🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Downtown Seattle is Full of Trash and People Openly Using Drugs

You would be wrong. A big part of what I do is working with addicts and the homeless. They have a plethora of programs, both public and private, and referral services available to them but most refuse to opt in.

In those cases where a person represents a serious and imminent danger to themselves or others, the can be taken to hospital involuntarily for assessment. More often than not, that person is released by medical staff before we have completed the paperwork and got back to our car.

There is a large percentage of the homeless population, most in fact, who simply refuse to take advantage of the system voluntarily and precious little can be done to force them.

As bad as involuntary incarceration is said to have been ... at least those in treatment were housed, fed, and treated.
And I have volunteered and helped clothe, shelter, and feed the homeless, many if not most of which were mentally ill and or addicts.

In my experience, you would be wrong.

But I do not typically make these anecdotal points, because they are kind of worthless.

This was downtown Seattle yesterday evening. I can't believe what a hole that city has turned into. I used to go up there for work several times a year and it was never like this.

Uggh...I have to go there for a few days this week. Don't remind me.
We are going to stay out of the downtown as much as possible.

My mother's relatives lived there in the hay days of Seattle. Late fifties. early sixties.
And it was such a wonderful city.

I know that entire corridor from Seattle to Vancouver, Wa. seems like such a rat's nest now.
Olympia, Tacoma, Vancouver. No thank you.

Spokane has become suddenly a very hot place to buy a home as apparently all the next best places
have filled up in the Leaving California Diaspora. My city of birth and where I went to college.
I think I prefer Boise now, however.

Many many years ago Seattle was taken over by liberals, and just like Portland, San Francisco, and other lib ran cities, we are witnessing the putrid result.

And vote Democrat 1-3 times each with a 50% “address unknown”.
Yeah identification is so hard.

Not until we recognize mental illness and addiction as diseases that must be treated.

Well most of these cities throw a shit ton of money at the issue, and all we seem to get are bloated "Departments of the Homeless" or something named similar.

The money isn't in solving the problem, it's is just doing enough to justify your position and your pension.

Many many years ago Seattle was taken over by liberals, and just like Portland, San Francisco, and other lib ran cities, we are witnessing the putrid result.
Yeah, and funny how all the conservative-run areas have turned into methville and opiodville. I guess that's just the result of conservative policies, right?

Or maybe it's just that most big cities are run by Democrats, and most rural areas are run by Republicans. But the problems affecting the people are not caused by either of them. Homeless people flock to cities, and rural areas have meth and opioid problems.

Or is that too mature and nuanced for you, professor?

This was downtown Seattle yesterday evening. I can't believe what a hole that city has turned into. I used to go up there for work several times a year and it was never like this.

The sad thing is many of these cities throw tons of money at the problem, with expansive departments targeting the issue, with shitty results.

They measure success in how much money is spent, not how many people are taken out of the situations.

Well most of these cities throw a shit ton of money at the issue, and all we seem to get are bloated "Departments of the Homeless" or something named similar.

The money isn't in solving the problem, it's is just doing enough to justify your position and your pension.
Mine, eh? You are one odd little man sometimes.

You are invited to submit your ideas. Lobby for them, even. Speak out about them in public.

Or you can sit there and shit on people trying to help. Much easier to do.

Yeah, and funny how all the conservative-run areas have turned into methville and opiodville. I guess that's just the result of conservative policies, right?

Or maybe it's just that most big cities are run by Democrats, and most rural areas are run by Republicans. But the problems affecting the people are not caused by either of them. Homeless people flock to cities, and rural areas have meth and opioid problems.

Or is that too mature and nuanced for you, professor?

They flock to cities because fucking morons like you continue to enable their behavior.

They flock to cities because fucking morons like you continue to enable their behavior.
Or, because there are more places to crash in the city, and places to get drugs, and because lack of transportation means they have to be near places to get food and water to survive.

Sorry numbskull, I think this is all way over your head,.

You would be wrong. A big part of what I do is working with addicts and the homeless. They have a plethora of programs, both public and private, and referral services available to them but most refuse to opt in.

In those cases where a person represents a serious and imminent danger to themselves or others, the can be taken to hospital involuntarily for assessment. More often than not, that person is released by medical staff before we have completed the paperwork and got back to our car.

There is a large percentage of the homeless population, most in fact, who simply refuse to take advantage of the system voluntarily and precious little can be done to force them.

As bad as involuntary incarceration is said to have been ... at least those in treatment were housed, fed, and treated.
Very correct
Drugs and alcohol tell you that you are doing OK and don’t want Nobody to bug me( help me actually).
Very few can return to a non addicted life.
if ever there is a case for forcing people to do something against their will for “their own good” then this would be one.

Mine, eh? You are one odd little man sometimes.

You are invited to submit your ideas. Lobby for them, even. Speak out about them in public.

Or you can sit there and shit on people trying to help. Much easier to do.

Was referencing the "department of the homeless" people, but you get my drift.

They aren't helping, they are just subsidizing the behavior that is happening. if you just let people live on the streets and do drugs and take care of them at a bare minimum, you will get more people doing it, because there is no penalty or repercussion. Well besides being killed by one of their own.

The only real "help" would be to adjudicate those unwilling to stick in programs or get clean or take their meds and send them to basically camps outside the cities, and keep them there until they get clean, or are cured of whatever nuttiness they have if possible.

But no one wants to admit that's what has to be done.

Or, because there are more places to crash in the city, and places to get drugs, and because lack of transportation means they have to be near places to get food and water to survive.

Paying for a given behavior entices more of said behavior.

Not until we recognize mental illness and addiction as diseases that must be treated.
That means these people have to be committed somewhere where they can recover. We had institutions for these problems. You dumbass progressives shut them down.

No it's not, I wouldn't make things worse by legalizing and enabling their drug use.
I know you have that liberal brain problem where you cannot hold people responsible for the bad choices they make.

Forum List

Back