🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Donald Trump Vows To Change Libel Laws To Sue Journalists

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
This moron has no clue and the ignorant flyover rubes cheer even more

At a rally today in Texas, Donald Trump said that if elected president, he would push to significantly change libel laws so he and others can sue journalists who write stories he finds “dishonest,” apparently not concerned with the Constitution’s First Amendment protections of free speech and the freedom of the press.

this guy is ignorant Shit stain which doesn't say much for his supporters

At a rally today in Texas, Donald Trump said that if elected president, he would push to significantly change libel laws so he and others can sue journalists who write stories he finds “dishonest,” apparently not concerned with the Constitution’s First Amendment protections of free speech and the freedom of the press.

Libel is illegal for everyone else....

Why should news media hacks get a pass????

Oh, I see it now.....

You're worried your left-wing sites like Moron.org will have to be honest, or get sued, aren't you????

Oh, I see it now.....

You're worried your left-wing sites like Moron.org will have to be honest, or get sued, aren't you????

Libel is, yes. But that's not what Rump proposes to change. He said libel laws.

To wit: "I’m going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposefully negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money,” Trump said. “We’re going to open up those libel laws.”

It's a Sedition Act. Write something negative about Rump --- like I'm doing right now --- and get "sued".

This is why Rumpleforeskin can never occupy the position of POTUS. The first, initial, number-one thing a POTUS has to do is swear to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution. And he can't recocile this with that.

Actually that ship already sailed when he started yammering about deporting/blocking people on the basis of their religion and "closing down mosques".

12362247_734723013325150_1137875277_n.jpg

More distressing than Rump bellowing his contempt for the First Amendment, is that when he utters this crapola, a few ignorami actually cheer the idea. Not many of course, since even in Texas most of them have to stop and go "what the fuck?", but a few.

Having fun, kiddies?

Enjoy it while it lasts.

It ends January 20, 2017.

After which you'll be on the Back Bench for at least 4 years... maybe 8... maybe more.

Enjoy.

Oh, I see it now.....

To wit: "I’m going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposefully negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money,” Trump said. “We’re going to open up those libel laws.”

It's a Sedition Act. Write something negative about Rump --- like I'm doing right now --- and get "sued".

This is why Rumpleforeskin can never occupy the position of POTUS. The first, initial, number-one thing a POTUS has to do is swear to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution. And he can't recocile this with that.

Actually that ship already sailed when he started yammering about deporting/blocking people on the basis of their religion and "closing down mosques".

Actually, if you read the quote, it says he will change the laws to allow journalists and the media to be sued when THEY decide to openly lie about someone (just like anyone else can be)...

Since the TRUTH is an ironclad defense against libel, what are the left-wingers so worried about???

Are you afraid your lying-assed sites might have to suddenly start reporting the TRUTH, instead of just making shit up???

Oh, I see it now.....

At a rally today in Texas, Donald Trump said that if elected president, he would push to significantly change libel laws so he and others can sue journalists who write stories he finds “dishonest,”

Having fun, kiddies?

Enjoy it while it lasts.

After which you'll be on the Back Bench for at least 4 years... maybe 8... maybe more.

Enjoy.

too funny!!! you crackers are becoming the minority , now go sit in the back of the bus and learn your new roll

Oh, I see it now.....

Actually, if you read the quote, it says he will change the laws to allow journalists and the media to be sued when THEY decide to openly lie about someone (just like anyone else can be)...

Since the TRUTH is an ironclad defense against libel, what are the left-wingers so worried about???

Are you afraid your lying-assed sites might have to suddenly start reporting the TRUTH, instead of just making shit up???

Actually I did read the quote, and it says nothing about "lying". It says, and I quote, "purposefully negative and horrible and false articles". And in the video he elaborates, "when the New York Times writes a hit piece which is a disgrace".

"Negative"
"Horrible"
"hit piece"
"disgrace"

Those are not negotiable under libel laws. Those are value judgments. Blusterfluff emotional hooks which is what Rump's entire fact-free campaign has been comprised of.

You CAN'T write a law like that, and if you tried it would be struck down wid a quickness.
Why? Because a loooooooong time ago we stipulated that Congress shall make no law abridging Freedom of the Press. And that's BFA --- Basic Fucking Americana.

