should the childless have the right to vote?

attacking another imaginary enemy...the childless....

these people are nutty than a shithouse at a peanut festival
Two things:

1. I don't think Vance actually ever said that the childless shouldn't be allowed to vote but did imply that those with children should have their votes counted more, especially in matters concerning children, like schools.

2. In a way, Vance has a point. Why should the childless have any say over schools, school policies, or anything having to do with children? These people have no skin in the game. It would royally piss me off if childless people were the ones voting for gender crap with children or other woke policies regarding children.

Of course they should. But I am warming up to the idea that unless you serve your country you shouldn't have the right to vote.

By that I mean when someone turns 18 they should have to 1 year of service in army, navy, marines, Air Force, national guard, coast guard, just something. I don't think they should be combat delayed either. Could be disaster relief, washing clothes, picking up trash, just something to serve their country, get some basic training and see what it means to be an American.

At the end of the 1 year they are free and clear. After that 1 year then they can purchase a gun, vote, have access to federal student loan aid, and be eligible for social security.

But after that 1 year they can sign back up for an actual full enlistment and have increased benefits like say another tax free 15,000 added onto their social security, and if they pursue a degree from a short list of valuable fields like dental or medical school, engineering, electrician or HVAC then they can have their debt forgiven if they graduate.

That's how you make America strong. You train young people to be strong and respect their country and then you reward them for it.

2. In a way, Vance has a point. Why should the childless have any say over schools, school policies, or anything having to do with children? These people have no skin in the game. It would royally piss me off if childless people were the ones voting for gender crap with children or other woke policies regarding children.

Take away the taxes I pay for the schools and I am down without having a say in them now that my kids are all grown up

Young couples who choose not to have kids have an equal amount of skin in the game. Why does Vance care whether or not people have kids? Is he of the mind most women should? That's warped.

Forum List

Back