Easter - ABC Style

RSR - I will agree that it is bullshit that people actually give a shit that its called Christmas and actually get offended.. Im in 100% agreement with that. And it does Grind my gears a little when I see it on the news. But it NEVER ruins my Holiday. Im sorry if it ruins yours. I just think you generalize everything against liberals and you never ever ever ever ever say one bad thing about your party. You use the word "LIB" in almost every one of your posts. Every topic you make is a lib bashing thread. Your worse than Anne Coulter.

You defend every scandal and all the shady doings that the current president has done. And you know their are a bunch of them. That's what gets me about you. It's like you think Liberals are evil and Republicans are the cure when the fact is all politicians suck and they are all corrupt.

I have posted many articles and what the ACLU is doing

Not good enough?

Or try this..............

In Pennsylvania, a school district and parents are arguing over whether or not to ban all Christmas celebrations, including the singing of Christmas carols.

In Colorado, the ACLU has threatened to sue a school district over Christmas celebrations, including the singing of "Jingle Bells." The ACLU claims that Jewish students don't feel "safe or welcome" in the school when Christmas is celebrated.

The school district is being defended by the Alliance Defense Fund (ADF). According to ADF lawyer Barry Arrington, "This is the same old ACLU ploy of fear, intimidation and disinformation." The ADF has launched a Christmas Project that provides legal information for schools facing ACLU threats. TVC has posted several links on this issue on our web site.

The attacks on Christmas are not limited to the ACLU. Corporations are now becoming "politically correct" and many are deleting any mention of Christmas in their advertising or stores. Instead, they are using words like "winter holiday" to describe the Christmas season.

In New York, public school officials are denying that Jesus was a real historical figure so they can ban Christmas!

A couple in Virginia recently started a web site to fight back against this anti-Christmas trend. The GrinchList.com site describes what companies are becoming politically correct and lists those that are still promoting Christmas. The mission of the site is to: expose [offending organizations] to the millions of consumers whose heritage is being expunged from the public cultural arena."

GrinchList founders Kirk and Amy McElwain, urge consumers to contact stores that have censored any mention of Christmas and to encourage corporations that have stood strong against the tide of political correctness.
http://www.traditionalvalues.org/modules.php?sid=1333

I have - you are to blind to see it

you have presented evidence that people are upset that christian symbology is being removed from schools and public buildings that are funded by the tax dollars of the society as a whole - many of whom are non-christians. I have never disputed that.

You have NEVER presented any evidence as to how it RUINS Christmas for anyone.

Like I said earlier... do you have any evidence of children actually saying:

"I was so excited for this year's advent season.... I have been listening to the Christmas story at sunday school...I have used my allowance to buy my parents and siblings gifts...I have wrapped them.... my folks and I went out Christmas caroling last weekend.... we got our tree and decorated it...it was beautiful.... I am really getting excited...but then... at school... they let us out for Christmas vacation, but, they called it Winter Vacation instead of Christmas vacation and now...the whole HOLIDAY IS RUINED!!!!"

RSR - I will agree that it is bullshit that people actually give a shit that its called Christmas and actually get offended.. Im in 100% agreement with that. And it does Grind my gears a little when I see it on the news. But it NEVER ruins my Holiday. Im sorry if it ruins yours. I just think you generalize everything against liberals and you never ever ever ever ever say one bad thing about your party. You use the word "LIB" in almost every one of your posts. Every topic you make is a lib bashing thread. Your worse than Anne Coulter.

You defend every scandal and all the shady doings that the current president has done. And you know their are a bunch of them. That's what gets me about you. It's like you think Liberals are evil and Republicans are the cure when the fact is all politicians suck and they are all corrupt.

Is it my fault the left leaning ACLU sues over Chruistmas every year? Why can't people who do not clebrate Chirstmas shut up and let the rest of us enjoy the holiday?

