Doesn't the Detroit City Council have better things to do?

The Detroit City Council on Tuesday unanimously passed a resolution calling for a federal investigation to see whether civil rights charges are warranted against George Zimmerman, who was acquitted July 13 of second-degree murder and manslaughter charges in the killing of Florida teen Trayvon Martin.

The resolution, sponsored by Councilwoman JoAnn Watson, sparked a discussion over the need for city leaders and others to focus more on violence in Detroit.

I mean really! The only thing currently saving them from bankruptcy is a temporary injunction, black on black crime is rampant, the infrastructure is collapsing around them, and they waste time talking about something that happened 1,100 miles away?

Oh wait! Sorry I brought it up. There is no bias at all on the Detroit City Council.

detroit-city-council.jpg

Just like there is no bias in the House of Representatives.

Do you know they've tried to repeal Obamacare over 36 times and haven't done so yet?

I'm guessing Boehner is really bad at his job, as well as is screwing up the Congress because they really don't like a black man in the White House.

Oh yeah...................wanna talk about the abortion bills?

The GOP in Washington has done more to screw this country over because of their partisan, political and religious beliefs.

But....................that's only because they're trying to win over the electorate, which they keep losing because of their bigoted views.

At least resolutions like that are harmless. They can't do much else as they really have no power anymore. At least the adults have stepped in to do something about Detroit.

The Detroit City Council on Tuesday unanimously passed a resolution calling for a federal investigation to see whether civil rights charges are warranted against George Zimmerman, who was acquitted July 13 of second-degree murder and manslaughter charges in the killing of Florida teen Trayvon Martin.

The resolution, sponsored by Councilwoman JoAnn Watson, sparked a discussion over the need for city leaders and others to focus more on violence in Detroit.

I mean really! The only thing currently saving them from bankruptcy is a temporary injunction, black on black crime is rampant, the infrastructure is collapsing around them, and they waste time talking about something that happened 1,100 miles away?

Oh wait! Sorry I brought it up. There is no bias at all on the Detroit City Council.

detroit-city-council.jpg

Saving them from bankruptsy?

They cannot WAIT to go into bankruptsy, lad. Bankruptsy will give Detraiot relief from paying their bills.

It's the creditors of DETRIOT preventing the bankruptsy from happening.

As to their silly RESOLUTION?

Yeah they're whack, no doubt.

At least the adults have stepped in to do something about Detroit.

Well at least TRYING to do something about the financial and economic mess that is Detroit, Orr's bankruptcy filing has been blocked (for now) since apparently in Michigan adjusting pension benefits to realistic levels is unconstitutional (yes believe it or not financial reality is unconstitutional in Michigan). Top that off with all the ridiculous bickering going on about whose fault this mess is, oddly enough some Democrats are attempting to blame the City's woes on Republicans who have been absent from City Government for 5 decades (apparently the Republicans in Detroit should have foreseen these problems 50 years ago and done something about them). Then there are the revisionists that claim Detroit's problems are a result of fiscal conservatism and a City Government that was TOO SMALL, a claim that is so bizarre I can't even guess as to what type of brain would manufacture it.

All in all what this adds up to is status quo for the foreseeable future in Detroit, which translates into Detroit slipping further into the financial morass and an even harder, longer road to recovery. So the poor citizens of Detroit get to go pound sand while the miscreants that caused the problems play trial & error with excuses in the media and the public sector unions desperately cling to grossly over-sized, unaffordable benefits for a bit longer.

detroit-city-council.jpg

Do you know they've tried to repeal Obamacare over 36 times and haven't done so yet?

I'm guessing Boehner is really bad at his job, as well as is screwing up the Congress because they really don't like a black man in the White House.

The GOP in Washington has done more to screw this country over because of their partisan, political and religious beliefs.

But....................that's only because they're trying to win over the electorate, which they keep losing because of their bigoted views.

Holy crap.

That is some world class deflection right there.

Almost takes your breath away, doesn't it?

Holy crap.

That is some world class deflection right there.

Almost takes your breath away, doesn't it?

It would if it weren't so darn common on both sides of the political aisle.

The first rule in American Politics, "Don't answer the question you were asked, answer the question you wished you'd been asked". :redface:

I tend to agree, Avatar. How about a social experiment? Black Detroit vs White Detroit. Divide area and assets right down the middle. Provide housing for 250,000 blacks and 250,000 whites and give each city 10 years to succeed or fail.

