Economic Upswing Continues: Economy Added 201K Jobs, Wages Up by $17 Per Month, in August

As far as economics goes...losing the 2010 mid terms was a god send for Barack Obama! If he'd signed Cap & Trade into law as he was advocating...an economy on life support would have most likely "flat lined".

The chances of Cap & Trade passing even if the Dems had held the House were slim to none.

So you can't argue that Barry WANTED Cap & Trade...and you can't argue that Cap & Trade wouldn't have been been a disaster if it were passed...so you seem to be saying we shouldn't hold it against Barack because he advocated for legislation that was so bad for the economy that even Democrats wouldn't have been able to vote for it? You seem to be making my argument that Obama was awful with the economy FOR ME, Gator!

I do not care what the president wants, only want they do. You can view Obama anyway you wish, I really could not care less. My whole point in this thread is that nothing that was mentioned in the OP is new, it all started at least 6 years ago.
Lol
Says someone who trusts career politicians

Do you just randomly make things up to throw out there just the the hell of it?
You want career politicians elected into office, That makes you really stupid and gullible

Wages went up 2.9% and inflation went up 2.9%. So in other words, it's a wash.
Wages went up 2.9% BEFORE taxes, so after tax income has not kept pace with inflation! So it is NOT a wash!

Wages went up 2.9% BEFORE taxes, so after tax income has not kept pace with inflation! So it is NOT a wash!

Taxes were cut, so after tax income did go up.
That, of course, has nothing to do with the unassailable fact that the 2.9% increase in wages is BEFORE tax income.

You are just trying to lie your way out of the fact that AFTER tax income has NOT kept up with the TRUMP Inflation. As a TrumpTard you can NEVER admit the truth about anything!
AFTER tax income has NOT kept up with the TRUMP Inflation.

Liar!

View attachment 215594

Real Disposable Personal Income: Per Capita
Why didn't you show the a graph with the units displayed as a %.
Could it be that it didn't contradict my % statistic so you chose a graph that was deliberately deceptive, like a typical dishonest lying CON$ervoFascist. Why yes, yes it is.
Your same graph as a % change from the start of the year.

fredgraph.png

The chances of Cap & Trade passing even if the Dems had held the House were slim to none.

So you can't argue that Barry WANTED Cap & Trade...and you can't argue that Cap & Trade wouldn't have been been a disaster if it were passed...so you seem to be saying we shouldn't hold it against Barack because he advocated for legislation that was so bad for the economy that even Democrats wouldn't have been able to vote for it? You seem to be making my argument that Obama was awful with the economy FOR ME, Gator!

I do not care what the president wants, only want they do. You can view Obama anyway you wish, I really could not care less. My whole point in this thread is that nothing that was mentioned in the OP is new, it all started at least 6 years ago.
Lol

You want career politicians elected into office, That makes you really stupid and gullible

And here you go again, just making shit up out of thin air.

Considering I vote 3rd party 95% of the time, I would say that just about nobody I vote for is a career politician.

Could you be any more stupid if you tried? Where do you come up with this shit? Have you been drinking again?

Wages went up 2.9% and inflation went up 2.9%. So in other words, it's a wash.

That, of course, has nothing to do with the unassailable fact that the 2.9% increase in wages is BEFORE tax income.

You are just trying to lie your way out of the fact that AFTER tax income has NOT kept up with the TRUMP Inflation. As a TrumpTard you can NEVER admit the truth about anything!

Liar!

View attachment 215594

Could it be that it didn't contradict my % statistic so you chose a graph that was deliberately deceptive, like a typical dishonest lying CON$ervoFascist. Why yes, yes it is.

View attachment 215640

There are dozens of different graphs. I picked the first one I saw.

Could it be that it didn't contradict my % statistic so you chose a graph that was deliberately deceptive,

A graph that showed real disposable income increasing was deceptive? How?

Thanks.

fredgraph-png.215640

Any number over 0% shows you were lying when you said,
"Wages went up 2.9% BEFORE taxes, so after tax income has not kept pace with inflation! So it is NOT a wash!"

Liar!

View attachment 215594

View attachment 215640

Could it be that it didn't contradict my % statistic so you chose a graph that was deliberately deceptive,

Thanks.

fredgraph-png.215640

"Wages went up 2.9% BEFORE taxes, so after tax income has not kept pace with inflation! So it is NOT a wash!"
No, any number less than the INFLATION RATE supports my claim, and as even a liar like you should know the inflation rate is NOT zero.

Liar!

View attachment 215594

View attachment 215640

Thanks.

fredgraph-png.215640

No, any number less than the INFLATION RATE supports my claim, and as even a liar like you should know the inflation rate is NOT zero.

any number less than the INFLATION RATE supports my claim, and as even a liar like you should know the inflation rate is NOT zero.

Can you read your own chart? It says "REAL Disposable Personal Income: Per Capita"

Real means adjusted for inflation. I'm sorry that you need such a simple term to be explained to you.
If the chart showed 0.0%, that would be precisely in line with inflation.
All the months on your chart are positive numbers.
You either knew that, and lied, or didn't know that and you're an idiot.
Which is it? Liar or idiot?

Liar!

