Early 1970’s Democratic Party Bullshit That Kids Like Me Got Force Fed in School

You saw combat in the Philippines?

When was that and what unit were you with?
Mindenoa vs New Peoples Army that has now become a fundamentalist Islamic terrorist group. 1990’s and it wasn’t the Air Farce you pussy.

I did not ask which branch, I said which unit. Seems you should know the difference.
Oh, BTW, the Muslims there hated the United States with passion only superseded by Democrats today.

But the ladies there loved Americans with so much skill and passion!
Olongapo City was Walt Disneyland for adults. Get laid three times a day.

Did you ever go to Club Metalica? They had a giant 10 foot long Bose bass cannon hanging from the ceiling!

Russia and China want to destroy the United States. They are the enemy. Our enemy within is Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic Party.
What nonsense you sputter! It isn't Nancy Pelosi or the Democratic party or even John Bolton sucking up to Russia and China. Their asses are smothered in Trump et Staff kisses as we beg what we can do for them. Sanctions lifted..gotcha! Support troops in the way..we'll move them..to the oil fields. Wanna take over an independent country on your border...no problem, we'll hold up weapons funding!
Your opinion only-worth=2 cents.
With the changing political landscape since the 1970’s when being a liberal was part of being a teacher, why is Joe Manchin still a Dem. I like the guy...but he has to leave the Democratic Party. I will begin to think him communist.

Well I could tell you that but I don’t think you have the clearance. Suffice it to say we were a small unit of USMC and we gathered intel from these villages that included al Queda material. Didn’t know the demographics of the island until a week before we went in. Engaged...destroyed arms and ammunition.

That is one hell of a cool story. Total bullshit, but one hell of a cool story none the less.

I bet you a Hollywood Marine
Out of Pendleton...no bullshit Air Farce.

You went to bootcamp at Pendleton?
MCRD...did my “fart lick” there too.

Which MCRD? (there are two you know...)

Are you a Marine or a Hollywood Marine?

Mindenoa vs New Peoples Army that has now become a fundamentalist Islamic terrorist group. 1990’s and it wasn’t the Air Farce you pussy.

I did not ask which branch, I said which unit. Seems you should know the difference.
Oh, BTW, the Muslims there hated the United States with passion only superseded by Democrats today.

Did you ever go to Club Metalica? They had a giant 10 foot long Bose bass cannon hanging from the ceiling!
Yes. But I preferred more private places (for obvious reasons) like Club Missouri or the Red River Lounge.

Yes. But I preferred more private places (for obvious reasons) like Club Missouri or the Red River Lounge.

Why did you need more private places when we were all there for the same damn reason.

If I recall correctly, Club Missouri was too far from the gate and the women there did not get checked for VD as often by the Corpsmen.

I had a "regular" at Club Metalica, half Filipino and half Swedish...she had the best of both worlds!

Russia and China want to destroy the United States. They are the enemy. Our enemy within is Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic Party.
What nonsense you sputter! It isn't Nancy Pelosi or the Democratic party or even John Bolton sucking up to Russia and China. Their asses are smothered in Trump et Staff kisses as we beg what we can do for them. Sanctions lifted..gotcha! Support troops in the way..we'll move them..to the oil fields. Wanna take over an independent country on your border...no problem, we'll hold up weapons funding!
With the changing political landscape since the 1970’s when being a liberal was part of being a teacher, why is Joe Manchin still a Dem. I like the guy...but he has to leave the Democratic Party. I will begin to think him communist.
Better to have a man in the opposite party for info purposes, and still a vote when needed (Kavanaugh).

Well I could tell you that but I don’t think you have the clearance. Suffice it to say we were a small unit of USMC and we gathered intel from these villages that included al Queda material. Didn’t know the demographics of the island until a week before we went in. Engaged...destroyed arms and ammunition.

That is one hell of a cool story. Total bullshit, but one hell of a cool story none the less.

I bet you a Hollywood Marine
Out of Pendleton...no bullshit Air Farce.

You went to bootcamp at Pendleton?
MCRD...did my “fart lick” there too.

Which MCRD? (there are two you know...)

