🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Donald Trump Poised To Become Misstater In Chief

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
587964251200002d00ad784f.jpeg

President-elect Donald Trump is set to take his proclivity for falsehoods into the Oval Office next week.

WASHINGTON ― Donald Trump told America this week that he had no loans from Russia. That Russian intelligence could not possibly have compromising material about him. That no one on his staff had any contacts with the Russians during the presidential campaign.

And after 18 months of listening to him, Americans might be excused if they choose not to believe even a word of it, as the candidate who issued falsehoods at a historic rate will next week find himself the least believed president since Richard Nixon, right from the moment he takes the oath of office.

“You don’t want to be accused of lying,” said Matt Mackowiak, a Texas-based GOP communications consultant. “But that doesn’t seem to bother Trump.”

Ari Fleischer, former press secretary to President George W. Bush, said voters obviously tolerated Trump’s loose relationship with facts when they went to the polls in November. “Trump comes from a business world where what’s important is: Can you turn a pile of dirt into a tower of steel?”

As to whether and how Trump can win back credibility, the question itself might be irrelevant.

“Politically it may not matter because if people in general like what he’s getting accomplished and notice improvements in their lives, I don’t think people are going to be too worried about the precision of his language,” said Rick Tyler, a former aide to Trump’s last remaining Republican primary rival, Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas. “As long as things are going great, you know: Tell me lies! Tell me lies!”

And that, says frequent Trump critic Jay Rosen, is precisely the next president’s plan. “Trump is preparing a presidency that optimizes for a low-trust environment,” said Rosen, a journalism professor at New York University. “The whole premise of ‘winning back credibility’ is off. He’s prepared to govern without credibility. He seeks to profit from maximizing distrust.”

"You don’t want to be accused of lying. But that doesn’t seem to bother Trump."
--Matt Mackowiak, Texas-based GOP consultant
Trump through the years has been notoriously willing to say things that are untrue. During a 2007 deposition in a defamation lawsuit he filed because he was angry that the writer had questioned his claimed net worth, Trump repeatedly made statementsthat proved to be false. He claimed ownership of properties, for example, in which he was either merely licensing the use of his name or was in line to receive a share of future profits. When confronted by lawyers, Trump then argued that, in fact, not having an ownership interest was smarter because it limited his losses.

A decade and a half earlier, Trump had taken untruth to a new level, calling a gossip columnist to claim a nonexistent sexual relationship with Italian supermodel Carla Bruni while claiming to be his own nonexistent press aide.

The proclivity for falsehoods accompanied Trump into his presidential campaign, as Trump regularly misrepresented facts about ― among many, many other things ― the crime rate, the unemployment rate, the size and strength of the U.S. military, the nature and significance of the balance of trade, Muslims cheering from rooftops on 9/11, self-funding his campaign and the current state of illegal immigration.

More: Donald Trump Poised To Become Misstater In Chief

Misstater in Chief is a very kind way to put it - and a gross understatement.

Yep, I heard him say "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor", and "If you like your health plan you can keep it", "There isn't a smidgen of corruption" in his administration, "We have shut down Iran's nuclear effort", "The Benghazi attack was caused by a video", and a host of other things. He is definitely the Misstater in Chief.

That was Trump, wasn't it? Or was it somebody else? :confused-84:

Funny how the establishment Republicans had months and months to smear Trump but could not do so. Are they the incompetent bunch or is Trump just too smart for them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yep, I heard him say "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor", and "If you like your health plan you can keep it", "There isn't a smidgen of corruption" in his administration, "We have shut down Iran's nuclear effort", "The Benghazi attack was caused by a video", and a host of other things. He is definitely the Misstater in Chief.

But, but, but Obama...

But, but, but Obama...
You mean If, If, If...

But, but, but Obama...
You mean If, If, If...

Isn't there a forum for children?

But, but, but Obama...
You mean If, If, If...

Your hogging it all to yo-self sq...

But, but, but Obama...
You mean If, If, If...

Conservatives acted like children for 8 fucking years!

But, but, but Obama...
You mean If, If, If...

If there was you'd be the first one sent there.

But, but, but Obama...
You mean If, If, If...

I've been here for five years and you have been acting like a child the whole time. Grow up fucker.

But, but, but Obama...
You mean If, If, If...

Speaking of children - here's what we have to look forward to:

New Yorker Cover Imagines The Childishness Of A Donald Trump Presidency
C2DZJUBXAAAkhpA.jpg

With just one week until President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration, The New Yorker used its cover to imagine what his presidency will be like.

The cover features Trump trying to fit into an amusement ride meant for children. Earlier this month, Trump met with executives of Condé Nast, the parent company of The New Yorker, as well as David Remnick, the magazine’s editor, and Graydon Carter, the editor of Vanity Fair. Remnick had called Trump’s election “an American tragedy.”

But, but, but Obama...
You mean If, If, If...

I've been here for five years and you have been acting like a child the whole time. Grow up fucker.

There lashing out, going to be fun as the whole country watch's the snowflake/cry babies have a tantrum at the inaugural and for the next 32 yrs...:2up:

But, but, but Obama...
You mean If, If, If...

C2DZJUBXAAAkhpA.jpg

With just one week until President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration, The New Yorker used its cover to imagine what his presidency will be like.

The cover features Trump trying to fit into an amusement ride meant for children. Earlier this month, Trump met with executives of Condé Nast, the parent company of The New Yorker, as well as David Remnick, the magazine’s editor, and Graydon Carter, the editor of Vanity Fair. Remnick had called Trump’s election “an American tragedy.”

and here is the pos we had...
piedpiper08.gif

But, but, but Obama...
You mean If, If, If...

C2DZJUBXAAAkhpA.jpg

piedpiper08.gif

Please stop it. Your avatar of Matt Damon with a sniper rifle is killing me. I can't stop laughing. Just stop it.

Last edited:
You mean If, If, If...

There lashing out, going to be fun as the whole country watch's the snowflake/cry babies have a tantrum at the inaugural and for the next 32 yrs...:2up:

You mean If, If, If...

C2DZJUBXAAAkhpA.jpg

piedpiper08.gif

Please stop it. Your avator of Matt Damon with a sniper rifle is killing me. I can't stop laughing. Just stop it.

That guy is a pussy bitch that probably lives off of money he got passed down...No fucking idea how it is to be without.

Likes to judge the working class that pounds their ass 8-9 hours per day when they need a little bit of help or are layed off. Fucking heartless asshole.

Forum List

Back