🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Don't Forget The Time Change!!

It's here! Tonight. Barf. I hate this one. Move forward! Lose an hour.

(yes I did a search and did not find anything on it)
Resetting my watches now.

The cellphone and the computer do it automatically.

I hate this crap.

This was Richard Nixon's idea of how to save oil.

Daylight saving time in the United States - Wikipedia
And there's a perfect reason not to source Wikipedia........... It's not always completely accurate........

The History of Daylight Saving Time

History & info - Daylight Saving Time, early adoption, U.S. law

I hate this crap.

And there's a perfect reason not to source Wikipedia........... It's not always completely accurate........

Well you know, we all get our own "alternatives" now.

I hate this crap.

No, Wikipedia is "user contributed" which is why it's not accepted at any accredited colleges and universities as a reference source.

I hate this crap.

No, Wikipedia is "user contributed" which is why it's not accepted at any accredited colleges and universities as a reference source.

Oh I know all that, I'm just not convinced a google off or a source versus source gambit holds water in Reality America. Especially since when one cites the types of sources you deem acceptable here as inherently "liberal" once cited.

I hate this crap.

Oh I know all that, I'm just not convinced a google off or a source versus source gambit holds water in Reality America. Especially since when one cites the types of sources you deem acceptable here as inherently "liberal" once cited.
Okay, how about the Library of Congress?

Daylight Saving Time - Newspaper and Current Periodical Reading Room (Serial and Government Publications Division, Library of Congress)

World War I and Daylight Savings Time | Teaching with the Library of Congress

Full text - Daylight Saving Time - Congressional Research

Webexhibits is part of the Library of Congress.

I hate this crap.

Daylight Saving Time - Newspaper and Current Periodical Reading Room (Serial and Government Publications Division, Library of Congress)

Ha ha, I wasn't arguing the specific point, nevermind, guess I was't clear.

Ha ha, I wasn't arguing the specific point, nevermind, guess I was't clear.
Guess not. :dunno:

All you need to do is click on the Wiki links in the footnotes.

Saves tons of time and then you can impress your friends and professors with how totally smart (not) you are.

:D

I remember that Tricky Dick promised energy conservation and all he came up with is going back onto DST like in WW1.

Imagine being Tricky Dick and his wifey Pat -- everybody will hate you forever and ever in Heaven or Hell wherever you go !!

Last edited:
It just changed. I am tired already.:lol:

I survived the first morning !!

Woke up to my alarm at 5:15 a.m. as usual on Sunday morning and although it was really 4:15 a.m. I got up as usual and got cleaned up and fed my cat and made my breakfast.

The cat is probably thinking, "Wow! This is great! The Human got up and fed me one hour earlier than usual !!"

So day #1 is behind me now.

I'm going to try to stay up all day and not take a nap early, to cement the adjustment to the newly implement daylight savings time for the new year.

The good news is that springtime is effectively here now.

The bad news is that it takes 2 or 3 days to get used to it.

The cat went back to sleep !!

All you need to do is click on the Wiki links in the footnotes.

Saves tons of time and then you can impress your friends and professors with how totally smart (not) you are.

:D
That's okay, I'll go to the source first and bypass the intermediary........ :thup:

I remember that Tricky Dick promised energy conservation and all he came up with is going back onto DST like in WW1.

Imagine being Tricky Dick and his wifey Pat -- everybody will hate you forever and ever in Heaven or Hell wherever you go !!
No, two weeks before I was to go to Nam Nixon started the draw down and my orders were changed. Not everyone hates him....... :eusa_whistle:

In coastal Maine, we are supposed to be in Atlantic Standard Time Zone (across the border in New Brunswick, it is). If we didn't have this Spring-ahead thing, it would be broad daylight by 4 a.m. in the summer, and that's just too much.

I survived the first morning !!

Woke up to my alarm at 5:15 a.m. as usual on Sunday morning and although it was really 4:15 a.m. I got up as usual and got cleaned up and fed my cat and made my breakfast.

The cat is probably thinking, "Wow! This is great! The Human got up and fed me one hour earlier than usual !!"

So day #1 is behind me now.

I'm going to try to stay up all day and not take a nap early, to cement the adjustment to the newly implement daylight savings time for the new year.

The good news is that springtime is effectively here now.

The bad news is that it takes 2 or 3 days to get used to it.

The cat went back to sleep !!

Who in the hell sets their alarm for 5:15 am on a Sunday morning?!?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back