Doesn't the Detroit City Council have better things to do?

Ernie S.

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
The Detroit City Council on Tuesday unanimously passed a resolution calling for a federal investigation to see whether civil rights charges are warranted against George Zimmerman, who was acquitted July 13 of second-degree murder and manslaughter charges in the killing of Florida teen Trayvon Martin.

The resolution, sponsored by Councilwoman JoAnn Watson, sparked a discussion over the need for city leaders and others to focus more on violence in Detroit.

I mean really! The only thing currently saving them from bankruptcy is a temporary injunction, black on black crime is rampant, the infrastructure is collapsing around them, and they waste time talking about something that happened 1,100 miles away?

Oh wait! Sorry I brought it up. There is no bias at all on the Detroit City Council.

detroit-city-council.jpg

The Detroit City Council on Tuesday unanimously passed a resolution calling for a federal investigation to see whether civil rights charges are warranted against George Zimmerman, who was acquitted July 13 of second-degree murder and manslaughter charges in the killing of Florida teen Trayvon Martin.

The resolution, sponsored by Councilwoman JoAnn Watson, sparked a discussion over the need for city leaders and others to focus more on violence in Detroit.

I mean really! The only thing currently saving them from bankruptcy is a temporary injunction, black on black crime is rampant, the infrastructure is collapsing around them, and they waste time talking about something that happened 1,100 miles away?

Oh wait! Sorry I brought it up. There is no bias at all on the Detroit City Council.

No, they really don't.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqOSNI7l0bQ]Detroit City Council hearing adjourned amid shouting match - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

detroit-city-council.jpg

Its a bunch of Nero's, fiddling while Rome burns to the ground.

On the bright side, at least while they're spending time on this nonsense they're not out plundering what remains of the citizenry in Detroit. :redface:

On the bright side, at least while they're spending time on this nonsense they're not out plundering what remains of the citizenry in Detroit. :redface:

Don't be so sure.

Burn that city to the ground & shoot anyone who tries to escape.

A bit rash. My suggestion is to use them as test subjects in the FEMA camps while treasure hunters like myself turn that place upside down taking all the really valuable stuff that the idiots missed while they were too busy robbing copper pipe and burning houses down.

A bit rash. My suggestion is to use them as test subjects in the FEMA camps while treasure hunters like myself turn that place upside down taking all the really valuable stuff that the idiots missed while they were too busy robbing copper pipe and burning houses down.

Indeed, only Detroiters could create a disaster zone without having first been hit by a hurricane. This place makes Katrina look like light drizzle.

The pawn shops already have all of Detroit's valuable stuff. Send in the national guard to empty the pawn shops out. Transfer in the majority of the worst prisoners from around the country. Then burn the city down. Any remaining gold, silver & copper will still be there after it burns. I will be easy to sift it out of the ash.

We will still have enough prisoners left over for test subjects.

City councils come up with these nonsense resolutions all the time. They will surely be pissed when there are no federal charges though. They won't even get the bone of a civil lawsuit.

The pawn shops already have all of Detroit's valuable stuff. Send in the national guard to empty the pawn shops out. Transfer in the majority of the worst prisoners from around the country. Then burn the city down. Any remaining gold, silver & copper will still be there after it burns. I will be easy to sift it out of the ash.

We will still have enough prisoners left over for test subjects.

My treasure comes from the underneath the soil from the yards of those old abandoned houses where white people had block parties and the kids played before they fled the city in terror. They lost a lot of silver coin in those yards. You ever see a black man with a metal detector that he didn't steal?

I tend to agree, Avatar. How about a social experiment? Black Detroit vs White Detroit. Divide area and assets right down the middle. Provide housing for 250,000 blacks and 250,000 whites and give each city 10 years to succeed or fail.

I'm betting that inside of 10 years, one half of Detroit resembles Palmer Woods and the other half looks like Highland Park.

Kick em when they're up, kick em when they're down, eh? Since the takeover, the city council no longer has any say in running Detroit so they can talk about moon rocks for all the difference it makes. And you who wants Detroit burned and those who run shot, how about you take your brave cracker ass to the MotorCity and get the ball rolling you POS.

So your solution is to call me a cracker. OK, but that's the kind of shit that got Detroit where it is now.

Didn't call you a cracker...I should have linked it better....."firefly" is the one.

Last edited:
What really got me is when I found out that the City Councils over the years has amassed one of the most priceless art collections in the world.

No kidding! It's unreal what they have.

New $444 million hockey arena is still a go in Detroit

Oh my GOD!!! $444 million? They can't afford police or street lights.

Believe it or not it would probably be a very wise financial move. Hockey fans would flock from every corner of the universe if they pulled off an "original 6" stadium and a hotel right in the arena.

We're talking big money here.

I'd invest in a "Motown Museum" in a heart beat if someone wanted to build one; and most definitely a Motor City Madman Rock Museum :eusa_angel:

Lakhota wouldn't come but the rest of the rock world would.

The problem with Detroit is people are afraid to go there. Just like in the 60's. You didn't drive thru Detroit without your doors locked and your windows rolled up and you never stopped at a street light or a stop sign.

Forum List

Back