Duh!!! Why does the MSM use the term "Spike" regarding COVID cases.... why not state the reason?

Every day I go to this web site:Coronavirus Update (Live): 77,404,342 Cases and 1,703,478 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer
Download the statistics regarding COVID.
Here is an abbreviated (so as not to confuse less cognizant readers!!!) spreadsheet.
Explanations for some non-literate including the MSM that continues to the term "SPIKE" as the below screenshot shows!
1) DUH... 234,217,195 TESTED in USA... Duh... you don't especially dumb ass MSM comprehend the more tests...DUH the more cases found!!!
2) SPIKE?? 98.22% of the 18,267,579 cases SURVIVE!!!! I know the additional "!!" not necessary but I can excuse the majority of Americans for
not knowing this BUT THE MSM??? Again folks all done to criticize Trump. Plain and simple!
You people don't believe the below but I've been tracking this since 2/7/20 and the MSM has completely fooled all of YOU that believe the problems!
During the same time that 324,869 Americans died from COVID... are you people aware that
Here’s how the media is misreporting COVID-19’s death toll in America
The CDC itself caused a stir at the end of August by estimating that the virus directly caused only 6 percent, or now just over 11,000 of the 187,000 attributed deaths. Most of these deaths were in the elderly.
View attachment 431847

View attachment 431849

In a long sad history of falsehoods and misleading posts, this has to be the dumbest thing you've ever posted. Living up to your name and posting health myths about covid19.

I live in a country where we don't deny the pandemic or the deaths it's causing. As a result, we have 14,000 deaths, which even allowing for the difference in populations, means that we have less than 1/3 of the deaths you have. Our economy hasn't crashed, and our people aren't lining up for food banks by the thousands.

Our first doses of vaccine went to nursing home residents. Our second to healthcare workers because our doctors and nurses aren't dying by the thousands, and have plenty of PPE. We've already bought enough vaccine for everyone in the country.

Sucks to be you.
You present NOT one fact! And in FACT you are so wrong about Covid deaths in Canada, your country where the
Niagara Escarpment is located!

Canada..512,404 cases of which 14,282 deaths or 2.78% VS USA 18,267,579 cases deaths 324,860 1.77%
That is nearly 65% more per cases than of the USA and you are proud of that???
Canada has less than 11% of the population of the USA.
FACTS dummies like you NEVER present because YOU don't have any IDEA of how to find them! YOU guess!

View attachment 431971
View attachment 431974

The death rate isn't found by dividing deaths by total cases. It's found by dividing deaths by resolved cases. You fools have 7 million people who are still sick, of which close to 3% are going to die. Mathematics and data really aren't your strong suit. You can't even read the charts properly.

Your death rate is 2.94%, not 1.77%. Ours is slightly higher at 3.27% but most of our deaths came in April and May before we had good treatments. Your deaths have continued unabated.

I don't know how you came up with the idea that we have 65% more cases than the USA. The USA has 17 million cases and we have 500,000. Even allowing for population differences, you have 4 times the number of cases we do - 55,762 cases per million of population in the USA, versus 13,597 cases per million in Canada.

Deaths per million of population - USA 984 - Canada 378.

By every indicator, you're a mess and we've handled this and saved lives.

You made this up! "The death rate isn't found by dividing deaths by total cases. It's found by dividing deaths by resolved cases."

THIS is how the death rate is calculated by EXPERTS not guessers!
(the number of deaths divided by the number of confirmed cases).

Again USA-- total deaths 326,312 divided 18,425,165 by confirmed cases confirmed in USA... DEATH rate IS 1.77%
Canada deaths of 14,282 divided by 512,404 (not 500,000!) confirmed cases equals death rate: 2.78% or nearly 65% more!
Again facts not guesses. Trying to figure out what kind of MESS Canada is in with nearly 3% of all cases ending in DEATH!
You are not an expert in health much less MATH!