It does ruin the holiday for people

As far as Pres Bush - I have openly disagreed with him on many issues

Libs are not evil - I do not wish any harm to them (unlike MM says to me)

you have presented evidence that people are upset that christian symbology is being removed from schools and public buildings that are funded by the tax dollars of the society as a whole - many of whom are non-christians. I have never disputed that.

You have NEVER presented any evidence as to how it RUINS Christmas for anyone.

Like I said earlier... do you have any evidence of children actually saying:

"I was so excited for this year's advent season.... I have been listening to the Christmas story at sunday school...I have used my allowance to buy my parents and siblings gifts...I have wrapped them.... my folks and I went out Christmas caroling last weekend.... we got our tree and decorated it...it was beautiful.... I am really getting excited...but then... at school... they let us out for Christmas vacation, but, they called it Winter Vacation instead of Christmas vacation and now...the whole HOLIDAY IS RUINED!!!!"

As I said - if it offends some - let them NOT celebrate the holiday. However libs must remove anything that offends them no matter how the rest feels

As I said - if it offends some - let them NOT celebrate the holiday. However libs must remove anything that offends them no matter how the rest feels

when will you ever support your claim that changing the name of the vacation period RUINS the HOLIDAY?

why do you tap dance away from everything?????

when will you ever support your claim that changing the name of the vacation period RUINS the HOLIDAY?

why do you tap dance away from everything?????

I have dumbass and you keep ducking from the facts

The kook left says you can celebrate Christmas but no open displays of trees, cards, decorations, songs, or parties

In all seriousness it is just a name, I doubt there are many public schools, if any that mention christ at all when it comes to christmas, its all about Santa, PS3 and XBOX, if anyone should be concerned, its parents and how their children are being turned into brainwahed consumers, continiously told they need the "New" version of whetever 3 week old piece of shit they have, and it carries on and on, look at mens Razors, how many versions of the same 5 blade razor do we need, 'regular', 'vibrating', 'red', 'lazer guided'

That my friends is the problem with christmas, not libs removing the word, its not about family and love anymore , its about sales and purchases. the attack of Consumerism is what people should be railing against.

I have dumbass and you keep ducking from the facts

The kook left says you can celebrate Christmas but no open displays of trees, cards, decorations, songs, or parties

that is false.... I have the tree in my front yard decorated at Christmas...no one has stopped me from enjoying that. I send cards, I decorate my office. I sing songs throughout my neigborhood and all through the advent season at church...my december calendar is filled with christmas parties to attend.

HOW DOES CHANGING THE NAME OF A SCHOOL'S DECEMBER VACATION FROM "CHRISTMAS VACATION" TO "WINTER VACATION" RUIN THE HOLIDAY FOR ANYONE????

Please just answer that question.

that is false.... I have the tree in my front yard decorated at Christmas...no one has stopped me from enjoying that. I send cards, I decorate my office. I sing songs throughout my neigborhood and all through the advent season at church...my december calendar is filled with christmas parties to attend.

HOW DOES CHANGING THE NAME OF A SCHOOL'S DECEMBER VACATION FROM "CHRISTMAS VACATION" TO "WINTER VACATION" RUIN THE HOLIDAY FOR ANYONE????

Please just answer that question.

At least the ACLU has left private property alone for now. I wonder how long your employer will allow the decorations - until someone in the office is offended by your decorations

As far as renaming the holiday - if you cannot see the insanity there is little hope you for - if there ever was

Let me make an analogy here...I am a football fan. And every damn year there is an organization of Indians that protests the Redskins using the indian as a symbol. It is a joke. But does that ruin the football season for me? Hell no. I just think it's stupid and get on with my life.

So, I think the only people whose holidays are ruined are the ones who cant stand Easter being called Easter and Christmas being called Christmas. Other than that, I dont think most people give a shit, other than you. I really dont care what sign people hang in front of their shops etc. It's still xmas to me.. And when I walk away I say Merry Xmas..:razz:

Let me make an analogy here...I am a football fan. And every damn year there is an organization of Indians that protests the Redskins using the indian as a symbol. It is a joke. But does that ruin the football season for me? Hell no. I just think it's stupid and get on with my life.

