DOW continues plunge, goodbye 23000

Another 5oo Point drop on Christmas Eve.View attachment 236579
Too band for the rich. What really counts for the average Joe is the 3-4% GDP growth for the last two years.

Yeah...everyone is heavily concerned with GDP. WRONG!!!!
You seem happy about the stock market this week.

I'm waiting with baited breath to hear The Blob's plan to calm the markets. He does have a plan....right? I'm sure you'll be good enough to share with us....right?

The plan is right at the end of the Trump health care plan proposal. All of that is in a file with his tax returns.

Another 5oo Point drop on Christmas Eve.View attachment 236579
Too band for the rich. What really counts for the average Joe is the 3-4% GDP growth for the last two years.

Yeah...everyone is heavily concerned with GDP. WRONG!!!!
You seem happy about the stock market this week.

I'm waiting with baited breath to hear The Blob's plan to calm the markets. He does have a plan....right? I'm sure you'll be good enough to share with us....right?

The plan is right at the end of the Trump health care plan proposal. All of that is in a file with his tax returns.

nice. But seriously, he's supposed to be some sort of financial genius with a record number of bankruptcies and a several civil suits over his questionable (some call it illegal) business practices....I'm sure we'll all be floored when he tells us his plans to stabilize the markets; the same markets that his policies plunged into turmoil in the first place.

Just for the record...

The DJIA isn't the most important economic indicator; it's not even a great indicator; it's 30 stocks.

But here is what the grand cheeto said:

"But the reason our stock market is so successful is because of me. I've always been great with money, I've always been great with jobs, that's what I do. And I've done it well, I've done it really well, much better than people understand and they understand I've done well. But we have a tremendous amount of strength because of what's happened. You know, think of it -- $5.5 trillion worth of value."

So the reason it's plunging has to be because of him as well.

Trump: "the reason our stock market is so successful is because of me"

I am sure that it is all the fed's fault. It has nothing to do with his trade war.....

BTW, I understand that a person can get a REALLY good deal on soybeans this year!

Stock market was 18,000 before Election Day 2016. Its now 23,000.

Yea, I think President Trump will “own up” the 30% increase over two years.

Yes the market continued to rise throughout Obama’s last budget year which ended October 1/2017. Since that time the stock market has stalled and is now dropping like a stone.

So what legislation did th Hussein pass to keep the economy going for so long?

If you are talking about Obama, it would be much easier to tell you what he did not do that kept the economy strong. He did not start a world wide trade war.

No, the Hussein just surrendered to China and the EU.

Yes the market continued to rise throughout Obama’s last budget year which ended October 1/2017. Since that time the stock market has stalled and is now dropping like a stone.

If you are talking about Obama, it would be much easier to tell you what he did not do that kept the economy strong. He did not start a world wide trade war.

Well, I admit that I miss the days when my 401-k was healthy enough to last my lifetime. but, if losing assets is good, then I will concede that Trump simply can not be beat!

Well, I admit that I miss the days when my 401-k was healthy enough to last my lifetime. but, if losing assets is good, then I will concede that Trump simply can not be beat!
I suggest you learn how to Trade not relying on slave labor.

I have tried to deal with you on an adult level, but you simply are too immature to discuss anything, other than personal insults. Adios, Chico.

I have tried to deal with you on an adult level, but you simply are too immature to discuss anything, other than personal insults. Adios, Chico.

Translation: “I can’t win this argument”
He’s paying a buck more for vodka.
Poor rich bastard.

Translation: “I can’t win this argument”

You do not make good sock. I suggest that you remain a devoted Cool Aid salesperson. The ranks are thinning, and Trump can use all the help he can get.

Last edited:

Obama was still president before and after election day ... and the Dow is now under 22,000. It's up a whopping 10% since Trump became president.

Dow drops 470 points to 14-month low in second day of big losses following Fed rate hike

It's time for Trump to own up to this. If he can own the ups, he can own these ugly downs.

