Dollar General backtracks on self checkout

It was as much the fact that they wouldn't have anyone at the registers. It's not OK to steal but it went more like this.

The self check out was supposed to be an option but what would happen is you go to the register and the single employee is in the back of the store stocking shelves. Waiting around for a few for them to show up but when they don't, people just left with their merchandise.

Last time I was in one they did have two employee's now.

the dollar
It was as much the fact that they wouldn't have anyone at the registers. It's not OK to steal but it went more like this.

The self check out was supposed to be an option but what would happen is you go to the register and the single employee is in the back of the store stocking shelves. Waiting around for a few for them to show up but when they don't, people just left with their merchandise.

Last time I was in one they did have two employee's now.
the dollar store business model seems pretty hard on employees. i try not to bother them.

This was bound to happen. Stupid of then to think otherwise.

Seems there is a bit too much "shrink", in other words, theft. I guess this is good for people looking for a job, however.

Both the Walmarts near me are adding human registers and eliminating the self-checkouts here. They reduced the self-outs available to a single or a couple of aisles of them open, and lines backed up. lol It takes more employees to monitor the self-checkouts than it does just to have one cashier per aisle. Apparently phone in shopping just taking off either.

Odd. Self check out seems to work well at my local grocery store and at Lowe’s

One worker seems able to handle multiple check outs just fine

Odd. Self check out seems to work well at my local grocery store and at Lowe’s

One worker seems able to handle multiple check outs just fine

Same around here, even the local Aldi's added some.

I’d much rather use a self checkout at Aldi’s. The human cashiers rush you so much it’s an uncomfortable experience

If i have less than 20 to 25 items I will always choose self check. Our local store has a sign up now "self check limited to 10 items" but nobody pays it any attention and they are not going to kick someone out of it for having too many things.

Seems there is a bit too much "shrink", in other words, theft. I guess this is good for people looking for a job, however.

A long time ago I was a manager for a thrift store chain. I was good at having low "shrink" but stuff would still get stolen. Whenever I mentioned to others that people stole items from the store they acted like they were in shock that people would steal from a charity. Made my laugh at their cluelessness.

Forum List

Back