So, I think the only people whose holidays are ruined are the ones who cant stand Easter being called Easter and Christmas being called Christmas. Other than that, I dont think most people give a shit, other than you. I really dont care what sign people hang in front of their shops etc. It's still xmas to me.. And when I walk away I say Merry Xmas..:razz:

Hey - they have sued and some teams have had to remove the mascots

Like Christmas they use threats to remove the "offensive" things from public

At least the ACLU has left private property alone for now. I wonder how long your employer will allow the decorations - until someone in the office is offended by your decorations

As far as renaming the holiday - if you cannot see the insanity there is little hope you for - if there ever was

why can't you just explain to me how changing the name of the vacation period RUINS the HOLIDAY?

why can't you back up your assertions with anything of substance?

I ask you again: do you have any evidence of children actually saying:

"I was so excited for this year's advent season.... I have been listening to the Christmas story at sunday school...I have used my allowance to buy my parents and siblings gifts...I have wrapped them.... my folks and I went out Christmas caroling last weekend.... we got our tree and decorated it...it was beautiful.... I am really getting excited...but then... at school... they let us out for Christmas vacation, but, they called it Winter Vacation instead of Christmas vacation and now...the whole HOLIDAY IS RUINED!!!!

why can't you just explain to me how changing the name of the vacation period RUINS the HOLIDAY?

why can't you back up your assertions with anything of substance?

I ask you again: do you have any evidence of children actually saying:

"I was so excited for this year's advent season.... I have been listening to the Christmas story at sunday school...I have used my allowance to buy my parents and siblings gifts...I have wrapped them.... my folks and I went out Christmas caroling last weekend.... we got our tree and decorated it...it was beautiful.... I am really getting excited...but then... at school... they let us out for Christmas vacation, but, they called it Winter Vacation instead of Christmas vacation and now...the whole HOLIDAY IS RUINED!!!!

MM when you were born, did your Mom push to hard and you shot out and hit the wall head first?

This is a parody, but it could be a sign of things to come

Politically-Correct Christmas Holiday Parties

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO: All Employees
RE: Christmas Party
DATE: December 1

I'm happy to inform you that the company Christmas Party will take place on December 23, starting at noon in the banquet room at Luigi's Open Pit Barbecue. No-host bar, but plenty of eggnog! We'll have a small band playing traditional carols...feel free to sing along. And don't be surprised if our CEO shows up dressed as Santa Claus! A Christmas tree will be lit at 1:00 P.M. Exchange of gifts among employees can be done at that time, however, no gift should be over $10.00 to make the giving of gifts easy for everyone's pockets. This gathering is only for employees! A special announcement will be made by our CEO at that time!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Patty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RE: Holiday Party
DATE: December 2

In no way was yesterday's memo intended to exclude our Jewish employees. We recognize that Chanukah is an important holiday which often coincides with Christmas, though unfortunately not this year. However, from now on we're calling it our "Holiday Party". The same policy applies to employees who are celebrating Kwanzaa at this time. There will be no Christmas tree present. No, Christmas carols sung. We will have other types of music for your enjoyment.

Happy now?

Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Patty

DATE: December 3

Regarding the note I received from a member of Alcoholics Anonymous requesting a non-drinking table ... you didn't sign your name. I'm happy to accommodate this request, but if I put a sign on a table that reads, "AA"; you wouldn't be anonymous anymore. How am I supposed to handle this? Somebody? Forget about the gifts exchange, no gifts exchange are allowed since the union members feel that $10.00 is too much money and executives believe $10.00 is very little for a gift.

NO GIFTS EXCHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED.
Patty

DATE: December 7

What a diverse group we are! I had no idea that December 20 begins the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which forbids eating and drinking during daylight hours. There goes the party! Seriously, we can appreciate how a luncheon this time of year does not accommodate our Muslim employees' beliefs. Perhaps Luigi's can hold off on serving your meal until the end of the party-the days are so short this time of year-or else package everything for take home in little foil swans. Will that work?

