Early vote live thread

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Total number of ballots cast in all reporting jurisdictions: 1,175,620 votes. This is 2.5% of 2012 total early vote.
2016 November General Election Early Voting - United States Elections Project

I'll be updating this thread each time this is updated.

A few states so far
Florida as of 10/14, 310,760 votes returned so far or 6.5% of 2012 early vote.
Virginia as of 10/13, 74,461 votes returned so far or 16.5% of 2012 early vote.

• Banned
At least 186,293 people have voted in the 2016 election as of 10/5

While
Total number of ballots cast in all reporting jurisdictions: 461,583, Where it was 5 days ago on 10/10..Since pretty much the day after the second debate.

Hillary is very much ahead nationally and in states like Florida right now...So she is building up a nice early lead.

Last edited:

While
Total number of ballots cast in all reporting jurisdictions: 461,583, Where it was 5 days ago on 10/10..Since pretty much the day after the second debate.

Hillary is very much ahead nationally and in states like Florida right now...So she is building up a nice early lead.
Consider the odds... What percentage of women would let Trump sexually assault them and not report it over years? Do you think even 50% would? Lets give the benefit and say 1 out of 2 which I would guess is low, meaning more would report it to Someone. Even if not the authorities, reporting it to a news reporter would be a scoop right? Anyway. If Trump has 8 women coming forward that would be like 2 to the power of 8...hmm..lets count it...2,4,8,16, 32, 64, 128, 256 so we are at 1 in 256. Now what are the odds of all 8 not reporting it then but choosing to report it now. A woman who didnt want to go through the scrutiny then and changes her mind. Would it be fair to say half of all women would step up at a later time and report what they didnt want to report then? 256 times 256 =. 1 in 65,536 Play with my numbers, imput your own probabilities and your own variables but you have to admit this does seem very unlikely Lets say only 5 women are considered likely to have been assaulted but chose not to say anything then but will do so now....2, 4, 8, 16, 32...of the 32.. now they chose to not report it to any news media, police etc. then but will do so now..again assuming half of all women would not report at the time but come forward to do so now....32 times 32 = a 1 in 1,024 of it being legit. Thats less than one tenth of a percent!! I would have a better chance of randomly guessing your birthday. If you argue more women are out there but not choosing to come forward now...you would have to add more to the initial calculation of women who would be sexually assaulted but not come forward ever. No matter how you do this and what legitimate variables you use, the odds that Trump really did this is at least in the thousands to 1. Numbers dont lie. This is pretty hard to believe. By the time its all sorted out though, the election will be over and those who are likely behind it will have achieved their goal. There are bad men out there. There are sexual offenders out there but the odds dont support that this is anything but a smear campaign. It is possible Trump got caught talking like an idiot but didnt really do any of this but the video opens the door for publicity bad enough to kill his chances of winning. How much do you think is at stake here with this election? Would it be worth smearing a candidate for those who would have the means to do so...and if so, should we let it happen? People might think Im being insensitive. I just wanted to share why I find this all very hard to believe.I

• Banned
North Carolina absentee-by-mail ballot Ypdate
If this is a indicator for the nation wide election turn-out. There is no lack of enthusiasm for the Democratic Party! GOTV!!!

With about 33,000 ballots now tabulated, it remains the case (as first reported on October 10th) that Republican absentee-by-mail ballots are down compared to 2012 by about 50%, while Democratic ballots are up a hair.

http://ow.ly/yE7I305dx5n

• Banned
Early ballots and voter-registration numbers show Democrats surging in Florida
MIAMI — Approximately 311,000 Floridians cast absentee ballots by Friday morning in the nation’s biggest battleground state, and the numbers are increasingly moving in favor of Democrats and their White House nomineeuhh Hillary Clinton.

Compared to the day before and this point four years ago, Democrats are catching up to Republicans in the number of voted absentee ballots — a part of the election that the Florida GOP used to own. But now, Republicans are ahead of Democrats by just 1.9 percentage points (about 42-40 percent), compared with a 3 percent advantage held Thursday by the GOP and a 3.9-point Republican advantage at this point relative to Election Day in 2012, state elections data shows.

At the same time, since the 2012 presidential election, the Florida Democratic Party has blown away the Republican Party of Florida in submitting new voter-registration forms. Democrats have submitted 177,000 and Republicans fewer than 13,000 registration forms collected, according to an analysis of Florida Division of Elections data made by University of Florida political science professor Daniel A. Smith. Smith also determined that the Florida Democratic Party has added about 42,000 more newly registered voters to its rolls than the GOP for the 2016 cycle as of Sept. 1, the most-recent date for which the data are available.
The numbers underscore how much stronger Clinton’s ground game is in Florida and how weak the Republican National Committee’s is on behalf of Donald Trump, longtime Florida political consultants say. If Trump loses Florida, he can’t win the White House. And polls already show that Clinton is starting to move farther ahead of the Republican in Florida.

Read more: Early ballots and voter-registration numbers show Democrats surging in Florida

• Banned
Ohio: Early voting turnout doubles at Fairfield County polls
LANCASTER - If residents plan to vote early, they should also plan to wait in line.

The 2016 presidential election is drawing hundreds of voters to vote early and absentee this election cycle. Voter turnout at the Fairfield County Board of Elections office, 951 Liberty Drive, has seen twice as many early voters compared to previous presidential election years. Early voting started Wednesday and more than 600 people have already been there to vote by the end of day Thursday.

