Economics 101

Todd, stop the hypocrisy. You whined when we the taxpayer bailed out the banks and underwrote the survival of the auto industry companies.

Your comment about stock crashes overseas is a Fallacy of Implied Analogy. You give no support.

You whined when we the taxpayer bailed out the banks and underwrote the survival of the auto industry companies.

Link?

This should be a mandatory class for every liberal in America. There is not one thing here in the video that could even be remotely disputed. Not one.

Milton Friedman Part I: Economics 101
Which has led to how many Stock Markets crashes?
Too many.

No stock market crashes in China or Venezuela, eh?
They also have unregulated markets.
That's why their tiny elites are so wealthy compared to the other 99.999999%.
But nice try.

China and Venezuela have unregulated markets?
Are you being treated for that head wound?
Sounds serious.

This should be a mandatory class for every liberal in America. There is not one thing here in the video that could even be remotely disputed. Not one.

Which has led to how many Stock Markets crashes?
Too many.

No stock market crashes in China or Venezuela, eh?
They also have unregulated markets.
That's why their tiny elites are so wealthy compared to the other 99.999999%.
But nice try.

China and Venezuela have unregulated markets?
Are you being treated for that head wound?
Sounds serious.
You want to tell the elite there how to conduct transactions?
The elite make up shit here to hold onto their wealth and the elite there do the same.
Some people ARE more equal than others; even in America.

Todd, stop the hypocrisy. You whined when we the taxpayer bailed out the banks and underwrote the survival of the auto industry companies.

Your comment about stock crashes overseas is a Fallacy of Implied Analogy. You give no support.

You whined when we the taxpayer bailed out the banks and underwrote the survival of the auto industry companies.
Link?
Yep, you did.

Ive never lost money in a stock market crash but I was never in it for short term gain.I could afford to sit tight and sit out the storm. Those who lost money - I have no sympathy with. If they couldnt afford to lose it they were in the wrong game.

However I have seen my government step in to save several banks who we "couldnt allow to fail".

In a similar vein I have seen tax payers money prop up the motor industry because , once again, we " couldnt allow it to fail".

Having done so I rather think that I have a right to some say in how these corrupt people conduct their business. After all. I pick up the tab.

Having done so I rather think that I have a right to some say in how these corrupt people conduct their business. After all. I pick up the tab.

Which company did you "pick up the tab" for? Be specific.
All the UK banks. I think we still "own" all, or part, of a few of them. The sad thing is that no real action was taken after the crash and it will happen again in a few years.
We also had a "scrappage" scheme where you got government backed incentives for part exing your old car for a nice shiny new one. All the motor manufacturers benefited from that.

I am not against government intervention but neither do I favour an open cheque book.

Ive never lost money in a stock market crash but I was never in it for short term gain.I could afford to sit tight and sit out the storm. Those who lost money - I have no sympathy with. If they couldnt afford to lose it they were in the wrong game.

However I have seen my government step in to save several banks who we "couldnt allow to fail".

In a similar vein I have seen tax payers money prop up the motor industry because , once again, we " couldnt allow it to fail".

Which company did you "pick up the tab" for? Be specific.
All the UK banks. I think we still "own" all, or part, of a few of them. The sad thing is that no real action was taken after the crash and it will happen again in a few years.
We also had a "scrappage" scheme where you got government backed incentives for part exing your old car for a nice shiny new one. All the motor manufacturers benefited from that.

I am not against government intervention but neither do I favour an open cheque book.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the US.

Is one of those me whining about "when we the taxpayer bailed out the banks and underwrote the survival of the auto industry companies"?

Because I don't see it.
You know you can copy and paste my actual words if you feel they prove your claim.
Anyone can read your own words hanging your false statement.

Is one of those me whining about "when we the taxpayer bailed out the banks and underwrote the survival of the auto industry companies"?

Because I don't see it.
You know you can copy and paste my actual words if you feel they prove your claim.

If you say so.
So post my words. Hang me right here.
By posting the actual words that prove your claim. Post 'em.

I'll be here, waiting for you to show I'm a big liar. Waiting.
For you to post my words.
Here on this thread. Here.

Because I don't see it.

If you say so.

You don't make the rules. I made the charge, I posted the evidence, and you can't refute it.

It is what tis.

Now refute or keep taking the boot.

Because I don't see it.

If you say so.

You don't make the rules. I made the charge, I posted the evidence, and you can't refute it.

It is what tis.

You were wrong. That's okay.
If you had the evidence, you'd post actual words, instead of links that didn't prove your claim.

Because I don't see it.

If you say so.

It is what tis.

If you had the evidence, you'd post actual words, instead of links that didn't prove your claim.
You can deny your words all you want; I don't care. The evidence is there for anyone who wants to open the links, which is exactly what you requested. Now you want to move the goal posts. You are condemned by your own words.

Because I don't see it.

If you say so.

It is what tis.

You can deny your words all you want; I don't care. The evidence is there for anyone who wants to open the links, which is exactly what you requested. Now you want to move the goal posts. You are condemned by your own words.

Post my actual words, then I can't deny them.
I looked at the links you posted. None of them prove your claim. Not even close.

Try again. Or remain a failure. Makes no difference to me.

Friedman was a brilliant man- of course many economists disagree agree on whether he was correct or not, in particular regarding various portions of his theories.

However, his theory regarding inflation seems to have been proven to be incorrect- since the government has been infusing the country with money for years now and there has been no apparent affect on the inflation rate.

Among Friedman's positions:
Drug policy
Friedman also supported libertarian policies such as legalization of drugs and prostitution. During 2005, Friedman and more than 500 other economists advocated discussions regarding the economic benefits of the legalization of marijuana.[70]

Gay rights
Friedman was also a supporter of gay rights.[71][72] He never specifically supported same-sex marriage, instead saying "I do not believe there should be any discrimination against gays."[72]

Friedman was a brilliant man- of course many economists disagree agree on whether he was correct or not, in particular regarding various portions of his theories.

However, his theory regarding inflation seems to have been proven to be incorrect- since the government has been infusing the country with money for years now and there has been no apparent affect on the inflation rate.

Drug policy
Friedman also supported libertarian policies such as legalization of drugs and prostitution. During 2005, Friedman and more than 500 other economists advocated discussions regarding the economic benefits of the legalization of marijuana.[70]

Gay rights
Friedman was also a supporter of gay rights.[71][72] He never specifically supported same-sex marriage, instead saying "I do not believe there should be any discrimination against gays."[72]

What did his theory say, specifically, that you feel has been refuted by recent events?

In the rational world, they are not left wing.

In the rational world, you are so far right, you make JimBowie look mainstream.

Jake, your post only makes sense when you substitute the phrase "my own personal Bizzaroland private Idaho" for "rational world"
You are now engaging in your own Alinsky imposition of your silliness on me. You are a far supporter of failed economic theories. Go to.
Jake, we're well aware that your redistribution economics fails 100% of the time, that's why you have to lie about it. It's failing in Venezuela, it's failing throughout the EU, it has a 100% fail rate.

Drug policy

Gay rights

What did his theory say, specifically, that you feel has been refuted by recent events?

Generalizing very broadly as I understand his theory is that over expansion of the money supply by the government- in specific terms the Federal Reserve expanding the money supply and the use of that money by the government- i.e. helicoptering the money- leads to over inflation.

Which we have not seen from a large expansion of the money supply.

Forum List

Back