Down goes DOMA!!

Funny....got a call from an old friend of mine last evening. Retired Sergeant Major. His kid just turned down an appointment to the Naval Academy. I asked him why the hell would he do that? His Dad tells me that he went for a visit and after reading the list of "Do's and Don'ts" concerning other Midshipmen, he decided he couldn't go there.

Apparently, if you see gays engaging in open displays of affection, you are allowed to say nothing.

If you see a male and female Midshipmen engaging in open acts of affection and DO NOT report it, it is an honors violation and you are subject to immediate expulsion.

Welcome to our new, improved Military. God, I'm glad I retired when I did. They would have most assuredly Court-Martialed my black ass......

I call bullshit!

Call it whatever the hell you want. It's the truth.

No it isn't. Same sex mid shipment are no more allowed PDAs than opposite sex midshipmen.

The only arguments I have heard in this thread have to do with procreation and religion.
No where is marriage limited to Christian people, or people who plan on procreating. And no where does it state that in the constitution.

It used to be called holy matrimony.

Now it's just a legal contract required by the State.

the history of marriage was always a contractual relationship for the benefit of the female spouse.

I will refer to marriage contracts in colonial America as an example

it was always about the protection of the wife

of course now, the term wife is under scrutiny :eusa_shhh:

Wrong. Legal marriage has always been about property.

The only arguments I have heard in this thread have to do with procreation and religion.
No where is marriage limited to Christian people, or people who plan on procreating. And no where does it state that in the constitution.

Now it's just a legal contract required by the State. Sort of like buying a car or a house.
It's been (and still is) both for decades, centuries even.
But I can buy more than one house.

Only one wife.

We need a new law.

the history of marriage was always a contractual relationship for the benefit of the female spouse.

umm that's kinda the point mas estupido

And you are against equal protection?

umm that's kinda the point mas estupido

It wasn't to "protect the wife" as you claim, twatstick.

I'm not sure why the name calling is necessary, but when in Rome...

Would it have come to this if obama and holder had protected the nation's laws?

No. This is just another part of obama's destruction.

No it isn't. Same sex mid shipment are no more allowed PDAs than opposite sex midshipmen.

I knew it was crap when I read it the first time. Good catch!

Oh really?

?The Gouge? for Lesbian & Gay Midshipmen | USNA Out

Yes, the USNA won't treat you any differently.....uh-huh.....

And it begins.

How does your link prove your statement?
You do realize what the site was that you posted, right?

apparently the last bastion of independent strong non-helplessness is straight white males

Whodathunk?????????

Funny....got a call from an old friend of mine last evening. Retired Sergeant Major. His kid just turned down an appointment to the Naval Academy. I asked him why the hell would he do that? His Dad tells me that he went for a visit and after reading the list of "Do's and Don'ts" concerning other Midshipmen, he decided he couldn't go there.

Apparently, if you see gays engaging in open displays of affection, you are allowed to say nothing.

If you see a male and female Midshipmen engaging in open acts of affection and DO NOT report it, it is an honors violation and you are subject to immediate expulsion.

Welcome to our new, improved Military. God, I'm glad I retired when I did. They would have most assuredly Court-Martialed my black ass......

I call bullshit!

Me too. I really doubt Randall was ever more than a hourly wage worker...

Isn't it strange how all of these guys who are supposedly in their 50-70's have Family Guy avatars, know how to cut and paste photographs, use phrases like "pwned"....

My supervisor has trouble selecting a network printer from a list--our printers are named things like "Atrium Printer Rm 2016". He can't figure it out...he's in his late 40's. I really doubt many have done the things they claim. This guy especially.

Would it have come to this if obama and holder had protected the nation's laws?

No. This is just another part of obama's destruction.

Now what are you railing about? The GOP defended DOMA (to the tune of 5 million dollars) and lost. You'll get over it.

Have they ever gotten over anything? They still hold Lincoln responsible for the slide we're supposedly on. We're on excuse 57 on why Romney lost 6 months ago.

And you are against equal protection?

no, but I have read numerous marriage contracts, wills etc from colonial NE

got anything else?

marriage was a female protection

Forum List

Back