Drone strike kills 12 in Yemen

A drone strike in Yemen killed at least 15 people on Saturday, including 12 suspected al Qaeda militants, three Yemeni Defense Ministry officials told CNN.

The strike hit a pickup truck in the al-Hazemiyah district of al-Bayda province, the officials said. The militants were heading to neighboring Shabwa province, a hotbed for al Qaeda, they said. Three of the people killed were senior members of the group, the officials said.
Documenting death by drone

"The militants were on a coordinating mission and we have had our eyes on them for quite a while now," a senior Defense Ministry official told CNN on condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to talk to media.

The Defense Ministry called the attack a successful airstrike. This strike occurred after the recent emergence of a video showing a large gathering of al Qaeda members in Yemen.

Three civilians who were operating a separate car were also killed

No Americans were killed, so Obama wasn't involved in this strike....

Okay, that was a cheap shot........I'll admit it.

I'm all for 12 dead terrorists........

I doubt that. I have no doubt the usual rw's will be against this just as they're against every other accomplishment of the Obama administration.

The right wants all out war, the more wars, the better. Drones were fine under Bush because he got us into two huge wars. Obama has kept us out of wars, kept civilian deaths to a minimum so, to the right, that's bad.

When Bush was Prez it was one suspect and 11 innocent women and children.

What happened Luddly, you have an epiphany? Or, a Saul to Paul conversion?

Right on cue - pretending that bush was not responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians.

I doubt that. I have no doubt the usual rw's will be against this just as they're against every other accomplishment of the Obama administration.

The right wants all out war, the more wars, the better. Drones were fine under Bush because he got us into two huge wars. Obama has kept us out of wars, kept civilian deaths to a minimum so, to the right, that's bad.

gawd stop whining. and why is this big news we needed to hear about it?
you going to spike their dead heads for Obama to shows he's some sort of hero like you have with Bin Laden? and I'm sure CNN would leave out any CIVILIAN casualties... they can't make their Dear leader look bad and you wouldn't be able to beat your chest how he's kept civilian deaths to a (minimum)...good grief, lets all hail Obama for Luddy so he'll quit whining

Terrorize the terrorists

Silent death from above.....good job

Yemen?

What are terrorists doing in Yemen? What does Obama think he is doing hitting terrorists where they are hiding?

What ever happened to good ole Republican nation building?

Terrorize the terrorists

The footage of them, so cocky, planning to kill more Americans and BLAM.

As usual, some rw's, like those in this thread, side with the terrorists and against their own country.

But, if a Repub got us into another idiotic war, they'd be cheering that. Traitors. Anti-America traitors.

Terrorize the terrorists

As usual, some rw's, like those in this thread, side with the terrorists and against their own country.

But, if a Repub got us into another idiotic war, they'd be cheering that. Traitors. Anti-America traitors.

When it comes down to siding with terrorists or siding with Obama....they will choose the terrorists every time

Terrorize the terrorists

When it comes down to siding with terrorists or siding with Obama....they will choose the terrorists every time

I'll never understand what we're seeing from so many on the right these days. If it harms our country and our people, they're in favor of it.

They pretend to be christians while reviling everything Jesus/god taught. They will support abortion financially while saying they condemn it. They say they "support" vets while voting to let them starve. Same with children and the elderly. Let them die in order to make a very few even richer.

Forum List

Back