DOW is tanking: but....

Obama2020

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2018
I've got this nasty feeling Trump might have something here to finally tame China.

Sounds weird coming from me but... this guy has extreme experience managing bankruptcy. Just a weird hunch. There's a damn bug in the machine and if there's someone that can catch it... Trump probably got a finger on it.

I've got this nasty feeling Trump might have something here to finally tame China.

Sounds weird coming from me but... this guy has extreme experience managing bankruptcy. Just a weird hunch. There's a damn bug in the machine and if there's someone that can catch it... Trump probably got a finger on it.

just one problem,,,
the USA is a country not a company and the bankruptcy laws dont apply,,,

If only it were true. Trump has repeatedly proven himself to be embarrassingly ignorant on trade issues.

having multiple bankruptcies may be a sign of experience handling bankruptcies, but also a sign of being stupid. Why didn't he use that experience to avoid being bankrupt more than once?

Fucking Obama's economy

West coast ports going into default will hurt China as badly as a national bankruptcy. Reduced shipments to the US from China and higher port fees will hurt China bunches.

Leave it to bed wetters to celebrate bad economic news.

What is it with these parasites and spreading poverty?

Can you imagine being such a repugnant piece of shit that prosperity makes you angry and lowering the standard of living for other people is your goal in life?

obama ain't happening in 2020 or ever.

Fucking Obama's economy

What gets me is that any other time the Left HATE the rich. Now that the DOW is tanking and the rich are losing money, you'd think they'd be HAPPY and would be thanking Trump! :eusa_wall:

West coast ports going into default will hurt China as badly as a national bankruptcy. Reduced shipments to the US from China and higher port fees will hurt China bunches.
There are lots of ways to hurt China but there are also lots of ways to hurt America. Can Trump get a more equitable trade deal out of all this pain? I seriously don't think so. He is looking for something like a public capitulation from China where he can have a victory to crow about. Not in a million years.

Fucking Obama's economy

What gets me is that any other time the Left HATE the rich. Now that the DOW is tanking and the rich are losing money, you'd think they'd be HAPPY and would be thanking Trump! :eusa_wall:
There is a debate whether prosperity trickles down but no one doubts for a second that big business losses travel immediately down the income ladder and costs jobs.

If only it were true. Trump has repeatedly proven himself to be embarrassingly ignorant on trade issues.

Really, it appears he is hurting China a lot over it:

China Allows Currency to Drop – President Trump Responds – Devaluation Lowers Consumer Import Prices…
Posted on August 5, 2019 by sundance
China needs to buy dollars to backstop their own currency (¥uan). When China trades with the U.S. they hold the return dollars as a peg against their weak currency. Remove the flow of dollars (lessen exports) and they start to run out of strong pegged currency.

What is happening today is not as much direct devaluation by China; rather they are intentionally allowing their currency to drop in value, in an effort to lower export prices and off-set any tariffs from the U.S. Simultaneously, Beijing is spending internally, burning cash, to keep their economy from weakening. Their Yuan burn rate is greater than the influx of higher valued dollars needed to hold their position.

They cannot keep this position indefinitely.

First, here’s a solid interview with former CEO Gerald Storch on how the currency devaluation leads to lower prices for U.S. consumers. Again, emphasizing the point that U.S. consumers are not paying for the tariffs against China. Watch:"

Really, it appears he is hurting China a lot over it:

China Allows Currency to Drop – President Trump Responds – Devaluation Lowers Consumer Import Prices…
Posted on August 5, 2019 by sundance
China needs to buy dollars to backstop their own currency (¥uan). When China trades with the U.S. they hold the return dollars as a peg against their weak currency. Remove the flow of dollars (lessen exports) and they start to run out of strong pegged currency.

What is happening today is not as much direct devaluation by China; rather they are intentionally allowing their currency to drop in value, in an effort to lower export prices and off-set any tariffs from the U.S. Simultaneously, Beijing is spending internally, burning cash, to keep their economy from weakening. Their Yuan burn rate is greater than the influx of higher valued dollars needed to hold their position.

They cannot keep this position indefinitely.

First, here’s a solid interview with former CEO Gerald Storch on how the currency devaluation leads to lower prices for U.S. consumers. Again, emphasizing the point that U.S. consumers are not paying for the tariffs against China. Watch:"
Trump has no endgame to all this nonsense. Any dummy can do things to hurt China but it remains to be seen if Trump can make this all worth it. The markets don't seem to think so.

/----/ OH, and all the Wizards of Smarts on the Left let Chian rape us for decades.
You can shove that bullshit. Remember so-called "free trade"? The only calls to enact protectionist measures only ever came from the far left while all the republicans and half the democrats spit on the very idea of protecting American Jobs. Now here we are having the trade war we should have had 25-30 years ago while we still had leverage against China.

Forum List

Back