Does The Universe Have a Purpose?

What assumptions do you think I made, GT?
I dont think you made any, I know that you did. It might take you until youre 80 to figure out, and, thats cool, ding.
That you can't list them provides the information I was seeking.
I dont play your pedantic neener games the way you like, ding. I see you do that enough with like 15 posters in this religion forum. They all trigger you and you become childish every time and start to sloganeer like a dufus.

"locus of control"
"satan would say this, marx would say that"
"cause and effect"
"predictable surprises"

You are just a petulant, whiny child when folks cross examine your gobbeldy gook, and thats always good by me.

When the slogans come out, its just frustration and inadequacy.

Trust me, I wish you were worth any of this time to kick ideas off of, but youre really not.
Your fascination with me says otherwise, GT.
That's a lame tactic from 2005, dude. Take out a notebook, write down every neener dorky scapegoat like that one tgat you can think of......and cross them all out and start over.

You say the same fuggin shit to everyone. Youre the second participant in ALL these conversations, and claim theyre the ones fascinated. Never you!!

Sucha toolbox, ding. No grown man acts like that.
You can't stand for people to have different opinions than you. You seem like you are a rather punitive person to me.

It's purpose is so we can find this:

iu

...and learn how to use it so we can send all our liberals here:

iu

Ok, getting back on track with the OP...

Here's the basis for my belief that the purpose of the universe is to create intelligence.

1. we know space and time had a beginning
2. we know that space and time were created from nothing.
3. we know that the creation of space and time followed the laws of quantum mechanics and conservation.
4. we know that the SLoT precludes an infinite acting universe without reaching thermal equilibrium.
5. we know the laws of nature existed before the creation of space and time.
6. we know that intelligence arose according to the laws of nature.
7. we know that consciousness/intelligence is the most complex thing the universe has created.
8. we know that we live in a logical universe.
9. we know that the universe is governed by laws.
10. we know that every effect had a cause.
11. we know that everything happened for a reason.
12. we know that means everything has a purpose.
13. we know from our own experiences that we create things for a reason to serve a purpose.
14. we know that it is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence.
15. I believe that mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create.”
16. And that the purpose of the universe was to create intelligence.
17. And that the reason it was created was because it is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence.

Does anyone have a different answer?

What assumptions do you think I made, GT?
I dont think you made any, I know that you did. It might take you until youre 80 to figure out, and, thats cool, ding.
I dont play your pedantic neener games the way you like, ding. I see you do that enough with like 15 posters in this religion forum. They all trigger you and you become childish every time and start to sloganeer like a dufus.

"locus of control"
"cause and effect"
"predictable surprises"

You are just a petulant, whiny child when folks cross examine your gobbeldy gook, and thats always good by me.

Trust me, I wish you were worth any of this time to kick ideas off of, but youre really not.
That's a lame tactic from 2005, dude. Take out a notebook, write down every neener dorky scapegoat like that one that you can think of......and cross them all out and start over.

You say the same fuggin shit to everyone. Youre the second participant in ALL these conversations, and claim theyre the ones fascinated. Never you!!

So Ding is not a grown man?

"locus of control"
"cause and effect"
"predictable surprises"

That's a lame tactic from 2005, dude. Take out a notebook, write down every neener dorky scapegoat like that one tgat you can think of......and cross them all out and start over.

You can't stand for people to have different opinions than you. You seem like you are a rather punitive person to me.
Thats the dunning *kruger effect, you just exibited.

Youre the one all up in every religion forum discussion, devolving each one into this "marx would say that" lame-o kiddy shit with every poster that you cant handle in disagreement.

Thats you, ding. You can go ahead and read them all if you dont believe me.

Start with taz, move onto hobelim and maybe heidi. Fort fun indiana, and youll be about a tenth of the way through. When you end up at g.t., lemme know.

"locus of control"
"cause and effect"
"predictable surprises"

That's a lame tactic from 2005, dude. Take out a notebook, write down every neener dorky scapegoat like that one that you can think of......and cross them all out and start over.

You can do the math on that one! lol...Im not going near it. But didnt you make some photoshops of his cameltoe, before? Hmm

Here's the basis for my belief that the purpose of the universe is to create intelligence.

3. we know that the creation of space and time followed the laws of quantum mechanics and conservation.
4. we know that the SLoT precludes an infinite acting universe without reaching thermal equilibrium.
7. we know that consciousness/intelligence is the most complex thing the universe has created.
13. we know from our own experiences that we create things for a reason to serve a purpose.
15. I believe that mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create.”
17. And that the reason it was created was because it is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence.

I agree with some of this in that the universe is governed by laws, many of which we are in the early stages of understanding. I also think that much of the stuff that we cannot fully understand has had explanations applied to them that very likely are wrong, or incomplete.

It's like when I was very young and I told my mother that every time I put my finger on my nose it would smell bad. I asked her if my nose was dirty, and she said no, your fingers are dirty. As I grew up I learned more like humans ,as a race, do.

Last edited:

I agree with some of this in that the universe is governed by laws, many of which we are in the early stages of understanding. I also think that much of the stuff that we cannot fully understand has had explanations applied to them that very likely are wrong.
Like which ones? Explanations applied to them that very likely are wrong?

