do your time... because you have a moral consciousness which tells you that you have hereby been punished for a crime by peers of your civilization. This system can work because prisoners would know they did wrong and deserved to be there. Evolutionary instincts would kick in coupled with the ability to reason and that's all it takes, right?
Um, no.

Criminals are notorious for LACKING said morals.

There are several peoven factors for this: brain malfunction, socio-economic status/desperation.

Oye vey youre fucking tedious. Thats why i wont respond to you any longer. Have fun mibbling at my heels

Forum List

Back