Down goes DOMA!!

I think there should be a function in place where, if you don't agree with something, you shouldn't have to pay taxes towards it. Though I support the right of homosexuals to marry, I shouldn't have to pay taxes for any expenses involving it. People shouldn't have to have pay money for things they don't agree with. This goes for both conservatives and liberals.

That you don't agree is immaterial.

you said that marriage is a civil right. I want you to show me where any US document defines marriage as a civil right under law. remember courts cannot make law, only interpret it.

Wow. You are asking for enumerated rights before you recognize them!

Are you not from America?

snarky claimed that marriage was a civil right, he is wrong, thats all this is about.

I think there should be a function in place where, if you don't agree with something, you shouldn't have to pay taxes towards it. Though I support the right of homosexuals to marry, I shouldn't have to pay taxes for any expenses involving it. People shouldn't have to have pay money for things they don't agree with. This goes for both conservatives and liberals.

Very bad idea. You didn't think it through.

it's about sexual attraction and no you have not yet proven gay "sex' has produced anything but a stain on a sheet.

why is it that someone that disagrees with you is hateful?

why isn't it the other way around?

Go ahead, munch all the carpet you want, just don't expect everyone to believe your justifications that it's "normal"

It's not

This is not about "normal". Bigots get really fixated on "normal".

Do you not understand what "equality" means? Look it up. You won't find "normal" anywhere in the definition.

It's amazing how ignorant of simple American legal and Constitutional principles some people are.

biology proves your point indefensible, but go ahead and pretend

Um...squeeze barry? This is about the LAW, not a biology class. Okay?

btw, homos are and have always been equal

Tell that to the gay spouses of federal employees.

Man, you have absolutely no clue what effect DOMA had, do you.

the founders were religious kooks??? got any proof of that? the phrase "under God" was added in the 1950s I think, specifically which religious kooks forced congres to make that change?

This country is based on judeo christian principles, if that offends you, leave.

It was 52 or 56 I believe, when "under god" was added to the pledge. We were "red scaring" at the time.

so, you think that "under God" was added because we were paranoid about communists at the time? Hmmmmmmmmmm:confused:

possibly too much SCOTUS celebrating has confused you, wytchey.:eusa_whistle:

I don't "think" it, it's common knowledge.

In 1923, the words, "the Flag of the United States of America" were added. At this time it read:

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

In 1954, in response to the Communist threat of the times, President Eisenhower encouraged Congress to add the words "under God," creating the 31-word pledge we say today. Bellamy's daughter objected to this alteration. Today it reads:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

http://www.ushistory.org/documents/pledge.htm

Apparently the devastating loss has confused you, Fishy.

"marriage" is a civil right as recognized by Loving and other decisions.

That you disagree means nothing at all.

care to cite the language in the constitution that makes it such?

care to cite the language in the Constitution that makes car ownership a right? That makes procreation a right?

its not there, neither is the right breathe or fart. thats my point, sorry it was beyond your comprehension level. :eusa_whistle:

It's time to get a bulldozer and pipe in a back door to the treasury from here. They've already torn the American voting people away from their notice. They just don't care about the rest of us sitting here paying taxes for fiascos they rule into this country that were offenses to the founders and the majority of the American people today:

DomeViewSupremeCourtBuilding.jpg

Single people and gay people have been paying for the cash and prizes the government gives to straight married people for a long time.

Funny how you are all indignant-like now. Now that gays want the same treatment. My, aren't you special!

It was 52 or 56 I believe, when "under god" was added to the pledge. We were "red scaring" at the time.

so, you think that "under God" was added because we were paranoid about communists at the time? Hmmmmmmmmmm:confused:

possibly too much SCOTUS celebrating has confused you, wytchey.:eusa_whistle:

I don't "think" it, it's common knowledge.

In 1923, the words, "the Flag of the United States of America" were added. At this time it read:

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

In 1954, in response to the Communist threat of the times, President Eisenhower encouraged Congress to add the words "under God," creating the 31-word pledge we say today. Bellamy's daughter objected to this alteration. Today it reads:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The Pledge of Allegiance

Apparently the devastating loss has confused you, Fishy.

LOL, you timelines are correct. the reason for the change is wrong.

It's time to get a bulldozer and pipe in a back door to the treasury from here. They've already torn the American voting people away from their notice. They just don't care about the rest of us sitting here paying taxes for fiascos they rule into this country that were offenses to the founders and the majority of the American people today:

Gay people have been paying into Social Security all their lives, just like you and me.

And yet they have not been allowed to collect their FULL benefits like you and I can.

You have a lot of nerve bitching about them now being allowed the SAME YOU HAVE BEEN GETTING.

You see? The Muslims the faux right hates so much have more in common with you than you think!

which religions condone gay marriage? catholics? no. protestants? no. Hindus" no. shinto? no. buddist? no. islam? no. Jewish? no. do you think these religions object to homosexuality just to be mean to gays? or to politically incorrect?

Episcopal Church, yes.

Presbyterian Church (USA), yes.

United Church in Christ, yes.

Reconstructionist Jews, yes.

Reform Jews, yes.

Conservative Jews, yes.

Only Orthodox Jews are opposed to same sex marriage.

And there are LGBT-friendly mosques throughout the country.

And more than half of all white Catholics and Protestants polled are okay with gay marriage.

Keep working hard on that confirmation bias which believes all religions oppose gay marriage!

The religions don't accept gay marriage, but these individual sects do. It doesn't change the religion, just interpretation by the religion of an individual sect.

Single people and gay people have been paying for the cash and prizes the government gives to straight married people for a long time.

Funny how you are all indignant-like now. Now that gays want the same treatment. My, aren't you special!

so then single people get special rights for being single now?
goody, can't wait

You have a lot of nerve bitching about them now being allowed the SAME YOU HAVE BEEN GETTING.

I don't think you should talk about things you don't know, g5000. Making assumptions rarely if ever works out in terms of credibility. Just a friendly reminder. :razz::tongue:

If homosexuals don't agree with paying taxes towards those things you've mentioned, and they're tax-paying citizens, then they too ought to be given the right to opt ought of paying for those causes.

Last edited:
which religions condone gay marriage? catholics? no. protestants? no. Hindus" no. shinto? no. buddist? no. islam? no. Jewish? no. do you think these religions object to homosexuality just to be mean to gays? or to politically incorrect?

Episcopal Church, yes.

Reform Jews, yes.

Conservative Jews, yes.

And more than half of all white Catholics and Protestants polled are okay with gay marriage.

Keep working hard on that confirmation bias which believes all religions oppose gay marriage!

The religions don't accept gay marriage, but these individual sects do. It doesn't change the religion, just interpretation by the religion of an individual sect.

Oh, look at you! Deciding the Episcopal Church is not a religion.

You are EXACTLY why we have a First Amendment.

Man, you bigots are tripping all over yourselves and the Constitution today! All for nothing more than hate's sake.

You see? The Muslims the faux right hates so much have more in common with you than you think!

Episcopal Church, yes.

Reform Jews, yes.

Conservative Jews, yes.

The religions don't accept same sex marriage, individual sects do, but that doesn't change the religion.

I don't think you should talk about things you don't know, g5000. Making assumptions rarely if ever works out in terms of credibility. Just a friendly reminder. :razz::tongue:

If homosexuals don't agree with paying taxes towards those things you've mentioned, and they're tax-paying citizens, then they too ought to be given the right to opt ought of paying for those causes.

I know plenty about this subject. This is a ridiculous scheme just to avoid accepting gays as equals.

Forum List

Back