does Trump really have the stones to do all this?

scruffy

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2022
Here's the official Trump/Republican platform:

"Seal the border" and "carry out the largest deportation operation in American history".

"Stop the migrant crime epidemic, demolish the foreign drug cartels, crush gang violence, and lock up violent offenders".

I'm not going to quote the whole thing, but y'know... "Stop outsourcing".

These are tall orders.

First, he'll need majority Republican support in both houses of Congress to do any of this, but second, even if he has it, where's he going to find the money?

How much of this is real, and how much is a pipe dream? What do you think?

Seems to me the situation in the Republican Party is such that, if this kind of stuff is ever going to happen, it would happen in Trump's administration, and early. I'd expect a tidal wave of MAGA initiatives right out of the gate.

The questions will be the makeup of Congress, how much he can (or tries) do without Congressional approval, and how well the Supreme Court can protect him when he crosses the line.

"Seal the border" and "carry out the largest deportation operation in American history".

"Stop the migrant crime epidemic, demolish the foreign drug cartels, crush gang violence, and lock up violent offenders".

These are tall orders.

First, he'll need majority Republican support in both houses of Congress to do any of this, but second, even if he has it, where's he going to find the money?

The only person who has lied more than Trump....is you.

34 Senate seats are up for grabs. Democrats currently have 23 of them. If Republicans win 2, they get control.

The House is a little more complicated, there's about 25 swing seats. The 'Pubs currently have a slight majority, about 8 or 9 seats. If they keep that, and the Senate goes Republican, there's a chance Trump could act on his agenda.

These are tall orders.

It would be nice if he could and would do all the above, but the swamp is deep. He'd need cooperation from both the House and the Senate. He'd need cooperation from all the overly inflated Bureaucracies. Those, alone, are almost insurmountable obstacles. As you may remember, Trump promised to drain the swamp during his first term but, instead, surrounded himself with swamp creatures. We'll see how sincere he is after he wins the election.

Both parties have had "platforms" of moving forward (whatever that means), "going after" various named economic villains, beating the shit out of whoever is the current enemy, creating wonderful jobs for everyone, blah blah. It's all in their dream sequences, and when they fail to deliver because it was never meant to be, they blame the previous administration or being blocked by the other party. Their promises mean zip.shit, and I can't believe people still clutch to this obvious shill. I also know that people still listen to the tv evangelists spin some outrageous shit and still sent the rent money to the, so maybe it's ingrained in us, and the uniparty is very good at this.

These are tall orders.

Trump is the only modern politician who would even give that a go. He will encounter a lot of resistance from crooked Democrats and neocons who depend on illegal aliens for illegal votes and slave labor, and these establishment crooks don't want to give their scams up. Trump is the middle classes best bet, actually their only bet. MAGA

Both parties have had "platforms" of moving forward (whatever that means), "going after" various named economic villains, beating the shit out of whoever is the current enemy, creating wonderful jobs for everyone, blah blah. It's all in their dream sequences, and when they fail to deliver because it was never meant to be, they blame the previous administration or being blocked by the other party. Their promises mean zip.shit, and I can't believe people still clutch to this obvious shill. I also know that people still listen to the tv evangelists spin some outrageous shit and still sent the rent money to the, so maybe it's ingrained in us, and the uniparty is very good at this.
One party is evil liars, at least Trump will do hs best with what he says he will do.

These are tall orders.

Have a government shutdown, then when all the non essential personnel are sent home, give them a pink slip, and you will find lots of money when they dont come back...

Seems to me the situation in the Republican Party is such that, if this kind of stuff is ever going to happen, it would happen in Trump's administration, and early. I'd expect a tidal wave of MAGA initiatives right out of the gate.

The questions will be the makeup of Congress, how much he can (or tries) do without Congressional approval, and how well the Supreme Court can protect him when he crosses the line.
The question is are the voters just pissed at Trump or are they going to punish MAGA too?

#BLUETSUNAMI

These are tall orders.

If he tries any of that, the DNC will probably take a few more shots at him.

But rest assured, and army of Federal judges are all set to sue him from now till eternity.

Forum List

Back