Don't like the Upgrade at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click "quote" at the bottom of the post, then go to "reply" at the bottom of the page.

My take on this board:

I'd like it were it not for that ridiculously wide low-info right-hand column thing. Can it be reduced by 50% or more?

More space for posts, less space devoted to dead air.

Thanks.

If you just click reply it will automatically quote the post, which means you have to edit your post if you want to reply without the quote.

Since we're complaining, I'll lodge one myself.

One thing this software doesn't have that I miss from IP.Board sites is the ability to ignore a person's signature. I don't mean all signatures, I mean being able to turn off one person's signature so you personally don't see it (but it doesn't stop anybody else from seeing it).

That is an awesome feature that I wish CK would try to get ported over.

Just practicing what you said.

You don't have to click quote, then reply. Just click Reply.

+Quote is if you want to quote more than one post. You click +Quote on the first post (and posts after that you want to quote), then Reply (but not +Quote) on the last post.

oh-you-little-bitch-troll-from-hell.gif

Well....I just went over to another political board I post at from time to time...mostly just another eye candy thread titled differently...but I gotta admit that I love the format over there more than this one. The color is soft blues and grays..so soothing. And it stretches all across the page like the old forum here did. And it is so user friendly. And it is fast. Only problem is...Staff. They are so damn strict. I still haven't figured out what they expect. But the board itself? Awesome.

Sigh.

It'll take some time to get used to, but it's still basically the same - a message board.

It's not that complicated to figure out.

I disagree, it's become a social networking site like Facebook with likes and dislikes. The content section now is nothing like the subscribed thread we had before. The user CP was one of the best things I liked about this board, and nobody else came close. I understand the demographic they were going after win these changes, the younger Twitter / Facebook / Instagram types, but that category isn't really interested in spending time in a news board type environment. I don't know enough to have a valid opinion of whether this big risk of "out with the old" members and "in with the new" younger crowd is going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back