Drones - its a method - who cares?

QWB's arguments have no basis in law or in reality.

Let's move on.

I disagree. Targeting first responders is a horrendous tactic.

Blind drone strikes I find reprehensible as well (that is bombing people or a group of people because they look like bad guys, not because you have intel on the whereabouts of someone who is a target).

The Killed-at-16 Transparency Test: Obama Owes Us Answers About This Dead American
What is the White House hiding about the demise of a boy they say they didn't target but admit to blowing up?

little%20awlaki.png

The Killed-at-16 Transparency Test: Obama Owes Us Answers About This Dead American - Conor Friedersdorf - The Atlantic

Last edited:
Drone kills for libs : YAY! Obama is killing innocent civilians at 50 to 1. No problemo.

Water boarding for libs: Bush is a monster for water boarding known terrorists

Hypocrisy: thy name is Democrat.

Tell us your better plan for fighting Al Qaeda.

Removing all US military forces from the Middle East, and opening up free trade agreements with them.

Right now we are:

1) Occupying them
2) Terrorizing them
3) Destroying their economy
4) Humiliating their sovereignty
5) Basically continuing the Crusades of Pope Urban

Right NOW they are doing what to us?

Last edited:

If its illegal and/or morally wrong to kill someone - then its illegal and/or morally wrong to kil them. It doesn't matter how they were killed, does it?

On the other hand - if its legal and/or morally right to kill someone - such as legitimate military targets - then why is it wrong to use a method which places U.S. servicemen at a minimal risk?

Seems to me that the same folks who were fine with us setting Baghdad on fire using smart bombs and - at the same time - placing U.S. pilots at risk - are against using unmanned aircraft to conduct more surgical strikes of military targets. Do you guys want U.S. servicemen to die, or do you just hate Obama?
I'm not fine with either and the use of drones is terrorism!

Let's move on.

Blind drone strikes I find reprehensible as well (that is bombing people or a group of people because they look like bad guys, not because you have intel on the whereabouts of someone who is a target).

Do you understand target recognition, acquisition, and delivery? Or recon by fire?

You have little concept of what you are discussing

If its illegal and/or morally wrong to kill someone - then its illegal and/or morally wrong to kil them. It doesn't matter how they were killed, does it?

On the other hand - if its legal and/or morally right to kill someone - such as legitimate military targets - then why is it wrong to use a method which places U.S. servicemen at a minimal risk?

Seems to me that the same folks who were fine with us setting Baghdad on fire using smart bombs and - at the same time - placing U.S. pilots at risk - are against using unmanned aircraft to conduct more surgical strikes of military targets. Do you guys want U.S. servicemen to die, or do you just hate Obama?
I'm not fine with either and the use of drones is terrorism!

There was a study done where the numbers are really appalling showing that its 49 civilians dead for 1 terrorist.

And that doesn't include the injured nor the maimed. That ratio is just unacceptable.

Bipartisan rant here. I don't care who's using them.

Let's move on.

Do you understand target recognition, acquisition, and delivery? Or recon by fire?

Did these guys use those terms?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0]Collateral Murder - Wikileaks - Iraq - YouTube[/ame]

This is just wrong.

Drone Strikes in Pakistan Kill One Terrorist for Every 50 Deaths

Just weeks before the general election, a new study has drawn into question the “surgical” drone strikes Obama administration officials have touted as “precise and effective” weapons in the war on terror.

Released on Wednesday by researchers at Stanford and New York University law schools, the study recommends the U.S. conduct “a fundamental re-evaluation of current targeted killing practices,” which has led to 49 civilian deaths for every one known terrorist killed.

In a region where the U.S. should be trying to win over supporters from al Qaeda and Taliban influence, drones are traumatizing and alienating Pakistanis.

Despite the Obama administration’s public statements that the strikes have contributed to either “no” or “single digit” civilian casualties, The Bureau of Investigative Journalism found that from June 2004 through mid-September 2012, drone strikes killed between 2,562 and 3,325 people in Pakistan, including 176 children.

The civilian carnage is just one aspect the report criticizes, citing “considerable and under-accounted for harm to the daily lives of ordinary civilians.”

The study, based upon nine months of intensive research including 130 interviews of victims and witnesses, suggests the “terrorizing” nature of the 24 hours a day presence of drones in northwest Pakistan.

Drone Strikes in Pakistan Kill One Terrorist for Every 50 Deaths

Me. I care. Of course YOU would care too if it was a Republican doing it.

I agree, more drones, more drones!

I love the concept of drones. Including here! Find lost hikers, lost children, Amber alert tracking, criminals, illegal drug crop plantations, count wildlife, do police surveillance 24/7 ------

Take out holed-up terrorists in their caves and cabins in the Smokies. Take out ONE car on I-95 that's got the criminal in it.

I think it's great.

Drone kills for libs : YAY! Obama is killing innocent civilians at 50 to 1. No problemo.

Water boarding for libs: Bush is a monster for water boarding known terrorists

Hypocrisy: thy name is Democrat.

Tell us your better plan for fighting Al Qaeda.

Removing all US military forces from the Middle East, and opening up free trade agreements with them.

Right now we are:

1) Occupying them
2) Terrorizing them
3) Destroying their economy
4) Humiliating their sovereignty
5) Basically continuing the Crusades of Pope Urban

Right NOW they are doing what to us?

But since you know we are never going to do that, what is your better plan for fighting Al Qaeda?

And keep in mind, Al Qaeda remains the perpetrator of 9/11.

Let's move on.

Recon by fire? Seriously? They drop missiles on the people that show up to help. They deliberately target funerals of people killed by drones.

That is not recon by fire, that is deliberate murder, probably violates intentional law, does violate US policy, and you support it.

That makes you worse than a scum sucking pig.

US drone strikes target rescuers in Pakistan ? and the west stays silent | Glenn Greenwald | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Did these guys use those terms?

I was correct. Until you know enough to ask the right questions, you only reveal your ignorance.

You reactionaries and you lefties have no idea about what you are discussing when it comes to drones.

Forum List

Back