"locus of control"
"cause and effect"
"predictable surprises"

Thats the dunning *kruger effect, you just exibited.

Youre the one all up in every religion forum discussion, devolving each one into this "marx would say that" lame-o kiddy shit with every poster that you cant handle in disagreement.

Thats you, ding. You can go ahead and read them all if you dont believe me.

Start with taz, move onto hobelim and maybe heidi. Fort fun indiana, and youll be about a tenth of the way through. When you end up at g.t., lemme know.
Possibly. But I won't run from being punitive, so it is not. It's a process.

I agree with some of this in that the universe is governed by laws, many of which we are in the early stages of understanding. I also think that much of the stuff that we cannot fully understand has had explanations applied to them that very likely are wrong.
Like which ones? Explanations applied to them that very likely are wrong?
Reread my post as I have edited it. it will lead you to see what I meant.

Sex

"locus of control"
"cause and effect"
"predictable surprises"

He's doing God's work. He wants to punish me for all of my past sins.

"locus of control"
"cause and effect"
"predictable surprises"

You can do the math on that one! lol...Im not going near it. But didnt you make some photoshops of his cameltoe, before? Hmm
Yes I did, and the very fact that it is photoshop means it was fake.

"locus of control"
"cause and effect"
"predictable surprises"

Well, I bow to your photoshop skills, Sir. Especially as it pertains to anatomy.

Well, I bow to your photoshop skills, Sir. Especially as it pertains to anatomy.
Thank you but most can see that the original image was a male.

Thank you but most can see that the original image was a male.
Yes, Mike. I know.

The question has never been can you argue against what I believe.

The question has always been whether or not you can provide an argument for what you believe the answer is.

And the answer to that question is no.
I dont care what your views are regarding my "beliefs."
Things I know, Im comfortable with.

Things I dont know, Im comfortable to admit.

Errors in simple reasoning are easy to poi t out when theyre made.

You stating the universe has a purpose, without speaking to its creator let alone proving there is one, is a leap of logical. Not a formally proven fact. It was easy to demonstrate, and so I did. Using a toilet as an analogy was an easy way to relate to dingggg, lol
What beliefs? As near as I can tell your only beliefs are ding shouldn't have any.
I habe beliefs, ding-dong.

I also know certain things. The two I dont hold as being the same, like you do.

Knowledge, in my definition, has to be justified as well as absolutely true.

I have knowledge of my own existence, for example, but I dont have the hubris to think that I could prove my existence to an external mind from my own.
Cool story.

You've totally lost me. First, I don't "know" anything from #11 on. Observing and figuring out how the universe works doesn't mean anything except that we have observed and figured out some of its "laws," or how it works. How you leap from that to saying that what IS had a reason, and that reason is to create intelligence and that "mind" created the physical universe is where I fell off the step.
Maybe I'm not smart enough to jump in here, but even explaining how you got from #10 to #11 would be helpful.

The question has never been can you argue against what I believe.

The question has always been whether or not you can provide an argument for what you believe the answer is.

And the answer to that question is no.

You stating the universe has a purpose, without speaking to its creator let alone proving there is one, is a leap of logical. Not a formally proven fact. It was easy to demonstrate, and so I did. Using a toilet as an analogy was an easy way to relate to dingggg, lol
What beliefs? As near as I can tell your only beliefs are ding shouldn't have any.

I have knowledge of my own existence, for example, but I dont have the hubris to think that I could prove my existence to an external mind from my own.
Cool story.

You've totally lost me. First, I don't "know" anything from #11 on. Observing and figuring out how the universe works doesn't mean anything except that we have observed and figured out some of its "laws," or how it works. How you leap from that to saying that what IS had a reason, and that reason is to create intelligence and that "mind" created the physical universe is where I fell off the step.
Maybe I'm not smart enough to jump in here, but even explaining how you got from #10 to #11 would be helpful.
It was discussed earlier. But I am happy enough to explain relevance for any of it.

We know from our study of nature that we live in a deterministic universe where every cause has an effect and every effect had a cause. The definition of reason is a cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event. Therefore, since we live in a logical universe where every cause has an effect this means that everything happens for a reason. The definition of purpose is the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists. therefore since everything happens for a reason, everything has a purpose.

Cool story.

It was discussed earlier. But I am happy enough to explain relevance for any of it.

We know from our study of nature that we live in a deterministic universe where every cause has an effect and every effect had a cause. The definition of reason is a cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event. Therefore, since we live in a logical universe where every cause has an effect this means that everything happens for a reason. The definition of purpose is the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists. therefore since everything happens for a reason, everything has a purpose.
iu

"Purpose" is a human construct we are hardwired to apply to anything and everything. This tendency arises from our own, internal self-awareness. If I "intended" to grow crops, then the angry sky must have "intended" to flood my crops into oblivion. As our empirical knowledge has expanded, we have put away these childish toys, and all that is left is to ponder the "purpose" of the entire universe. Even a child typically now knows that rain comes from water vapor condensing in the sky and finds little reason to ascribe "purpose" to such events. It seems we have one last, childish toy to put away....

Forum List

Back