View attachment 432055View attachment 432056

You're even dumber than you seem. You don't calculate the death rate on the active cases. You calculate it on resolved cases. Some of those 7 million who are sick are going to die - probably about about 210,000. That's 3 percent of the 7 million who are still sick.

When calculating the mortality rate, we need:

1. The number of actual cases. We need to know the number of actual cases (not merely the reported ones, which are typically only a small portion of the actual ones) that have already had an outcome (positive or negative: recovery or death), not the current cases that still have to resolve (the case sample shall contain zero active cases and include only "closed" cases).
  2. The number of actual deaths related to the closed cases examined above.

Last edited:
Every day I go to this web site:Coronavirus Update (Live): 77,404,342 Cases and 1,703,478 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer
Here is an abbreviated (so as not to confuse less cognizant readers!!!) spreadsheet.
Explanations for some non-literate including the MSM that continues to the term "SPIKE" as the below screenshot shows!
1) DUH... 234,217,195 TESTED in USA... Duh... you don't especially dumb ass MSM comprehend the more tests...DUH the more cases found!!!
2) SPIKE?? 98.22% of the 18,267,579 cases SURVIVE!!!! I know the additional "!!" not necessary but I can excuse the majority of Americans for
not knowing this BUT THE MSM??? Again folks all done to criticize Trump. Plain and simple!
You people don't believe the below but I've been tracking this since 2/7/20 and the MSM has completely fooled all of YOU that believe the problems!
During the same time that 324,869 Americans died from COVID... are you people aware that
The CDC itself caused a stir at the end of August by estimating that the virus directly caused only 6 percent, or now just over 11,000 of the 187,000 attributed deaths. Most of these deaths were in the elderly.
View attachment 431847

View attachment 431849
Is this what your handlers are telling you to say? Cause you sure as hell aren’t a statistician and sure don’t know anything no about the transmission of virus
How many people do you know who have had the virus?
How many health professionals do you know who have dealt with people who have had, or have, the virus?
You ask accurate questions... that are subjective. Anecdotal. Not driven by statistics which is my point. The MSM is suppose to be objective.
Fact Driven. The MSM motivation should be presenting the simple facts, not adding adjectives like "spike" that agitate the readers erroneously.

View attachment 431847

View attachment 431849

In a long sad history of falsehoods and misleading posts, this has to be the dumbest thing you've ever posted. Living up to your name and posting health myths about covid19.

I live in a country where we don't deny the pandemic or the deaths it's causing. As a result, we have 14,000 deaths, which even allowing for the difference in populations, means that we have less than 1/3 of the deaths you have. Our economy hasn't crashed, and our people aren't lining up for food banks by the thousands.

Our first doses of vaccine went to nursing home residents. Our second to healthcare workers because our doctors and nurses aren't dying by the thousands, and have plenty of PPE. We've already bought enough vaccine for everyone in the country.

Sucks to be you.
You present NOT one fact! And in FACT you are so wrong about Covid deaths in Canada, your country where the

Canada..512,404 cases of which 14,282 deaths or 2.78% VS USA 18,267,579 cases deaths 324,860 1.77%
FACTS dummies like you NEVER present because YOU don't have any IDEA of how to find them! YOU guess!

View attachment 431971
View attachment 431974

The death rate isn't found by dividing deaths by total cases. It's found by dividing deaths by resolved cases. You fools have 7 million people who are still sick, of which close to 3% are going to die. Mathematics and data really aren't your strong suit. You can't even read the charts properly.

Your death rate is 2.94%, not 1.77%. Ours is slightly higher at 3.27% but most of our deaths came in April and May before we had good treatments. Your deaths have continued unabated.

I don't know how you came up with the idea that we have 65% more cases than the USA. The USA has 17 million cases and we have 500,000. Even allowing for population differences, you have 4 times the number of cases we do - 55,762 cases per million of population in the USA, versus 13,597 cases per million in Canada.

You made this up! "The death rate isn't found by dividing deaths by total cases. It's found by dividing deaths by resolved cases."