Are you a Marine or a Hollywood Marine?
In my day MCRD San Diego made you a Hollywood Marine. I did get lots of snatch in Southern Cali. Loved to surf. Water very cold there. Because of the terrain at Pendleton I felt real Marines were stationed there. Better training. Guess it’s where you were. You do know the United States Government leases the area from the Pendleton family don’t you? It is technically the “Pendleton Ranch.”

Better to have a man in the opposite party for info purposes, and still a vote when needed (Kavanaugh).
Was proud of him for that vote!

In my day MCRD San Diego made you a Hollywood Marine.

As in mine. Not sure if they still call them that. Been 10 years since I retired.

Because of the terrain at Pendleton I felt real Marines were stationed there. Better training.

The terrain was no better or worse than anywhere else, just different.

Guess it’s where you were.

Spent very little time at Pendleton, most of my time in Cali was at the beautiful resort town of 29 Palms. :21::21:

I did more CAXes than I can remember. The worst was the back to back ones where they gave you a 96 in-between and not being able to afford to go to Laughlin.

Why did you need more private places when we were all there for the same damn reason.

If I recall correctly, Club Missouri was too far from the gate and the women there did not get checked for VD as often by the Corpsmen.

I had a "regular" at Club Metalica, half Filipino and half Swedish...she had the best of both worlds!
Because I couldn’t talk freely about op’s that I was on or that were going on. Never had a regular. They always wanted to be your girlfriend...but nope. Yes, the bi-racial ones had big tits.

In my day MCRD San Diego made you a Hollywood Marine.

As in mine. Not sure if they still call them that. Been 10 years since I retired.

Because of the terrain at Pendleton I felt real Marines were stationed there. Better training.

The terrain was no better or worse than anywhere else, just different.

Guess it’s where you were.

Spent very little time at Pendleton, most of my time in Cali was at the beautiful resort town of 29 Palms. :21::21:

I did more CAXes than I can remember. The worst was the back to back ones where they gave you a 96 in-between and not being able to afford to go to Laughlin.
29 Palms is a fucking desert. Did you drink Red Horse, San Miguel, or Mojo? I drank it all so better part of discretion when drunk is why I hang in the shit bars. My drunk mouth was better that way. Divulge no information and in case something slipped...the girls there could not even speak English. Never caught no STD’s but momma-son at Missouri did want want me to de-flower a girl of about 13-14. I was disgusted by the proposal and held my cool(arrest would be disaster for military career) and never went back. Spent lots of time at Red River Lounge listening to country and riding the mechanical bull.

29 Palms is a fucking desert.

No shit. But then again so is half of Pendelton.

Did you drink Red Horse, San Miguel, or Mojo? I drank it all so better part of discretion when drunk is why I hang in the shit bars. My drunk mouth was better that way. Divulge no information and in case something slipped...the girls there could not even speak English. Never caught no STD’s but momma-son at Missouri did want want me to de-flower a girl of about 13-14. I was disgusted by the proposal and held my cool(arrest would be disaster for military career) and never went back. Spent lots of time at Red River Lounge listening to country and riding the mechanical bull.

Whatever was there, I drank it. It all tasted the same but I recall Red Horse being stronger.

Club Metallica was pretty much my exclusive hang out, they played the music I liked and it was close enough to walk back no matter how drunk I was.

Never caught anything either, but I took full advantage of the box of rubbers at the gate heading to town.

I did got certified as an automatic weapons instructor and the firing portion was in there, was stationed on Oki at the time.

We got there on Friday, went to the field on Monday and came back on Friday...we had a guy that was dripping before we made it back out of the field! Dumb fuck didn't use a rubber!

I served in the Army. Desert Storm as well. And it was a lot of things. Not just a few songs or whatever.

Korea. It wasn’t Vietnam that caused the problems, it was Korea. Korea was a war. Nobody understood. Why we were there was never explained well enough. What threat to us did it represent. To make it worse, the predictions and promises of the leadership was never right.

First, the collected wisdom of the various Intelligence Agencies. Military, CIA, State Department, everyone. All of them said Nothing would happen in Korea. Then the arrogant Leaders sent Task Force Smith in. That group was wiped out.