What Rump is doing here is whining in advance of some future analysis he doesn't like, being the child he still is, bloviating that he's going to change laws to make it possible for him to sue opinions he doesn't like. :gay:

Lawsuits take up an enormous amount of closet space in Rump's paranoid self-absorbed entitlement world. He sued Palm Beach County --- three times --- because he didn't like planes flying over his estate :gay: --- yet can't take the simple responsibility to admit he didn't do his due diligence when buying the property, which would have given him the readily available information that that property sat right on a flight path.

This is the kind of self-absorbed moron he is.

Obviously you can't write false facts about somebody. But that doesn't require any change to libel laws --- they already prohibit that.

What he wants here is the ability to squash anything that doesn't fall on his knees and immediately gobble his knob. Stuff like this:

--- better download that before Rump gets it removed btw.

Last edited:

Oh, I see it now.....

Actually I did read the quote, and it says nothing about "lying". It says, and I quote, "purposefully negative and horrible and false articles". And in the video he elaborates, "when the New York Times writes a hit piece which is a disgrace".

"Negative"
"Horrible"
"hit piece"
"disgrace"

Those are not negotiable under libel laws. Those are value judgments. Blusterfluff emotional hooks which is what Rump's entire fact-free campaign has been comprised of.

You CAN'T write a law like that, and if you tried it would be struck down immediately.

What Rump is doing here is whining in advance of some future analysis he doesn't like, being the child he still is, bloviating that he's going to change laws to make it possible for him to sue opinions he doesn't like. :gay:

Lawsuits take up an enormous amount of closet space in Rump's paranoid self-absorbed entitlement world. He sued Palm Beach County --- three times --- because he didn't like planes flying over his estate :gay: --- yet can't take the simple responsibility to admit he didn't do his due diligence when buying the property, which would have given him the readily available information that that property sat right on a flight path.

This is the kind of moron he is.
I realize you're a Liberal, but are you really so fucking stupid that you don't realize a FALSE claim equates to LYING???

But of course you defend lying, because that's what Liberals do best...

Oh, I see it now.....

At a rally today in Texas, Donald Trump said that if elected president, he would push to significantly change libel laws so he and others can sue journalists who write stories he finds “dishonest,”
And then it would be up to the court's to make a determination on whether or not it's Libel, wouldn't it??

Dumbass....

Oh, I see it now.....

"Negative"
"Horrible"
"hit piece"
"disgrace"

You CAN'T write a law like that, and if you tried it would be struck down immediately.

I realize you're a Liberal, but are you really so fucking stupid that you don't realize a FALSE claim equates to LYING???

False, if it refers to facts, would be. Then again when has Rumpledforeskin ever trafficked in facts?

However, "negative", "horrible" "hit piece" and "disgrace" do not fit that definition. They are value judgments, ie. opinion. And opinion is protected by the Constitution.

But I already said this. Back while you were going :lalala:

The Constitution is Not Backing Down. It is not "negotiable". It does not "make deals".

Having fun, kiddies?

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Enjoy.

The Constitution does not, as you put it, "end". Nor does it take a "back bench".

Having fun, kiddies?

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Enjoy.

too funny!!! you crackers are becoming the minority , now go sit in the back of the bus and learn your new roll
Calm yourself, boy...

Having fun, kiddies?

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Enjoy.

The Constitution does not, as you put it, "end". Nor does it take a "back bench".
Not the Constitution...

Liberals.

Check the topic ---- Amendment Number One.

Written by Liberals, granted, but still.... not going away.

Having fun, kiddies?

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Enjoy.

Not the Constitution...

Liberals.

The implication being, Liberal arrogance, and LIberal political power, are being sidelined on that date; not the Constitution.

As to the Constitution being written by Liberals, well, half of 'em were slave-holders or from slave colony-states; not surprising, actually.

Oh, I see it now.....

"Negative"
"Horrible"
"hit piece"
"disgrace"

You realize that journalists are already subject to libel if they intentionally lie about someone to cause harm to their reputation.

Why then would the laws need to be 'opened up'?

Having fun, kiddies?

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Enjoy.

Not the Constitution...

Liberals.

The implication being, Liberal arrogance, and LIberal political power, are being sidelined on that date; not the Constitution.

The implications being.....an enemies list. And targeting of the press if Trump doesn't like what they say.

I ask again, why would libel laws need to be 'opened up' if they already apply to journalists who do what Trump is accusing them of?

Forum List

Back