Again USA-- total deaths 326,312 divided 18,425,165 by confirmed cases confirmed in USA... DEATH rate IS 1.77%
Canada deaths of 14,282 divided by 512,404 (not 500,000!) confirmed cases equals death rate: 2.78% or nearly 65% more!
Again facts not guesses. Trying to figure out what kind of MESS Canada is in with nearly 3% of all cases ending in DEATH!

You're even dumber than you seem. You don't calculate the death rate on the active cases. You calculate it on resolved cases. Some of those 7 million who are sick are going to die - probably about about 210,000. That's 3 percent of the 7 million who are still sick.

1. The number of actual cases. We need to know the number of actual cases (not merely the reported ones, which are typically only a small portion of the actual ones) that have already had an outcome (positive or negative: recovery or death), not the current cases that still have to resolve (the case sample shall contain zero active cases and include only "closed" cases).

I agree with "We need to know the number of actual cases (not merely the reported ones, which are typically only a small portion of the actual" statement! And when you know all the case numbers the DEATH RATE goes down! How many people have had COVID without even being tested, some mild symptoms, coughing, loss of smell, etc. and didn't realize it!
FACTS dragginnn...
"These results confirm something we already knew: The COVID-19 infection fatality rate—deaths as a share of all infections—is much lower than the crude case fatality rate—deaths as a share of known cases"
The CDC put the ratio of infections to confirmed cases in South Florida at 11 to 1, which is the same as the ratio it estimated in Utah, where the samples were collected from April 20 through May 3, and in western Washington, where the samples were collected from March 23 through April 1
Now for example then if we just use 5 cases to 1 confirmed case in the USA would mean:
With as of today 18,473,716 total confirmed cases in USA that a simple 5-to-1 ratio means really 92,368,580 total cases and known confirmed
deaths of 328,772 a percentage rate of deaths to total cases of 0.35%! So where is the MSM reporting these FACTS from the CDC?
Possibly nearly 100 million cases but less than 0.35% deaths! Mild symptoms, not hospitalized, not in serious condition, walking around not knowing!

View attachment 431847

View attachment 431849

Sucks to be you.

View attachment 431971
View attachment 431974

I agree with "We need to know the number of actual cases (not merely the reported ones, which are typically only a small portion of the actual" statement! And when you know all the case numbers the DEATH RATE goes down! How many people have had COVID without even being tested, some mild symptoms, coughing, loss of smell, etc. and didn't realize it!
FACTS dragginnn...
"These results confirm something we already knew: The COVID-19 infection fatality rate—deaths as a share of all infections—is much lower than the crude case fatality rate—deaths as a share of known cases"
The CDC put the ratio of infections to confirmed cases in South Florida at 11 to 1, which is the same as the ratio it estimated in Utah, where the samples were collected from April 20 through May 3, and in western Washington, where the samples were collected from March 23 through April 1
Now for example then if we just use 5 cases to 1 confirmed case in the USA would mean:
With as of today 18,473,716 total confirmed cases in USA that a simple 5-to-1 ratio means really 92,368,580 total cases and known confirmed
deaths of 328,772 a percentage rate of deaths to total cases of 0.35%! So where is the MSM reporting these FACTS from the CDC?
Possibly nearly 100 million cases but less than 0.35% deaths! Mild symptoms, not hospitalized, not in serious condition, walking around not knowing!

I notice that you completely ignore the 315,000 people who have DIED, in all of this. You haven't mentioned these people or their families at all. This virus is no big deal at all, except to the 315,000 families who have lost loved ones.

With 7 million people sick right now, your hospitals all over the country at capacity, people are being sent home with no treatment to die. 20% of people get really fucking sick, and they're in recovery for months. We don't know if they will fully recover yet, so they may have pre-existing conditions forever.

It's not just the 3% who died of the virus, it's the 20% who get really sick with it.

Fact Driven. The MSM motivation should be presenting the simple facts, not adding adjectives like "spike" that agitate the readers erroneously.
You breezed right by post #3, which demonstrates why it's called a spike. Because it is a spike.