As stories came back of Bugle Charges and Chinese Human Wave attacks, we couldn’t figure out how the hell so many people were wrong so often. Korea will never be a problem. The war starts. The Chinese will never come in. The Chinese swarm the area like Cockroaches in a New York Tenement.

Partly it was people like McArthur believing their own press clippings. Partly it was ignorance of the Enemy. Partly it was just wishful thinking. Partly it was a standard of proof that was unreachable. For example. When the First Chinese started to get captured by the ROK and US Forces, they were explained away as just stray units that had wondered across the Yalu river.

The way the war ended was also uncomfortable for people who had expected a victory like World War II. Worse, it was five years since the end of the last war, and the Military was woefully undermanned, under trained, and inexperienced.

Then we find ourselves in Vietnam. Almost immediately we see ourselves deploying advisors, and after watching the French Foreign Legion defeated, one of the best military units in the world, we decide arrogantly that we can smash Vietnam like an egg.

A decade after Korea, we are still arrogant despite the knowledge of how many we lost in Korea, the costs of that draw were unbearably high.

Vietnam was the straw. Lies and obfuscation ruled the days. The Politicians modified the language to try and fool the people. From Search and Destroy to Seek and Subdue. The problem wasn’t the terms used, the problem was that we kept hearing about how our boys were over there fighting for hills that they immediately gave back to the enemy. Our men were dying to take terrain that was surrendered as soon as they won, if they won.

As time goes by and the lies are exposed, support for the war that was problematic in it’s beginning, and managed in what appeared to be the dumbest way possible, was reduced.

Vietnam wasn’t lost because of the Liberals, or the Communists, nor even the people singing songs against the war. It was lost because we never had any clue how to win. If we had that clue, we were not doing it. It wasn’t a situation where killing all the enemies would somehow win the day.

Look, there have been a thousand books written on Vietnam and why we lost. The lessons we didn’t learn, or were applied wrong. There were a lot of them. We lost for the same reason we are getting our asses kicked in Afghanistan. The people didn’t want us there. Not all of them, but more than enough. The Draft insured the military had the troops, but they were unwilling troops. Troops who wanted to get laid, not go to Vietnam and die without even seeing who was shooting.

We didn’t have the moral, we didn’t have the plan, and we didn’t even have a clue. We had our arrogance handed to us with a large plate of crow. We learned. Jimmy Carter instituted drug testing, and that started to weed out the problems. The draft was suspended. That meant that the troops were volunteers, if less than enthusiastic.

Before that happened, things were so bad that Officers would not go into some of the barracks without sidearms. We no longer made it a join the army or go to jail option. The more we raised the standards, the better the soldiers were.

It was about ten years from the end of Vietnam, to Grenada, and other conflicts, small and short they may have been. The difference was night and day. Reagan’s military could not have existed without the changes begun under Carter. Including study of and development of the B-1 Bomber.

It wasn’t Liberals, because after their height of the 1960’s and first half of the 1070’s, the military was improving. Weapons, training, tactics, and all of that were improving. It got a big boost when Reagan took office, and sent more money for training, but the point remains. The foundation had already been laid out.

We lost Vietnam not because of the Liberals, but because of the fools who had no idea what they were doing in the first place.
Have a feeling the young average South Korean really has no real clue what hell the young North Korean lives in. Then again perhaps the average young North Korean doesn't know what freedom that the average South Korean experiences.

What we do know is Vietnam is united and all of their citizens are oppressed. Thanks mainly due to rich communists living in freedom here like those musicians or the wonderfully spoiled commie slut jane fonda.

Oh, that left wing hero, pol pot.

Just watch that video and keep thinking we had no business stopping the spread of tyranny.

Ok, so let me explain the huge hole in your explanation. Lot’s of people were living in Tyranny around the world at the same time as the ten thousand day war of Vietnam. Today in many nations, people are living in Tyranny as well. Why did we ignore the people suffering in Tyranny in other nations? What made the conditions the Blacks lived in in South Africa any less action worthy than the people of Vietnam? What made Vietnam the one place where we had to get involved? What made it superior to any other place where just as much, if not more, Tyranny existed?