Solutions?

Presidents don't really control the stock market. Congresses do. Who's running the Congress now? Oh yeah. The Democrats. Let's see what they do. Funny, the closer it gets to the Dims taking over the House again, the more the Dow tanks. But at any rate, 23,000 was known in the vernacular as a "bubble." Bubbles eventually break. Let's see what the Dims do to fix it.

Dow drops 470 points to 14-month low in second day of big losses following Fed rate hike

It's time for Trump to own up to this. If he can own the ups, he can own these ugly downs.

Solutions?

Presidents don't really control the stock market. Congresses do. Who's running the Congress now? Oh yeah. The Democrats. Let's see what they do. Funny, the closer it gets to the Dims taking over the House again, the more the Dow tanks. But at any rate, 23,000 was known in the vernacular as a "bubble." Bubbles eventually break. Let's see what the Dims do to fix it.
"Who's running the Congress now? Oh yeah. The Democrats."

Holyfuckingshit! :eusa_doh:

Dumbfuck .... Republicans still run both chambers of Congress.

1233796371590.gif

You rightwing freaks are beyond retarded. :badgrin:

Solutions?

I see. So the Dims didn't just win back the House? The Dims aren't blocking the vote forcing the government shutdown? And just how many more days until the Dims take control of the House now? A week? Since the Dims will control the budget again, I'll be waiting to see the debt start to go down. Funny that the closer we get to Democrats running things again the worse the Dow Jones tanks.

Solutions?

I see. So the Dims didn't just win back the House? The Dims aren't blocking the vote forcing the government shutdown? And just how many more days until the Dims take control of the House now? A week? Since the Dims will control the budget again, I'll be waiting to see the debt start to go down. Funny that the closer we get to Democrats running things again the worse the Dow Jones tanks.
WTF is wrong with you?? How the fuck do you go from insanely asserting, Democrats now run the Congress ... to ... didn't Democrats just win the House?

You're fucking nuts. :cuckoo: i.e., a typical conservative.

Oh, and the stock market tanked shortly after Trump's tax cuts went into effect. Using your twisted logic, his tax cuts must have been the cause.

But even worse for your lunacy ... aside from the fact that this latest slide in the market actually began about a month before the election, since controlling the House gives Democrats zero power to pass any agenda, your moronic claim is that conservatives are stupid enough to bail on the stock market over a political party taking control of one chamber of Congress months away (the slide began in October, 3 months before Democrats actually run the House) where they will not get anything passed unless it's approved by the Republican-led Senate and Republican party.

Don't you ever feel stupid for posting such idiotic nonsense??

The market is adjusting to the new interest rates and then people panic like a herd of cattle from thunder.

It is a buying opportunity folks as the underlying economy is still sound.

The market is adjusting to the new interest rates and then people panic like a herd of cattle from thunder.

The market isn’t “adjusting to new interest rates”, it’s reacting to an out of control President starting tariff wars, cancelling treaties and trade deals, and abandoning joint defence alliances in favour of chaos and megalomania.

It’s responding to cancelled and closing manufacturing facilities, and a President who has no coherent or fathomable plan for the economy or foreign policy.

Markets need stability and certainty. Trump offers none of that, and the underlying economy is not sound. It’s based on deficit spending, and a tax code heavily skewed to the top10%

The market isn’t “adjusting to new interest rates”, it’s reacting to an out of control President starting tariff wars, cancelling treaties and trade deals, and abandoning joint defence alliances in favour of chaos and megalomania.

It’s responding to cancelled and closing manufacturing facilities, and a President who has no coherent or fathomable plan for the economy or foreign policy.

Markets need stability and certainty. Trump offers none of that, and the underlying economy is not sound. It’s based on deficit spending, and a tax code heavily skewed to the top10%
Anything the damages the federal government is good for the country... fact

Forum List

Back