1608646932335.png

"You breezed right by post #3, which demonstrates why it's called a spike. Because it is a spike."

And you and others breeze right past this factor!
2,403,372 tested in ONE day... 236,620,567 overall.. and you don't think THAT has an affect? Where is the MSM telling you that?
Because that is GOOD news and they deal ONLY in dramatic bad news that hurts Trump and us 74 million supporters! How smart is that?
How honest is that! And considering that probably for every 1 confirmed case there are 4 to 5 other un confirmed cases .
FACTS buddy!

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 9.13.36 AM.png

View attachment 432179

You breezed right by post #3, which demonstrates why it's called a spike. Because it is a spike.
2,403,372 tested in ONE day... 236,620,567 overall.. and you don't think THAT has an affect? Where is the MSM telling you that?
Because that is GOOD news and they deal ONLY in dramatic bad news that hurts Trump and us 74 million supporters! How smart is that?
How honest is that! And considering that probably for every 1 confirmed case there are 4 to 5 other un confirmed cases .
FACTS buddy!

View attachment 432192

View attachment 432179
Additional testing would not have any effect on the number of people hospitalized with COVID, nor would it have any effect on the number of people dying from COVID, both of which have increased dramatically in the last month.

You cannot explain this increase by pointing at increased testing.

Is this like reporting the election results, without adding adjectives like Trump uses, like "fraud"

FACTS buddy!

View attachment 432192

View attachment 432179
Additional testing would not have any effect on the number of people hospitalized with COVID, nor would it have any effect on the number of people dying from COVID, both of which have increased dramatically in the last month.

So 2,403,372 more tests per day wouldn't identify people with COVID? So what's the value of testing? You make NO sense!
Please explain this following chart, i.e. what age group is more likely to die from COVID?
Then explain how come the death rate has continually gone down? A month ago Death rate for USA was 2.10%--- today 12/22/20 1.77% a 33% decrease! Where's the spike in Deaths? Again... why doesn't the MSM tell people this good news. That more testing creates more knowledge (science!!!) and fewer deaths. But people like you want to believe anything that puts Trump and 75 million of us in a bad light...courtesy of the MSM!
Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 9.34.06 AM.png

FACTS buddy!

View attachment 432192

View attachment 432179

Health myths threads are all the same. He makes a math error in 85% of his threads, something stupid like missing a decimal or misreading a chart, and not only is he a complete buffoon but he does so arrogantly, with plenty of caps-lock, exclamation points and calling others stupid in the face of his OWN mal-understanding. It's pathetic. He needs a life, and some math fundamentals classes.

Close but not exactly right.
You have cases like Trump and Giuliani, who after testing positive, got immediate therapeutic care that prevented them from building up a sizeable viral load, that most likely saved their lives.

They're examples of people taking extra care after testing positive, and seeking early treatment.
Had they not been tested, they would have probably waiting for symptoms, which would have delayed treatment.

Also people who did not get tested may wait at home, thinking it's just the flu, and wait for severe symptoms to manifest before seeking medical treatment, where their outcome at the point would be severe to fatal.

Is this like reporting the election results, without adding adjectives like Trump uses, like "fraud"
There is "fraud" in the elections! Geez tell me you haven't seen this table! Explain how Georgia had 6.42% rejected mail in ballots in 2016 BUT
in 2020 0.60%!!! A 90% reduction in rejected ballots even though there were MORE absentee ballots in 2020 than 2016? Please explain that!

rejectballot.png

Or the following table where
mailinMIballotissues.png

So 2,403,372 more tests per day wouldn't identify people with COVID? So what's the value of testing? You make NO sense!

Actually testing also yields a positivity rate, which is used to statistically determine the accuracy of the tests representation, reported cases vs actual number of cases.

The lower the positivity rate, the closer the positivity rate is to the actual. The higher the positivity rate, the more likely there are several times more undetected cases.

It's just like a poll. The larger the sample size, the more accurate the results.