That was the problem, and when you add in the fact that in many states the Black’s who were being Drafted to go and fight for the Freedom of the Vietnamese, were being treated as second class citizens in their own nation. Why go fight for that guy’s freedom when I get home I will be abused by my own Government?

Our own people were living in Tyranny. Yet those boys, who were treated so badly, went off and fought and died supposedly to end Tyranny abroad.

Korea. I know what North Korea is like. I’ve watched a number of documentaries and read numerous reports and the like. It is a piss hole. But we never intended to eliminate North Korea, even when we marched on the Yalu River, there was never a plan to reunify the nation under the “democratic” South Korea. The other problem in South Korea was the widespread corruption that existed in the South Korean Government.

Korean Corruption

The Military overthrew the Government, and installed their own people as the ones in charge, and the Corruption just changed hands. The people had minimal say in who was in charge, and if you honestly believe the Elections were not rigged I’ll laugh at you right now.

Korea, Taiwan, and many other nations were the tails that wagged the dog. All the corrupt leader had to say was if we did anything to him, then the Nation would end up Communist. Only his tight fist of control kept the Communists at bay. So we prevented a Communist Dictator from taking over from a “Capitalist” dictator.

That was another problem in Vietnam. Corruption. The Communists were brutal and arbitrary, and the Democratic Forces were riddled with Communists, and sympathizers, and just plain corrupt folks as well.

So when these facts came out, the US sounded like they were defending one set of bad guys, from another set of bad guys.

The real problem in Vietnam was the goal. Even during Nixon, who had all the bombing of the North turned back on, the goal wasn’t to win. It was to not lose. When one side is fighting to win, and the other is fighting not to lose, you are left with a serious problem in motivation. Or lack of motivation for your own troops.

Think of it this way. The goal of the North Vietnamese and VC troops was to drive the foreigners out of their land. The goal of the American Troops was to survive their one year tour and get the hell out of that nation. The goal of the South Vietnamese troops was to survive and go home too. Generally speaking.

But in the end, it was a number of factors that led to the defeat in Vietnam. Poor strategy. Poor leadership. Lies and obfuscation. And lack of a plan to do anything but not lose.

Admit it. American Generals went into Vietnam believing it would be easy. We had Helicopters, and Modern Technology, and all those things that we needed to defeat the uneducated little Peasants we were fighting. If fighting heart was enough to subdue the Vietnamese people, then the Foreign Legion would have won the day and we never would have gotten involved.

I said we were losing in Afghanistan in my original post. We are. For the same reasons we lost in Afghanistan. We never had a plan to win. We had a plan to invade, and our technology gave us victories, expensive in money and lives, but victories. But again, the people just don’t want us there. Yes, life sucked under the Taliban. Life sucks under the Americans too. How many Afghani’s just want us gone? Ten percent? Twenty? More or less? I know it is enough that our troops are still being targeted and we are approaching. The end of the second decade of war there. Think about that. Children of the people who first went over there, will be joining the military soon, and going right back to where their Fathers, and Mothers, went as young people. Children born after 9-11. We have already seen Fathers and their children both serving in Afghanistan.

What is the plan for victory? How do we make it so the Afghani people stop helping the Taliban, and start working with us? McCain had the only answer, but it was one nobody could imagine. We stay no matter what. We stay for a century if that is what it takes. And that is pretty much what it would take. We haven’t even started yet.

We would have to drag their society from the Seventh Century to modern world. Run electricity to all the villages. Provide power to the nation, and start to handle education. Teaching children about more modern beliefs and sciences. We would need industry there to give people jobs and provide a standard of living they want to defend. Because if you are raising goats, you don’t care who is in charge, so long as they leave your goats alone. Just as the peasant Chinese didn’t care who was in charge, they just wanted their rice bowl filled when they were hungry. Communist forces or forces loyal to Mao didn’t matter. What mattered was feeding your family, because there have been a lot of different folks in charge in China, and things never change through the centuries of history. Someone is always in charge, and always totalitarian, and always the villages survive and grow their rice and eat the same type of meals.

I wonder how long it will be before we admit we lost in Afghanistan too?

Forum List

Back