Economist: Trump-China deal "quite a victory for China"

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
President Trump is shaken by the slowing US economy. This is reflected by his weak stance on trade talks. Today economist Nick Marro says:

So we (maybe) get a mini-deal around Chinese ag purchases and some US tariff concessions, but nothing on structural issues. Ie what we almost had last summer. Quite a victory for China... they successfully resist core US demands on their red lines, while securing tariff relief.
Nick Marro on Twitter

President Trump is shaken by the slowing US economy. This is reflected by his weak stance on trade talks. Today economist Nick Marro says:

So we (maybe) get a mini-deal around Chinese ag purchases and some US tariff concessions, but nothing on structural issues. Ie what we almost had last summer. Quite a victory for China... they successfully resist core US demands on their red lines, while securing tariff relief.
Nick Marro on Twitter

Dang, is that this Nick Marro?
Nick Marro, Lead, Global Trade, The Economist Intelligence Unit

That serves on The EIU’s Asia team as lead analyst for China and Macau, as well as supporting analyst for Taiwan.

This is your go to "expert"?

"One of the great things about the China Deal is the fact that, for various reasons, we do not have to go through the very long and politically complex Congressional Approval Process. When the deal is fully negotiated, I sign it myself on behalf of our Country. Fast and Clean!" - President Trump

"One of the great things about the China Deal is the fact that, for various reasons, we do not have to go through the very long and politically complex Congressional Approval Process. When the deal is fully negotiated, I sign it myself on behalf of our Country. Fast and Clean!" - President Trump

didn't he learn anything from Obama...doing that makes it just as easy for the next guy to do away with

didn't he learn anything from Obama...doing that makes it just as easy for the next guy to do away with

As opposed to? Given Congress' ongoing refusal to approve the USMCA, it's not like there's reason to believe they would approve any other trade deals proposed by this administration

There was no "deal."
Just a temporary gesture.
No meat has been taken up.

`

Last edited:
This is only a beginning ....trump even called it phase 1
China is stressing
The "trade war " shuffles on

The NBA did the american people a favor ...normies took a closer look at what the savage chink rat bastids have been up to...chi coms do not enjoy the attention or the blowback especially with HK rs still in the streets..

Nick Marro on Twitter

Kewl, does he speak with the dead along with his fortune telling. Considering the deal hasn't even been put to paper yet, how can he claim to know what's in it?

President Trump is shaken by the slowing US economy. ...
Trump is unshakable, he wins staring contests with solar eclipses.

images

CRACKING DOWN: US to require Chinese officials to report American contacts.

“The Trump administration said Wednesday that it will soon require Chinese officials in the U.S. to notify the State Department ahead of any contacts they plan to have with American educators, researchers and local and state governments. The release of the new rules was accompanied by notices to American educational and research institutions and local governments informing them of the reporting requirement. The change is effective Wednesday.”​

Forum List

Back