Dr. Ben Carson's mother married at 13 and suffered from clinical depression

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Surgeon's hero beat illness

"The neurosurgeon, who has used his life story to inspire others to overcome adversity, talked about his mother's battle with mental illness to illustrate a few simple points: Depression is an illness of the brain. It can be treated. It should bring no shame. And it isn't necessarily forever.

One of 24 children in a poor family in rural Tennessee, Sonya Carson married at 13 to escape the poverty and chaos of her childhood. Her husband got a job as a factory worker, while she worked as a domestic.

But her husband squandered the family's saving on alcohol and gambling. Then, when young Carson was 8, came the crushing news that his father was a bigamist with a wife and children elsewhere."

Clinical depression often runs in families. As does alcoholism. Though I don't think Dr. Carson drinks, given both his parents had mental illnesses (father's problem-gambling is a mental illness,) it raises the question of whether Dr. Carson inherited these or other problems.

"The neurosurgeon, who has used his life story to inspire others to overcome adversity, talked about his mother's battle with mental illness to illustrate a few simple points: Depression is an illness of the brain. It can be treated. It should bring no shame. And it isn't necessarily forever.

One of 24 children in a poor family in rural Tennessee, Sonya Carson married at 13 to escape the poverty and chaos of her childhood. Her husband got a job as a factory worker, while she worked as a domestic.

But her husband squandered the family's saving on alcohol and gambling. Then, when young Carson was 8, came the crushing news that his father was a bigamist with a wife and children elsewhere."

Clinical depression often runs in families. As does alcoholism. Though I don't think Dr. Carson drinks, given both his parents had mental illnesses (father's problem-gambling is a mental illness,) it raises the question of whether Dr. Carson inherited these or other problems.

Why?

Why?

Want the guy who can launch nuclear weapons to possibly suffer from depression or other mental problems?

Why?

Want the guy who can launch nuclear weapons to possibly suffer from depression or other mental problems?

Why would that be any different than the current occupant of the White House? I would not trust him with scissors, much less nuclear weapons.

Why?

ofag_zpsib1tncmm.jpg

Well we have this--^ fucker now. How could anyone be worse?

You people's smear campaign is reaching FROTHING AT THE MOUTH status.

2nd source confirmation,
SonyaCarson

"Sonya Carson married at 13 years old to Robert Carson,
who was 15 years older than she.

Her life motto served her well while raising her two sons, coping with
anxiety and depression, and trying to make ends meet. Sonya Carson
chose God because "I don't have any friends. I don't have anyone else
to turn to. God, you're going to have to be my friend, my best friend.
And, you're going to have to tell me how to do things and give me
wisdom, because I don't know what to do." (p. 45)

Sources: Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story by Dr. Ben Carson with
Cecil Murphy; Think Big: Unleashing Your Potential for Excellence
by Dr. Ben Carson and Cecil Murphy; and The Big Picture: Getting
Perspective on What's Really Important in Life by Dr. Ben Carson
with Gregg Lewis."

You really want to go there? Let's bring up Obama's family tree. Lol you are desperate.

You really want to go there? Let's bring up Obama's family tree. Lol you are desperate.

Go ahead, I didn't vote for him. Actually lost money betting someone'd take a shot at him. :)

2nd source confirmation,
SonyaCarson

with Gregg Lewis."

Are you suffering from your won delusions? What difference does any of this make?

Using your ridiculous logic, we never should have elected Obama because his mother died of cancer and his father was an alcoholic.

2nd source confirmation,
SonyaCarson

with Gregg Lewis."

Are you suffering from your won delusions? What difference does any of this make?

Using your ridiculous logic, we never should have elected Obama because his mother died of cancer and his father was an alcoholic.

Respond to ridiculous logic a lot? Or is it just to amuse yourself?

Dragging his parents into it?
That's low, even for you.

Its going to be huge if this dope continues as a candidate, which is starting to look less and less likely because it also appears he outright lied in his book about himself.

Crazy can only hide for so long. It is in fact Carsons' crazy leaking the last few weeks that has gotten him to this point.

He will have to drop out at some point. His baggage is more than would fit in a pyramid.

Dragging his parents into it?
That's low, even for you.

Welcome to the NFL rookie.

It's actually completely relevant since some mental illnesses like depression get inherited. Can't have a President or other major power profession occupied with someone suffering a major mental illness.

This thread reeks of irony, desperation and mouth breathing leftard hack dumfuckery.

The commie left smear machine couldn't touch Trump, so move on what appears to be an easier target. What a bunch of shit stains on the ass of humanity.

Why?

Nobody would want a mentally defective person like that, yet Obama is president.

Go ahead, I didn't vote for him. Actually lost money betting someone'd take a shot at him. :)

It's not over yet. There may still be time.

Using a guys mother for political reasons, that is truly an new low.

Forum List

Back