Meanwhile, I've arranged for members of Overeaters Anonymous to sit farthest from the dessert buffet and pregnant women will get the table closest to the restrooms. Gays are allowed to sit with each other. Lesbians do not have to sit with Gay men, each will have their own table. Yes, there will be flower arrangement for the Gay men's table. To the person asking permission to cross dress, no cross dressing allowed though. We will have booster seats for short people. Low-fat food will be available for those on a diet. We cannot control the salt used in the food we suggest for those people with high blood pressure problems to taste first. There will be fresh fruits as dessert for Diabetics, the restaurant cannot supply "No Sugar" desserts. Sorry!

Did I miss anything?
Patty

DATE: December 8

So December 22 marks the Winter Solstice...what do you expect me to do, a tap-dance on your heads? Fire regulations at Luigi's prohibit the burning of sage by our "earth-based Goddess-worshipping" employees, but we'll try to accommodate your shamanic drumming circle during the band's breaks. Okay???

Patty

DATE: December 9

People, people, nothing sinister was intended by having our CEO dress up like Santa Claus! Even if the anagram of "Santa" does happen to be "Satan" there is no evil connotation to our own "little man in a red suit." It's a tradition, folks, like sugar shock at Halloween or family feuds over the Thanksgiving turkey or broken hearts on Valentine's Day.

Could we lighten up? Please????????? Also the company has changed their mind in announcing the special announcement at the gathering. You will get a notification in the mail sent to your home.

Patty

TO: All #%&$**@ Employees
RE: The %#*&^%@*%^Holiday Party
DATE: December 10

I have no #%&*@*^ idea what the announcement is all about. What the %#&^!@ do I care... I KNOW WHAT I AM GOING TO GET!!!!!!!!!!!! You change your address now and you are dead!!!!!!!!!!!! No more changes of address will be allowed in my office. Try to come in and change your address, I will have you hung from the ceiling in the warehouse!!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarians!?!?!? I've had it with you people!!! We're going to keep this party at Luigi's Open Pit Barbecue whether you like it or not, so you can sit quietly at the table furthest from the "grill of death," as you so quaintly put it, and you'll get your #$%^&*! salad bar, including hydroponic tomatoes. But you know, they have feelings, too. Tomatoes scream when you slice them. I've heard them scream. I'm hearing them scream right now! HA!

I hope you all have a rotten holiday! Drive drunk and die you hear me!!!!!!!!!!!

The ßitch from HËLL!!!!!!!!

DATE: December 14
RE: Patty Lewis and Holiday Party

I'm sure I speak for all of us in wishing Patty Lewis a speedy recovery from her stress-related illness and I'll continue to forward your cards to her at the sanitarium. In the meantime, management has decided to cancel our Holiday Party and give everyone the afternoon of the 23rd off with full pay.

Happy Holidays!

http://wilk4.com/humor/humorm184.htm

true that. The redskins did have to remove the mascot. But it didnt effect my football season. I'm a cowboy fan and I hate the skins. But if some group makes the cowboys remove the star from their helmet. I would be really pissed off.. So I will give you that. Im not sucking up to you though. I still think you are Anne Coulter jr.

Hey - they have sued and some teams have had to remove the mascots

Like Christmas they use threats to remove the "offensive" things from public

true that. The redskins did have to remove the mascot. But it didnt effect my football season. I'm a cowboy fan and I hate the skins. But if some group makes the cowboys remove the star from their helmet. I would be really pissed off.. So I will give you that. Im not sucking up to you though. I still think you are Anne Coulter jr.

I think you are a Chris Matthews want a be

Why is it when liberals get offended over something they rant, rave, pull the racist card, and it all that fails - they use threats of court action to get their way?

I think you are a Chris Matthews want a be

Why is it when liberals get offended over something they rant, rave, pull the racist card, and it all that fails - they use threats of court action to get their way?

why can't you back up your claims of holiday RUIN?

Forum List

Back