There is "fraud" in the elections! Geez tell me you haven't seen this table! Explain how Georgia had 6.42% rejected mail in ballots in 2016 BUT
in 2020 0.60%!!!

Easy, two words Stacy Abrams.

She spent the last year teaching Georgia voters how to properly fill out absentee ballots.

The drop in error rate is no different than seeing a rise in SAT scores when schools start concentrating on SAT preparation.

That's the value of educating the general population, whether it's about the "spike" in coronavirus cases, or how to fill out an absentee ballot properly.

P.S. Duh!!! Why does the MSM use the term "Spike" regarding COVID cases.... why not state the reason?

One reason that would be politically incorrect to state, that there are too many idiots like you who want to "play it down" rather than let the people know of the actual danger.

Last edited:
Please explain this following chart, i.e. what age group is more likely to die from COVID?
Then explain how come the death rate has continually gone down? A month ago Death rate for USA was 2.10%--- today 12/22/20 1.77% a 33% decrease! Where's the spike in Deaths? Again... why doesn't the MSM tell people this good news. That more testing creates more knowledge (science!!!) and fewer deaths. But people like you want to believe anything that puts Trump and 75 million of us in a bad light...courtesy of the MSM!

Well, it would take some time to explain and I'm a bit rushed today, so I'll try to be as brief as possible.

The idea that more testing results in more cases being discovered relies on the idea that the increased testing is picking up cases that would not otherwise be identified. That's a rational assumption but it's not necessarily guaranteed to be correct, and it's definitely not guaranteed to be the sole explanation. We have to dig deeper.

One of the ways we dig deeper is by examining hospitalizations. The number of people who are hospitalized with COVID is not going to be affected by increases in testing. The problem of undiagnosed people in the community does not really exist with hospitalized patients. We have been identifying all patients infected with COVID for a really long time now, basically since the testing issues got ironed out in the first month or so. So when hospitalized patients increase, it's a true increase. If we consider that a similar proportion of people who are infected develop symptoms severe enough to be hospitalized, the the increase in hospitalizations is reflective of an underlying increase in the true number of cases in the community.

in 2020 0.60%!!!

She spent the last year teaching Georgia voters how to properly fill out absentee ballots.

The drop in error rate is no different than seeing a rise in SAT scores when schools start concentrating on SAT preparation.

Right thanks to the following FACTS!!!
Separately, Abrams said that billionaire liberal financier George Soros and his son Alexander gave a total of $1.25 million to her PAC, GeorgiaNEXT, from 2014 through 2018, but Abrams would not say how much either gave to her non-profits.

Close but not exactly right.
You have cases like Trump and Giuliani, who after testing positive, got immediate therapeutic care that prevented them from building up a sizeable viral load, that most likely saved their lives.

They're examples of people taking extra care after testing positive, and seeking early treatment.
Had they not been tested, they would have probably waiting for symptoms, which would have delayed treatment.

Also people who did not get tested may wait at home, thinking it's just the flu, and wait for severe symptoms to manifest before seeking medical treatment, where their outcome at the point would be severe to fatal.
People are not being hospitalized willy nilly like the elitists such as Trump and Giuliani. Although those cases do happen, it's certainly no more than a rounding error on the national data.

The criteria for hospitalizations has not really changed.

in 2020 0.60%!!!

Right thanks to the following FACTS!!!
Separately, Abrams said that billionaire liberal financier George Soros and his son Alexander gave a total of $1.25 million to her PAC, GeorgiaNEXT, from 2014 through 2018, but Abrams would not say how much either gave to her non-profits.

They made it a point to teach people to fill out ballots properly.

How To Request And Cast Your Absentee Ballot In Georgia ...
WABE 90.1 FM | NPR's Local Atlanta Radio Station › how-to-request-and-cast-your-a...

Sep 23, 2020 — When your absentee ballot arrives, make sure you read the instructions carefully and mark every required field. Review the signature on your ...

When you educate the people, they do it right.

Forum List

Back