Don't like the Upgrade at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a member of a board that did alerts, instead of the user cp with the auto subscribed threads there, easily followed.

The board subsequently died. No lie.

You can turn the alerts off. And the CP is there, it just looks different.
Got to the top, let the mouse hover near your username, click on your name within the floating menu. This will open your user profile. You will see "profile posts", "recent activity", "postings", "information" and "areas".

Click on "information".

There will be two links, one to your postings, the other to your threads.

All the other stuff you need is in the hover menu.

Ah-ha!

For those unable to post, go into Preferences and make sure two boxes are UNchecked. They're the 'Use rich-text format...' and 'Use Flash-uploader' ones. Looking for the 'delete (my unusable account) just now ;) I noticed them and now I can post.

Site still giving script errors, and taking 3 times as long to load each page, and looks ugly (if only because it's different but I might stick around afterall.)

Ooh...Trying Disable All Scripts, not only does it clear up the Script error every new page, but instead of 30+ secs per page it's under 9s. Thought it'd remove the post ability but evidently not.

You can turn the alerts off. And the CP is there, it just looks different.
Got to the top, let the mouse hover near your username, click on your name within the floating menu. This will open your user profile. You will see "profile posts", "recent activity", "postings", "information" and "areas".

Click on "information".

There will be two links, one to your postings, the other to your threads.

All the other stuff you need is in the hover menu.

That's the ridiculously long route as opposed to our traditional CP.

And two clicks now, to quote a post. It's doodoo.

I don't mind the physical appearance itself, but this new interface sucks.

No-whining.jpg

Jeez people. Sack up already.

I still need someone to direct me to where the smiley etc are. I was told they appear as I make a post or reply but I still don't see a thing .

hmmmm---- I guess I'll figure it out eventually-----I don't know how to add one of those to a post. Or even change the color of my font

hmmmm---- I guess I'll figure it out eventually-----I don't know how to add one of those to a post. Or even change the color of my font
When you click on reply, look up to the bar that starts with a B and look over to the right and see a smiley. Click on it.

I'd rather have active topics be a bull down menu and have the threads go full width. This layout is a had too much dead air.

And two clicks now, to quote a post. It's doodoo.

If by doodoo you mean incorrect, you're right.

It only requires one click to quote a post (the Reply button).

Thank you, please drive through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back