Drones - its a method - who cares?

You reactionaries and you lefties have no idea about what you are discussing when it comes to drones.
And what is your particular claim-to-fame and superior-knowledge, concerning Drones, so that we should listen to you on this topic, more than we would any other colleague?

Because you folks are trying to approach it as a legal issue, when, in fact, the drone is merely a piece of technology.

If you wish to discuss the war making powers of the CIC, go ahead, but the technological argument is not going to support your case.

Because you folks are trying to approach it as a legal issue, when, in fact, the drone is merely a piece of technology.

If you wish to discuss the war making powers of the CIC, go ahead, but the technological argument is not going to support your case.
The war-making powers of the CiC are implicitly being discussed as the conversation unfolds pertaining to ways in which Drones are being utilized.

The conversation is not focusing so much upon the technology as the usages of the technology - in ways not relevant to other tools - and this naturally crosses-over into war-making territory, with respect to philosophy, policy, accountability, control, etc.

Actually, it's a pretty good conversation, all things considered.

Do you understand target recognition, acquisition, and delivery? Or recon by fire?

You have little concept of what you are discussing

Did these guys use those terms?

I was correct. Until you know enough to ask the right questions, you only reveal your ignorance.

Didn't like the video?

I don't think the methods have changed much since they performed that fine bit of murderous fire (and then comes the attack on the first responders). Doesn't matter if the pilot is thousands of miles away. Doesn't matter what terms you want to use.

http://livingunderdrones.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Stanford-NYU-LIVING-UNDER-DRONES.pdf

You notice with the Dear Leader the liberal-left all of sudden doesn't care about anything?

Benghazi, Irs targeting American citizens for their politics, snooping on reporters without any reasons, suing state after state, raiding businesses and hauling them before Congress, and the they don't care goes on and on

with Bush they cared about EVERYTHING

Last edited:

I didn't support those type of tactic under Bush and I don't support them under Obama. It doen't matter if it's a Jets, B-52, or a Huey gunship. Blindly targeting groups of men and striking first responders is a very bad thing.

Funny to read rw's saying they care about kids.

LIARS. They want American kids' food stamps and school lunch programs stopped but want us to believe they care about foreign kids? Yeah, right.

Hell, rw's don't even really care about fetuses. If it didn't give them the opportunity to force sharia law on the rest of us while forcing women to give birth unwanted babies, they'd ignore fetuses too.

As for going after bin Laden and al Qaeda, the teepubs couldn't be bothered. They were too busy giving money to the 1% so President Obama did it for them. They wanted to take credit for it but even the gullible rw's know better.

Drones - we will never again fight a ground war. Even gullible rw's know that the tanks the teepubs want are useless and will just be parked next to the hundreds we already have. Even the dumbest rw knows the GObP/teepubs only want to line the pockets of war profiteers with their tax money.

(rw's caring about children. DAMN, that really is very funny.)

If its illegal and/or morally wrong to kill someone - then its illegal and/or morally wrong to kil them. It doesn't matter how they were killed, does it?

On the other hand - if its legal and/or morally right to kill someone - such as legitimate military targets - then why is it wrong to use a method which places U.S. servicemen at a minimal risk?

Seems to me that the same folks who were fine with us setting Baghdad on fire using smart bombs and - at the same time - placing U.S. pilots at risk - are against using unmanned aircraft to conduct more surgical strikes of military targets. Do you guys want U.S. servicemen to die, or do you just hate Obama?

That is the bullshit rationale used to drop bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

If you believe in that concept then , Karma requires that if someone in your apartment building transgresses upon someone else, that they retaliate by blowing up the entire building .

When exactly did America go to war with children in Pakistan?

Or, for that matter, Iraqi kids, Afghani kids ...

How many hundreds of thousands did Bush kill?

Ah the old Clinton "what difference does it make" routine.

How about a drone strike that murdered an innocent American kid?

Yo, where did I say anything like that?

Nope. Didn't.

I simply answered that post. Don't like it?

Tough shit.

As for "innocent", PROVE IT.

You can't and your pretending to care is repugnant.

I will ask the questions I think we all know the answers to do those of you who support the drone strikes now did you support their use when the program was used by President Bush? If these same strikes were being done under the orders off a President McCain or Romney would be supporting them?

I didn't support those type of tactic under Bush and I don't support them under Obama. It doen't matter if it's a Jets, B-52, or a Huey gunship. Blindly targeting groups of men and striking first responders is a very bad thing.

Ok, thank you for cutting away the nonsense (drone as crime) and concentrating on the warmaking power.

Or, for that matter, Iraqi kids, Afghani kids ...

How many hundreds of thousands did Bush kill?

Ah the old Clinton "what difference does it make" routine.

How about a drone strike that murdered an innocent American kid?

Yo, where did I say anything like that?

Nope. Didn't.

I simply answered that post. Don't like it?

Tough shit.

As for "innocent", PROVE IT.

You can't and your pretending to care is repugnant.

Pretending to care? I've been working on human rights and environmental issues all my life. For almost the past two decades ('96) I've worked mainly with women's groups in the ME.

Liberals don't own "caring" about another human being or "caring" about the planet. To think that is the height of unabashed appalling arrogance.

Now to this murdered child.

On the record, Gibbs tells us why this teenager was killed. His reasoning should scare the shit out of any good man or woman who believes in due process.

According to Gibbs, the teenager was killed because his father was a terrorist. His father was a bad parent.

How does Team Obama justify killing him?

The answer Gibbs gave is chilling:

ADAMSON: ...It's an American citizen that is being targeted without due process, without trial. And, he's underage. He's a minor.

GIBBS: I would suggest that you should have a far more responsible father if they are truly concerned about the well being of their children. I don't think becoming an al Qaeda jihadist terrorist is the best way to go about doing your business.

Again, note that this kid wasn't killed in the same drone strike as his father. He was hit by a drone strike elsewhere, and by the time he was killed, his father had already been dead for two weeks.

Gibbs nevertheless defends the strike, not by arguing that the kid was a threat, or that killing him was an accident, but by saying that his late father irresponsibly joined al Qaeda terrorists.

How Team Obama Justifies the Killing of a 16-Year-Old American - Conor Friedersdorf - The Atlantic

Last edited:

If its illegal and/or morally wrong to kill someone - then its illegal and/or morally wrong to kil them. It doesn't matter how they were killed, does it?

On the other hand - if its legal and/or morally right to kill someone - such as legitimate military targets - then why is it wrong to use a method which places U.S. servicemen at a minimal risk?

Seems to me that the same folks who were fine with us setting Baghdad on fire using smart bombs and - at the same time - placing U.S. pilots at risk - are against using unmanned aircraft to conduct more surgical strikes of military targets. Do you guys want U.S. servicemen to die, or do you just hate Obama?

It's obvious that the radical left is lacking in historic perspective but it seems that American citizens haven't been legitimate military targets since President Lincoln suspended the Constitutional right to "habeas corpus during the Civil War.

Whitehall, who is the left? Anyone to the right of Barry Goldwater?

I doubt you have perspective.

Forum List

Back