"Those are pretty good numbers," said Board of Elections Director Susan Bloom.

When polls opened Wednesday, Bloom said people already were waiting in line starting at 7 a.m. that morning.

The number of absentee ballots has also increased, with Bloom saying Friday that more than 18,200 absentee ballots have been mailed.

"We're about 3,000 (absentee ballots) ahead at this point in time compared to four years ago," Bloom said.

While lines are moving steadily, Bloom said early voters should expect to wait, especially if voting the weekend before the election. The board of elections office hours will vary until Nov. 8. Additional hours have been added on Saturdays and Sundays for early voting, along with extended hours throughout the week.

http://www.lancastereaglegazette.co.../early-voting-turnout-doubles-polls/92060098/

High turn out favors HIllary.

I am an undecided voter holding an absentee ballot. I have no idea who to vote for. Whats the best argument to sway my vote?

Thanks but I certainly have done a lot of research in that area and I have not been able to decide. (why I am here) It appears you value the existence and sustainability of the Bill of Rights. Is that guiding you in this election?

Thanks but I certainly have done a lot of research in that area and I have not been able to decide. (why I am here) It appears you value the existence and sustainability of the Bill of Rights. Is that guiding you in this election?

If you value modern civilization I'd choose Hillary. We need Roads, food quality standards and education for our children and there's no question that Hillary is the only choice.

She also respects the bill of rights from freedom of speech that Trump wants to curtail on down the list.

She also has the temperament, experience and the record to be president.

Last edited:
I am an undecided voter holding an absentee ballot. I have no idea who to vote for. Whats the best argument to sway my vote?
Trump is mentally and emotionally unstable, morally bankrupt, no integrity, vile, racist, and a man who statistically lies much more than he tells the truth.

While

Consider the odds... What percentage of women would let Trump sexually assault them and not report it over years? Do you think even 50% would? Lets give the benefit and say 1 out of 2 which I would guess is low, meaning more would report it to Someone. Even if not the authorities, reporting it to a news reporter would be a scoop right? Anyway. If Trump has 8 women coming forward that would be like 2 to the power of 8...hmm..lets count it...2,4,8,16, 32, 64, 128, 256 so we are at 1 in 256. Now what are the odds of all 8 not reporting it then but choosing to report it now. A woman who didnt want to go through the scrutiny then and changes her mind. Would it be fair to say half of all women would step up at a later time and report what they didnt want to report then? 256 times 256 =. 1 in 65,536 Play with my numbers, imput your own probabilities and your own variables but you have to admit this does seem very unlikely Lets say only 5 women are considered likely to have been assaulted but chose not to say anything then but will do so now....2, 4, 8, 16, 32...of the 32.. now they chose to not report it to any news media, police etc. then but will do so now..again assuming half of all women would not report at the time but come forward to do so now....32 times 32 = a 1 in 1,024 of it being legit. Thats less than one tenth of a percent!! I would have a better chance of randomly guessing your birthday. If you argue more women are out there but not choosing to come forward now...you would have to add more to the initial calculation of women who would be sexually assaulted but not come forward ever. No matter how you do this and what legitimate variables you use, the odds that Trump really did this is at least in the thousands to 1. Numbers dont lie. This is pretty hard to believe. By the time its all sorted out though, the election will be over and those who are likely behind it will have achieved their goal. There are bad men out there. There are sexual offenders out there but the odds dont support that this is anything but a smear campaign. It is possible Trump got caught talking like an idiot but didnt really do any of this but the video opens the door for publicity bad enough to kill his chances of winning. How much do you think is at stake here with this election? Would it be worth smearing a candidate for those who would have the means to do so...and if so, should we let it happen? People might think Im being insensitive. I just wanted to share why I find this all very hard to believe.I

why are you trollingg and derailing this thread?

If you value modern civilization I'd choose Hillary. We need Roads, food quality standards and education for our children and there's no question that Hillary is the only choice.

She also respects the bill of respects from freedom of speech that Trump wants to curtail on down the list.

She also has the temperament, experience and the record to be president.

Thanks that gives me something to consider.

ROADS - I am in favor of better roads but I am also aware the states are equally responsible. Not a direct point, but one that focuses on transportation infrastructure, DT has been a constant critic of our poor airport qualities, in comparison to other countries.

FOOD -- Are you tying this into the lunch programs or just all food in general? I respect your concern but I don't see it as much of an issue right now.

EDUCATION -- Bingo and I would like DT to address that more. Not that I have been impressed by Clinton so far, but I might have to give you that one. What does concern me is the content of the textbooks and maintaining the correct focus on what kids need to be learning.

So whether I value the virtues of our modern civilization or not, I cant say your statement results in Hillary being the only choice.

I think your next statement was in respect to the Bill of Rights. That I would have to lean to DT. His argument about unfairness and control of the media makes me think the rights belong to those who agree with the left. That's inherently unfair.

Regarding the last statement I would have to call it a draw. I think the temperament argument is very vague and can pertain to multiple levels, such as the private and public distinctions that Clinton suggests. That only confirms the rumors and stories of a nasty person behind the scenes. Its the same person that would process the decision to flip the nuclear switch. Sometimes its best to choose the devil you know vs. the devil you don't.

Forum List

Back