I'm betting that inside of 10 years, one half of Detroit resembles Palmer Woods and the other half looks like Highland Park.

We don't need more division this President has provided enough. I have a much better idea, bring the jobs home from China. Give these people meaningful work.

I tend to agree, Avatar. How about a social experiment? Black Detroit vs White Detroit. Divide area and assets right down the middle. Provide housing for 250,000 blacks and 250,000 whites and give each city 10 years to succeed or fail.

I'm betting that inside of 10 years, one half of Detroit resembles Palmer Woods and the other half looks like Highland Park.

We don't need more division this President has provided enough. I have a much better idea, bring the jobs home from China. Give these people meaningful work.

Working in factories for pennies a day is meaningful work?

I have a much better idea, bring the jobs home from China.
How does one go about doing that? The laws & taxes in Detroit make labor so uncompetitive that no business person in there right mind would want to relocate there and you can see the political resistance in place with respect to relaxing those laws and making City an attractive place to do business again, and that doesn't take into account all the problems with crime and lack of basic city services. Also consider that those Automotive Manufacturing jobs didn't in bulk go to China, they went to other states, Mexico and Canada.

Give these people meaningful work.
You realize that according to the Detroit Literacy Coalition almost half the remaining population is functionality illiterate (47%), right ? Safe to say this makes giving these people "meaningful" work somewhat of a challenge from both a qualifications standpoint and why would an employer want to locate in an area with such a under qualified labor pool standpoint.

detroit-city-council.jpg

^^^Crap unworthy of a reply. ^^^

According to the demobots on this board, it's all the republicans fault for detroit, the current gov wont fund them......because before he arrived Detroit under Granholm was thriving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I mean who wouldnt want to go to downtown Detroit circa 2006?

detroit-city-council.jpg

^^^Crap unworthy of a reply. ^^^

Yet still you had to reply..........................

I have a much better idea, bring the jobs home from China.
How does one go about doing that? The laws & taxes in Detroit make labor so uncompetitive that no business person in there right mind would want to relocate there and you can see the political resistance in place with respect to relaxing those laws and making City an attractive place to do business again, and that doesn't take into account all the problems with crime and lack of basic city services. Also consider that those Automotive Manufacturing jobs didn't in bulk go to China, they went to other states, Mexico and Canada.

Give these people meaningful work.
You realize that according to the Detroit Literacy Coalition almost half the remaining population is functionality illiterate (47%), right ? Safe to say this makes giving these people "meaningful" work somewhat of a challenge from both a qualifications standpoint and why would an employer want to locate in an area with such a under qualified labor pool standpoint.

You're right...................why should you pay American labor the minimum wage or higher, when you can get China to provide workers for pennies per hour?

We can talk about Apple if you wish..........................the manufacture of the product is in China, yet the sales of the product happen here in the U.S.

And...............there are a whole lot less American workers who are selling the product than there are those who are making it for a lot less in China.

Oh yeah.................we can also talk about Mittens RobMe who has also shipped jobs to China.

Can we get him to bring those jobs back to America? Even after he made American workers train Chinese workers to do their jobs?

Look up Sensata on Google sometime.........................

detroit-city-council.jpg

they are getting paid, that's all that matters.

And how do they keep getting paid?

Why foment hate and anger, that's how.

Think about it. If they can get the locals to protest, then get some of them to riot, they can call in the Feds b/c they don't have the money themselves.

They get to look like civil rights heros and get money from us. it's a win-win

detroit-city-council.jpg

they are getting paid, that's all that matters.

And how do they keep getting paid?

Why foment hate and anger, that's how.

Think about it. If they can get the locals to protest, then get some of them to riot, they can call in the Feds b/c they don't have the money themselves.

They get to look like civil rights heros and get money from us. it's a win-win

Are you sure they're getting paid?

I thought there was a manager who was sent in (at the behest of a white person) to stop any unnecessary spending.

Additionally, he's been in the office for at least a year, and yet Detroit is going bankrupt.

This is why I feel the way I do. I don't sugar coat reality. :eusa_whistle:

This is why I feel the way I do. I don't sugar coat reality. :eusa_whistle:

Actually, I'd bet on the black folks.

Here's my plan...Ask China to send 500,000 exist people to live within Detroit. This way we have an intelligent and hard working people that can rebuild this city.

Very low crime
Very high work ethic

=winner

How about it?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back