Down goes DOMA!!

All of this and they still get fighting mad when you say that Al Gore jr, Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama are all Gay.

I just don't understand these folks.

Let them get married and go thru a few bad divorces and see how enthusiastic they are about it.

Oh yes, I'm sure divorce will make us wish we had never fought for equal rights...

you gay?

that explains a lot

link for not collecting full benefits

Here is just one, personal, example. I am legally married in the state of CA. The healthcare costs for me and the kids are taken from pre-tax dollars, but not for my legal spouse...because of DOMA. That's just one of many...I'm also a retiree whose legal spouse could not be my legal dependent...until now.

sorry, I don't follow

you changed teams?

Just like Anne Heche........

Sorry...couldn't resist

All of this and they still get fighting mad when you say that Al Gore jr, Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama are all Gay.

Let them get married and go thru a few bad divorces and see how enthusiastic they are about it.

Oh yes, I'm sure divorce will make us wish we had never fought for equal rights...

Bad divorces are one of the top reasons so many turn Gay in the first place.

you gay?

that explains a lot

What exactly does it explain?

Bad divorces are one of the top reasons so many turn Gay in the first place.

What? :eusa_eh:

link for not collecting full benefits

Here is just one, personal, example. I am legally married in the state of CA. The healthcare costs for me and the kids are taken from pre-tax dollars, but not for my legal spouse...because of DOMA. That's just one of many...I'm also a retiree whose legal spouse could not be my legal dependent...until now.

sorry, I don't follow

you changed teams?

What are you babbling about? What teams?

1. you have equal rights
2. fool

1. you have equal rights
2. fool

1. we're getting closer as of today.

2. namecalling?

1. you have equal rights
2. fool

1. We almost do thanks to today's ruling.

2. Did I call you a name?

The only arguments I have heard in this thread have to do with procreation and religion.
No where is marriage limited to Christian people, or people who plan on procreating. And no where does it state that in the constitution.

It used to be called holy matrimony.

Now it's just a legal contract required by the State. Sort of like buying a car or a house.

Last edited:
apparently the last bastion of independent strong non-helplessness is straight white males

Whodathunk?????????

Funny....got a call from an old friend of mine last week. Retired Sergeant Major. His kid just turned down an appointment to the Naval Academy. I asked him why the hell would he do that? His Dad tells me that he went for a visit and after reading the list of "Do's and Don'ts" concerning other Midshipmen, he decided he couldn't go there.

Apparently, if you see gays engaging in open displays of affection, you are allowed to say nothing.

If you see a male and female Midshipmen engaging in open acts of affection and DO NOT report it, it is an honors violation and you are subject to immediate expulsion.

Welcome to our new, improved Military. God, I'm glad I retired when I did. They would have most assuredly Court-Martialed my black ass......

Last edited:
The arguments and posts presented here against gay marriage are so moronic.
I have to believe they are being posted by those who support gay marriage and are just trying to make their opposition look stupid.

And it's working.

The only arguments I have heard in this thread have to do with procreation and religion.
No where is marriage limited to Christian people, or people who plan on procreating. And no where does it state that in the constitution.

Now it's just a legal contract required by the State. Sort of like buying a car or a house.

It's been (and still is) both for decades, centuries even.

Yeah, or losing a car or a house - in the divorce

apparently the last bastion of independent strong non-helplessness is straight white males

Whodathunk?????????

Funny....got a call from an old friend of mine last evening. Retired Sergeant Major. His kid just turned down an appointment to the Naval Academy. I asked him why the hell would he do that? His Dad tells me that he went for a visit and after reading the list of "Do's and Don'ts" concerning other Midshipmen, he decided he couldn't go there.

Apparently, if you see gays engaging in open displays of affection, you are allowed to say nothing.

If you see a male and female Midshipmen engaging in open acts of affection and DO NOT report it, it is an honors violation and you are subject to immediate expulsion.

Welcome to our new, improved Military. God, I'm glad I retired when I did. They would have most assuredly Court-Martialed my black ass......

I call bullshit!

Now it's just a legal contract required by the State.

the history of marriage was always a contractual relationship for the benefit of the female spouse.

I will refer to marriage contracts in colonial America as an example

it was always about the protection of the wife

of course now, the term wife is under scrutiny :eusa_shhh:

Whodathunk?????????

Funny....got a call from an old friend of mine last evening. Retired Sergeant Major. His kid just turned down an appointment to the Naval Academy. I asked him why the hell would he do that? His Dad tells me that he went for a visit and after reading the list of "Do's and Don'ts" concerning other Midshipmen, he decided he couldn't go there.

I call bullshit!

Call it whatever the hell you want. It's the truth.

Forum List

Back