Donald loses another bid to stop 1/6 investigators from obtaining documents

He'll be going to prison as soon as this crap all comes out.

If you blinked you missed it.​
Former President Donald Trump filed an emergency request to a federal judge late Monday night to prevent the National Archives from sending sensitive records to Jan. 6 committee investigators by Friday. And just after midnight, Judge Tanya Chutkan rejected it, contending the request itself was legally defective and “premature.”​
The unusual exchange, which happened in a span of two hours, comes as Chutkan is already considering an earlier request by Trump to prevent Congress from peering into his White House’s records about his attempt to overturn the 2020 election. Trump sued to block the National Archives from turning the records over last month, after President Joe Biden declined to assert executive privilege on his behalf. The Archives indicated it would turn the papers over to lawmakers by Friday, unless a court intervened.​

I sure as hell don't know all the legal stuff here, but clearly Trump and his cronies are going to do everything they can to stop us from learning what they did. I don't think there is anything they could do to look more guilty.

The questions are (a) is the Attorney General going to do anything about this, and (b) will Trump and his cronies be successful in trying to drag this out to January 2023.

Is Garland gun-shy, or is he carefully assembling his cases?

This is going nowhere....its a farce and the people know it....the dems will be out of power before the court wrangling is over and then the 1-6 commission will be over too....into the dustbin of demtard history...LOL
That’s how you sweep things under the rug.

You guys are pros at this.

I sure as hell don't know all the legal stuff here, but clearly Trump and his cronies are going to do everything they can to stop us from learning what they did. I don't think there is anything they could do to look more guilty.

The questions are (a) is the Attorney General going to do anything about this, and (b) will Trump and his cronies be successful in trying to drag this out to January 2023.

Is Garland gun-shy, or is he carefully assembling his cases?

I think Fort Fun has this one correct. It's the states that will have the best shot at Das Dotard.
As for Garland, I'm extremely disappointed with him at present. The case against Bannon is open and shut.
If he lets these assholes get away with thumbing their noses at congressional subpoenas, congress will be officially toothless.

Former President Donald Trump filed an emergency request to a federal judge late Monday night to prevent the National Archives from sending sensitive records to Jan. 6 committee investigators by Friday. And just after midnight, Judge Tanya Chutkan rejected it, contending the request itself was legally defective and “premature.”​
The unusual exchange, which happened in a span of two hours, comes as Chutkan is already considering an earlier request by Trump to prevent Congress from peering into his White House’s records about his attempt to overturn the 2020 election. Trump sued to block the National Archives from turning the records over last month, after President Joe Biden declined to assert executive privilege on his behalf. The Archives indicated it would turn the papers over to lawmakers by Friday, unless a court intervened.​

There is a very simple question in all of this; what is Donnie Dark Side trying to hide? Why does he not want documents, that would show his innocence, not made public. Why, why, why??? Could it be that it is because he is guilty as sin of trying to overthrow the government of the United States of America?

60+ judges (ten appointed by Trump) told you the election was not fraudulent
Bill Barr told you the election was not fraudulent
Donald's Cyber Security Chief told you the election was not fraudulent
Multiple recounts (machine and hand) and countless signature matches told you the election was not fraudulent
Republican governors and Secretaries of State told you the election was not fraudulent

Appears to me that you are the one who refuses to be friends with transparency.

60+ judges (ten appointed by Trump) told you the election was not fraudulent
Bill Barr told you the election was not fraudulent
Donald's Cyber Security Chief told you the election was not fraudulent
Multiple recounts (machine and hand) and countless signature matches told you the election was not fraudulent
Republican governors and Secretaries of State told you the election was not fraudulent

Appears to me that you are the one who refuses to be friends with transparency.

He sure has no problem helping foreign governments tear down democracy though.

That’s how you sweep things under the rug.

You guys are pros at this.
That's where dirtballs like the haters on this commission belong...under the rug...they and the 1-6 addicted media are embarrassing themselves....

trump called the Jan 6th rioters "retards."

The FBI? Oh, you mean the DNC secret police.
So I am guessing that you dont know ? I suspect that they didnt have access or there would not be a problem with this request. It looks like the FBI investigation was not thorough and that this one is much needed.

Forum List

Back