Down Syndrome Woman competes in Miss USA beauty pagent

Of course she's not beautiful. She's beautiful for someone with Down's Syndrome and received sympathy awards the same way the tranny will always, always, win Prom Queen.

However, it is a big slap upside the head to those who want to kill Down's Syndrome children and for that, it's perfect.

Beauty is skin deep, someone can be beautiful on the inside. Most Downs are.

Down's are great. I've worked with Down's kids.

But interior beauty is not the criteria of these contests. As with any awards program, sympathy applied outside of the contest criteria cheats someone.

Well yeah inner beauty and talent is. Typical male thinking

Mea culpa, being quite typical in that department. :laugh:

The op also included girls in wheel chairs, one of our adopted daughters is in a chair, is she a lesser person due to it? She should be exculded from certain events because of it?

Hmmm?

It's good to be nice to people, it's not good to lie to people.

she never had a chance of winning, so the other contestants that could have gotten those awards get nothing for a life time of work b/c 'fairness'.
Yes. This almost comes across as mocking her.

Of course she's not beautiful. She's beautiful for someone with Down's Syndrome and received sympathy awards the same way the tranny will always, always, win Prom Queen.

However, it is a big slap upside the head to those who want to kill Down's Syndrome children and for that, it's perfect.

But interior beauty is not the criteria of these contests. As with any awards program, sympathy applied outside of the contest criteria cheats someone.

The op also included girls in wheel chairs, one of our adopted daughters is in a chair, is she a lesser person due to it? She should be exculded from certain events because of it?

Hmmm?
Yes, she absolutely should be excluded from many events because of it. Your adopted daughter will never be an olympic pole vaulter. We might give her a medal for pole vaulting just cause, just cause that's what we do for the inadequate.

Hmmm?
Yes, she absolutely should be excluded from many events because of it. Your adopted daughter will never be an olympic pole vaulter. We might give her a medal for pole vaulting just cause, just cause that's what we do for the inadequate.

Sit down. She already competes, she chair races, she debates at HS level and she confronts her disability head on. A pagent is not something she should be excluded from if she desired too....the same goes for this girl with Downs. Does our daughter have limitations? Yes...a huge one is small minded people such as yourself.

The criteria
Competition Rules
The winner of the competition must be confident. She must understand the values of our brand and the responsibilities of the title. She must have the ability to articulate her ambition. A contestant should demonstrate authenticity, credibility and exhibit grace under pressure. The women who compete embody the modern, global aspiration for the potential within all women.

Each competition begins with preliminary interviews that include a swimsuit or athletic wear and evening gown presentation show. These preliminary events are especially important as it will be the first time the judges and fans really get to know the contestants. The preliminary competition is the driving force in selecting the Semifinalists.

The live show and final competition kicks off with an announcement of the Semifinalists. Each of these contestants will walk the runway during the swimsuit or athletic wear segment displaying her dedication to a healthy lifestyle.

The semifinalists move on to the second stage of the competition during the evening gown segment. The judges and fans will see the contestants’ personal style as they walk the stage in their evening gown of choice. However, the exact design of the gown does not count towards the total score and instead the judges focus on how confidently each woman presents herself.

Another quote "
Who We Are
The Miss Universe Organization empowers women to develop the confidence they need to achieve their personal best. A confident woman has the power to make real change, starting in her local community with the potential to reach a global audience. We encourage every woman to get out of her comfort zone, be herself, and continue to define what it means to be Confidently Beautiful."

Miss USA About

Yeah, but here's the thing. They're looking for all that in a woman who's drop-dead gorgeous.

Wtf is wrong with you people? She's beautiful and talented.

Good grief
you didn't go into the link, but if you did, you're lying.

I went, small minded people will insult this young woman. Very small minded people.
Nobody's insulting her. She can't help it if she's not Kate Upton. If somebody said I shouldn't compete in the Mr Universe contest, should I be offended?

There are insults to her in this thread. Fail

It's called the Miss USA beauty pageant, an organized event to show the epitome of female beauty.

Anything outside of that parameter is just a side show distraction and doesn't belong. ..... :cool:

The criteria
Competition Rules
The winner of the competition must be confident. She must understand the values of our brand and the responsibilities of the title. She must have the ability to articulate her ambition. A contestant should demonstrate authenticity, credibility and exhibit grace under pressure. The women who compete embody the modern, global aspiration for the potential within all women.

Each competition begins with preliminary interviews that include a swimsuit or athletic wear and evening gown presentation show. These preliminary events are especially important as it will be the first time the judges and fans really get to know the contestants. The preliminary competition is the driving force in selecting the Semifinalists.

The live show and final competition kicks off with an announcement of the Semifinalists. Each of these contestants will walk the runway during the swimsuit or athletic wear segment displaying her dedication to a healthy lifestyle.

The semifinalists move on to the second stage of the competition during the evening gown segment. The judges and fans will see the contestants’ personal style as they walk the stage in their evening gown of choice. However, the exact design of the gown does not count towards the total score and instead the judges focus on how confidently each woman presents herself.

Another quote "
Who We Are
The Miss Universe Organization empowers women to develop the confidence they need to achieve their personal best. A confident woman has the power to make real change, starting in her local community with the potential to reach a global audience. We encourage every woman to get out of her comfort zone, be herself, and continue to define what it means to be Confidently Beautiful."

Miss USA About

Yeah, but here's the thing. They're looking for all that in a woman who's drop-dead gorgeous.

Wrong, it doesn't say that.

mikayla-holmgren.jpg
Everybody gets a trophy. Everybody's special.

Hmmm?

I'm afraid I am not a fan of inclusivity in all things. For example, Danny DeVito should be excluded from the Mr. Universe contest.

The criteria
Competition Rules

Another quote "
Who We Are

Miss USA About

I don't know if it does or not, but that's what they're looking for. Don't be dense.

Hmmm?

I'm afraid I am not a fan of inclusivity in all things. For example, Danny DiVito should be excluded from the Mr. Universe contest.

Anyone should be allowed to try.

Ya know....that freedom thingy.

For better or worse we have a basically agreed upon standard for physical beauty. Downs Syndrome does not fit that physical standard. Sunni Man is right they need a Special beauty contest just like there are Challenger Little Leagues and Special Olympics.

The criteria
Competition Rules

Another quote "
Who We Are

Miss USA About

I don't know if it does or not, but that's what they're looking for. Don't be dense.

It doesn't say that. I posted what they are looking for. They are just aligning truer to what they say now instead of catering to something else.

Hmmm?

I'm afraid I am not a fan of inclusivity in all things. For example, Danny DiVito should be excluded from the Mr. Universe contest.

There is also freedom to exclude.

The criteria
Competition Rules

Another quote "
Who We Are

Miss USA About

It doesn't say that. I posted what they are looking for. They are just aligning truer to what they say now instead of catering to something else.

Yah, okay.

Hmmm?

There is also freedom to exclude.

You're sorta starting to flounder

Forum List

Back