Down Syndrome Woman competes in Miss USA beauty pagent

As a disabled person this offends me that so many people hate disabled people.

I think she should be allowed to compete! doesn't mean that she will win and she shouldn't if it isn't fair and square.

Next we'll have Elizabeth Warren and other dems pretending to have Down's in order to get preferential treatment.

Plus, being handicapped, she’s the one of the “dregs of society.”

Of course she's not beautiful. She's beautiful for someone with Down's Syndrome and received sympathy awards the same way the tranny will always, always, win Prom Queen.

However, it is a big slap upside the head to those who want to kill Down's Syndrome children and for that, it's perfect.

Beauty is skin deep, someone can be beautiful on the inside. Most Downs are.

Of course she's not beautiful. She's beautiful for someone with Down's Syndrome and received sympathy awards the same way the tranny will always, always, win Prom Queen.

However, it is a big slap upside the head to those who want to kill Down's Syndrome children and for that, it's perfect.

beauty pageants don't measure past the skin.

"Still sporting her tiara atop perfectly coiffed blonde curls, Mikayla Holmgren couldn't stop smiling as she recalled what it was like to not only compete in but receive two awards at the Miss Minnesota USA pageant."

This Woman Just Became The First Person With Down Syndrome To Compete In A Miss USA State Pageant

So what's next?

Amputees, burn victims, and contestants in wheelchairs?? .... :dunno:

It's a freakin beauty pageant,...... not a handicap charity event.

Time to knock off the crazy PC nonsense. ...... :cool:

She looks cute.

Miss%20Amazing.jpg

I won't disagree with you. Inside beauty isn't what wins beauty contests. The kindest heart isn't awarded first across the finish line at a 10K, just cause they are so nice. Neither should beauty contests be awarded on anything other than physical beauty.

Wtf is wrong with you people? She's beautiful and talented.

Good grief
you didn't go into the link, but if you did, you're lying.

I went, small minded people will insult this young woman. Very small minded people.
so you lied

why?

Listen up drip, what I think doesnt make me a liar. Sit down. Shut up and back off. Now
uhm, yea it does.

you're a fucking liar, claiming that you 'think' she's pretty is just denial.

I said beautiful unlike you I am capable of seeing inner beauty. Now sit down thumbs and one more we'll let the mods in on it.

Down's are great. I've worked with Down's kids.

But interior beauty is not the criteria of these contests. As with any awards program, sympathy applied outside of the contest criteria cheats someone.

"Ma'am. Ma'am! Please stop chewing on the tiara."

why be an ass?

We've been posting on the same message board together for years. You're just now asking why I'm an ass?
it's his latest sock, he forgets what the other sock knew.

tragic multiple personality disorder.

Nah. Matthew has always been Matthew. All he changed was his username. And his gender. And sexuality. And I guess he's not one of the board racists anymore. Okay. I'm confused.

But interior beauty is not the criteria of these contests. As with any awards program, sympathy applied outside of the contest criteria cheats someone.

Well yeah inner beauty and talent is. Typical male thinking

I went, small minded people will insult this young woman. Very small minded people.
I wasn't trying to demean or insult the girl.

But when you think about it.

Having her compete isn't fair to her or the other contestants.

And makes the event like a freak show at the circus. ...... :cool:

Well yeah inner beauty and talent is. Typical male thinking

Mea culpa, being quite typical in that department. :laugh:

The criteria
Competition Rules
The winner of the competition must be confident. She must understand the values of our brand and the responsibilities of the title. She must have the ability to articulate her ambition. A contestant should demonstrate authenticity, credibility and exhibit grace under pressure. The women who compete embody the modern, global aspiration for the potential within all women.

Each competition begins with preliminary interviews that include a swimsuit or athletic wear and evening gown presentation show. These preliminary events are especially important as it will be the first time the judges and fans really get to know the contestants. The preliminary competition is the driving force in selecting the Semifinalists.

The live show and final competition kicks off with an announcement of the Semifinalists. Each of these contestants will walk the runway during the swimsuit or athletic wear segment displaying her dedication to a healthy lifestyle.

The semifinalists move on to the second stage of the competition during the evening gown segment. The judges and fans will see the contestants’ personal style as they walk the stage in their evening gown of choice. However, the exact design of the gown does not count towards the total score and instead the judges focus on how confidently each woman presents herself.

Another quote "
Who We Are
The Miss Universe Organization empowers women to develop the confidence they need to achieve their personal best. A confident woman has the power to make real change, starting in her local community with the potential to reach a global audience. We encourage every woman to get out of her comfort zone, be herself, and continue to define what it means to be Confidently Beautiful."

https://www.missuniverse.com/missusa/about

Forum List

Back