View attachment 215594

View attachment 215640

Thanks.

fredgraph-png.215640

any number less than the INFLATION RATE supports my claim, and as even a liar like you should know the inflation rate is NOT zero.

Can you read your own chart? It says "REAL Disposable Personal Income: Per Capita"

Real means adjusted for inflation. I'm sorry that you need such a simple term to be explained to you.
Well however your chart was calculated, it is wrong if it claims real wages have kept up with inflation. Obviously per capita income includes income other than wages, which is probably why you dishonestly chose it in a discussion about WAGES!!!!!

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/realer.pdf
Real average hourly earnings decreased 0.2 percent, seasonally adjusted, from July 2017 to July 2018.

Liar!

View attachment 215594

View attachment 215640

Thanks.

fredgraph-png.215640

Well however your chart was calculated, it is wrong if it claims real wages have kept up with inflation. Obviously per capita income includes income other than wages, which is probably why you dishonestly chose it in a discussion about WAGES!!!!!

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/realer.pdf
Real average hourly earnings decreased 0.2 percent, seasonally adjusted, from July 2017 to July 2018.

Well however your chart was calculated, it is wrong if it claims real wages have kept up with inflation.

What's more likely, both charts are wrong, or your claim is wrong? LOL!

Obviously per capita income includes income other than wages

Other income that's rising faster than inflation. Like dividends. LOL!

Real average hourly earnings decreased 0.2 percent,

Get one that calculates disposable...….

Lol

Considering I vote 3rd party 95% of the time, I would say that just about nobody I vote for is a career politician.

Could you be any more stupid if you tried? Where do you come up with this shit? Have you been drinking again?
This board is loaded with turds just making shit up. Tons of posts that are just name calling. Moderators really need to clean this place up so there are actually intelligent discussions.

Lol

This board is loaded with turds just making shit up. Tons of posts that are just name calling. Moderators really need to clean this place up so there are actually intelligent discussions.
Lol

Lol

Moderators really need to clean this place up so there are actually intelligent discussions.

The moderators would never ban all the liberals.

Lol

Lol
I've said over an over again that I don't like politicians. You are a waste of forum space.

Lol

Moderators really need to clean this place up so there are actually intelligent discussions.

The moderators would never ban all the liberals.
For the record while we almost always disagree you provide good debate.

The BLS Employment Situation report for August shows that the Trump economic upswing is still going strong. The economy added 201,000 jobs in August, and there was a host of other good economic news in the report. Some highlights from the report:

* In August, average hourly earnings for all employees on private non-farm payrolls rose by 10 cents to $27.16. Note that an extra 10 cents per hour multiplied by 22 eight-hour work days equals an extra $17 per month--and keep in mind that this is just the increase for August.

* Over the year, the number of long-term unemployed has declined by 403,000. So over the last year, the number of long-term jobless people has dropped by 403,000. This is a huge improvement over the Obama years--the U-6 unemployment rate remained historically high under Obama. Even when the economy did fairly well under Obama in 2016, the number of long-term unemployed barely changed at all (see, for example, the BLS reports for January through December 2016).

* Mining employment increased by 6,000 in August, after showing little change in July. Since a recent trough in October 2016, the industry has added 104,000 jobs, almost entirely in support activities for mining.

* Employment in construction continued to trend up in August (+23,000) and has increased by 297,000 over the year.
We should vote for democrats and stop this shit right now!

Lol
I've said over an over again that I don't like politicians. You are a waste of forum space.
You are politically correct so that makes you a minion of career politicians....

Did you want to list the Obama economic initiatives that brought about that rate in his last four years, Gator? You give him credit for leaving the economy alone...then give him credit for creating jobs...so which is it?
Obama never did much of anything. He was in over his head on all things, so it was probably for the best.

As far as economics goes...losing the 2010 mid terms was a god send for Barack Obama! If he'd signed Cap & Trade into law as he was advocating...an economy on life support would have most likely "flat lined".

LOL...that was the weakest response EVER, Gator! You don't "care" what Obama wanted? So you basically can't refute my point that what he wanted was TERRIBLE economic policy in the midst of a recession and would have made a slow economy much worse which is why it would have been hard for even Democrats to vote for it? That he was "saved" from that debacle by the Democrats losing Congress in the 2010 midterms?

So that's an example of Barry not having a clue about economics...did you want to provide one that shows he was any better for the rest of his six years?

Lol

Lol

you already used that line and it was bullshit when you used it on me

LOL...that was the weakest response EVER, Gator! You don't "care" what Obama wanted? So you basically can't refute my point that what he wanted was TERRIBLE economic policy in the midst of a recession and would have made a slow economy much worse which is why it would have been hard for even Democrats to vote for it? That he was "saved" from that debacle by the Democrats losing Congress in the 2010 midterms?

So that's an example of Barry not having a clue about economics...did you want to provide one that shows he was any better for the rest of his six years?

I have no need nor desire to refute anything about Obama, I am not here to defend him, never have, never will. If you wish to continue to live in the past and dwell on the previous POTUS, that is your right to do. Enjoy that life.

Again, my whole point is that there is nothing that is happening with the economy right now that is not continuing a trend from the last 6 years.

Forum List

Back