Donald Trump is the best hope for blue collar, conservative Americans

Dec 20, 2017
Blue-collar conservatives are tired. We are fed up with smug liberals lecturing us on, well everything basically. Even though I have financially moved up into a metropolitan suburb, I am tired of rural, blue collar farming communities like the one I grew up in judged and mocked every time I turn on my television and in day to day interactions with the "progressives" in the upper class white suburbs I am forced to live in. That is my family, my community, my culture that I am watching being drug through the mud and being portrayed as supposedly stupid, backwards, and immoral. If the community I grew up in is culturally backwards, I wish I could go backwards.

Conservatives, being the most compassionate people on the planet, are possibly way too tolerant. We politely follow all of society's rules and expect the same common courtesy in return. Donald Trump goes where we don't want to go and beats the left at their own game. It is absolutely hilarious to watch him use the left's childish tactics against them. It is a refreshing change to see someone in politics defend the heartland.

Most of all, I loathe the attitude that blue-collar work is a thing of the past and in any way beneath Americans. Perhaps this makes me a hypocrite since I have moved into the white-collar world, except I am as proud of some the physical work that I have done as I am of the work I do now. When I visit my family, I intentionally drive by a huge landscaping structure me and my friends built for college tuition money. We did this as grown men in our late twenties after having worked factory jobs since graduation. My friend started his own landscaping business. He took the risk and hired us. I'm sure he made more off of the jobs than we did, except he risked a lot more than we did. We participated in capitalism and reaped its rewards.

America, as a nation, needs to work hard and retain skills. In my chosen field of Computer Programming, it's not simply the jobs that I see leaving, it's the skills. When the prospect of a job is snatched away, the motivation to acquire the skills necessary to acquire that job is snatched away as well. I have personally seen college surveys that state this as the number one reason given for low enrollment in Computer Science programs. When we lose the skills and expertise, we are finished as a civilization. We will become irrelevant if that happens. Our skills, hard work, and moral values are what built this country and the only thing that can maintain it.

Blue-collar conservatives are tired. We are fed up with smug liberals lecturing us on, well everything basically. Even though I have financially moved up into a metropolitan suburb, I am tired of rural, blue collar farming communities like the one I grew up in judged and mocked every time I turn on my television and in day to day interactions with the "progressives" in the upper class white suburbs I am forced to live in. That is my family, my community, my culture that I am watching being drug through the mud and being portrayed as supposedly stupid, backwards, and immoral. If the community I grew up in is culturally backwards, I wish I could go backwards.

Conservatives, being the most compassionate people on the planet, are possibly way too tolerant. We politely follow all of society's rules and expect the same common courtesy in return. Donald Trump goes where we don't want to go and beats the left at their own game. It is absolutely hilarious to watch him use the left's childish tactics against them. It is a refreshing change to see someone in politics defend the heartland.

Most of all, I loathe the attitude that blue-collar work is a thing of the past and in any way beneath Americans. Perhaps this makes me a hypocrite since I have moved into the white-collar world, except I am as proud of some the physical work that I have done as I am of the work I do now. When I visit my family, I intentionally drive by a huge landscaping structure me and my friends built for college tuition money. We did this as grown men in our late twenties after having worked factory jobs since graduation. My friend started his own landscaping business. He took the risk and hired us. I'm sure he made more off of the jobs than we did, except he risked a lot more than we did. We participated in capitalism and reaped its rewards.

America, as a nation, needs to work hard and retain skills. In my chosen field of Computer Programming, it's not simply the jobs that I see leaving, it's the skills. When the prospect of a job is snatched away, the motivation to acquire the skills necessary to acquire that job is snatched away as well. I have personally seen college surveys that state this as the number one reason given for low enrollment in Computer Science programs. When we lose the skills and expertise, we are finished as a civilization. We will become irrelevant if that happens. Our skills, hard work, and moral values are what built this country and the only thing that can maintain it.

Why is this in general discussion and not in the humor section?

Tired you people might be, but being tired doesn't change the laws of physics or anything else for that matter.

Trump will still pump up the economy so much that he'll try and get re-elected in 3 years time, and then what? At some point the economy will do what it did in 2008 and you'll be the people without jobs while the rich mother fuckers are taking your money.

First of all, I get what you are saying about the ridicule of people in rural areas. It used to bother me too. But then it occurred to me, what the fuck do I care if they talk bad about the rural areas? Does that have any actual effect on their lives?

Second of all, Trump is doing no more than anyone has to help blue collar, rural working people. Zilch. Nada.

Third, if retaining skills is your goal, then Trump is no friend. Nevermind the repeal of tax breaks for those in college seeking an advanced degree, his tax plan is clearly slanted towards the rich. If your employer gives you a choice of relocate or lose your job, you can no longer deduct the expense of the move. However, if your employer wants to take the company overseas, he gets to deduct the cost of moving it.

Why is this in general discussion and not in the humor section?

Tired you people might be, but being tired doesn't change the laws of physics or anything else for that matter.

Trump will still pump up the economy so much that he'll try and get re-elected in 3 years time, and then what? At some point the economy will do what it did in 2008 and you'll be the people without jobs while the rich mother fuckers are taking your money.
Welcome, FM 235167.

I see you've already met one of your new playmates. Cohorts to follow I'm sure.

Anyway, play along and enjoy their idiocy as many in here do.

Forum List

Back