Dollar General backtracks on self checkout

A long time ago I was a manager for a thrift store chain. I was good at having low "shrink" but stuff would still get stolen. Whenever I mentioned to others that people stole items from the store they acted like they were in shock that people would steal from a charity. Made my laugh at their cluelessness.

Goodwill has shoplifting problems too, which is just sad.

Here in Virginia they are as prolific as 7-11's used to be back in the day. You can't drive 5 minutes without seeing one.
Are the 7-11 places still there? I haven't been to Virginia since December of 2007. The Washington D.C. area is where I would be, and the stores were all over the place. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I've only used the Dollar General Self-Checkout system once. I use them all the time though at Wal-Mart and my local grocery store which is named Food City.

I guess stores save a little money on self checkout because one 'clerk' can oversee several self check out stations. That being said, if they just ignore those stations they could lose a lot more $$ in stolen merchandise due to theft depending on the location and average customer.

I haven’t seen a 7-11 around here in at least 10 years. I miss them, they had the best slushee flavors.

Last time I went to Vegas, they were all over the place

I guess stores save a little money on self checkout because one 'clerk' can oversee several self check out stations. That being said, if they just ignore those stations they could lose a lot more $$ in stolen merchandise due to theft depending on the location and average customer.

You have to add the additional security personnel to the numbers as well.

I haven’t seen a 7-11 around here in at least 10 years. I miss them, they had the best slushee flavors.

Last time I went to Vegas, they were all over the place

The Slushees were the only thing they sold worth the price.

They save $15 per hour by not having a checker, but they lose much more than that in theft. This goes for all the stores going to self checkout.

Forum List

Back