Edie Littlefield Sunby, remember the name

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Remember all the people the Democrats used to trot out that were dying of cancer, and didn't have insurance, and how they shamelessly used them to score points? I wonder if they will use people like Edie Littlefield Sunby now that the real impact of Obamacare is being felt.

Two things have been essential in my fight to survive stage-4 cancer. The first are doctors and health teams in California and Texas: at the medical center of the University of California, San Diego, and its Moores Cancer Center; Stanford University's Cancer Institute; and the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.
The second element essential to my fight is a United Healthcare PPO (preferred provider organization) health-insurance policy.
Since March 2007 United Healthcare has paid $1.2 million to help keep me alive, and it has never once questioned any treatment or procedure recommended by my medical team. The company pays a fair price to the doctors and hospitals, on time, and is responsive to the emergency treatment requirements of late-stage cancer. Its caring people in the claims office have been readily available to talk to me and my providers.
But in January, United Healthcare sent me a letter announcing that they were pulling out of the individual California market. The company suggested I look to Covered California starting in October.
You would think it would be simple to find a health-exchange plan that allows me, living in San Diego, to continue to see my primary oncologist at Stanford University and my primary care doctors at the University of California, San Diego. Not so. UCSD has agreed to accept only one Covered California plan—a very restrictive Anthem EPO Plan. EPO stands for exclusive provider organization, which means the plan has a small network of doctors and facilities and no out-of-network coverage (as in a preferred-provider organization plan) except for emergencies. Stanford accepts an Anthem PPO plan but it is not available for purchase in San Diego (only Anthem HMO and EPO plans are available in San Diego).
So if I go with a health-exchange plan, I must choose between Stanford and UCSD. Stanford has kept me alive—but UCSD has provided emergency and local treatment support during wretched periods of this disease, and it is where my primary-care doctors are.
Before the Affordable Care Act, health-insurance policies could not be sold across state lines; now policies sold on the Affordable Care Act exchanges may not be offered across county lines.

A Stage-4 Gallblader Cancer Survivor Says: I Am One of ObamaCare's Losers - WSJ.com

I even have an old video of her talking about her fight against cancer.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoIgxb7ylbg]Stage 4 Cancer - Lung, Liver, and Gallbladder Surgery - My 6 Year Journey - YouTube[/ame]

And another of her talking about her "Band of Angels."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1NMRjakmtw]My Band of Angels - YouTube[/ame]

Every single person who supported Obamacare helped to cancel this woman's insurance, and make it impossible for her to buy a new plan, you should all be proud.

Politicians of both parties do not hesitate to use appeals to emotion logical fallacies. They both love to use children.

Last edited:
Wait, OP says that "the left" trots out ppl to score political points as a negative. And its so negative in fact that the OP decided to trot out a sick person to score political points

Wait, OP says that "the left" trots out ppl to score political points as a negative. And its so negative in fact that the OP decided to trot out a sick person to score political points

The OP did not say that. The OP reminded you of all the people that you trotted out to justify Obamacare, every single one of which actually got health care, in order to point out the fact that your policy has resulted in exactly the opposite of what you said would happen.

You own it, embrace your choices, and their consequences.

The OP did not say that. The OP reminded you of all the people that you trotted out to justify Obamacare, every single one of which actually got health care, in order to point out the fact that your policy has resulted in exactly the opposite of what you said would happen.

You own it, embrace your choices, and their consequences.

Remember all the people the Democrats used to trot out that were dying of cancer, and didn't have insurance, and how they shamelessly used them to score points?

So you do the same and try to explain it away. Lol...

Quantum: I'm not trying to score points I'm trying to uh shed light on....uh...look man....hey...whatever :lol:

Remember all the people the Democrats used to trot out that were dying of cancer, and didn't have insurance, and how they shamelessly used them to score points? I wonder if they will use people like Edie Littlefield Sunby now that the real impact of Obamacare is being felt.

Two things have been essential in my fight to survive stage-4 cancer. The first are doctors and health teams in California and Texas: at the medical center of the University of California, San Diego, and its Moores Cancer Center; Stanford University's Cancer Institute; and the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.
The second element essential to my fight is a United Healthcare PPO (preferred provider organization) health-insurance policy.
Since March 2007 United Healthcare has paid $1.2 million to help keep me alive, and it has never once questioned any treatment or procedure recommended by my medical team. The company pays a fair price to the doctors and hospitals, on time, and is responsive to the emergency treatment requirements of late-stage cancer. Its caring people in the claims office have been readily available to talk to me and my providers.
But in January, United Healthcare sent me a letter announcing that they were pulling out of the individual California market. The company suggested I look to Covered California starting in October.
You would think it would be simple to find a health-exchange plan that allows me, living in San Diego, to continue to see my primary oncologist at Stanford University and my primary care doctors at the University of California, San Diego. Not so. UCSD has agreed to accept only one Covered California plan—a very restrictive Anthem EPO Plan. EPO stands for exclusive provider organization, which means the plan has a small network of doctors and facilities and no out-of-network coverage (as in a preferred-provider organization plan) except for emergencies. Stanford accepts an Anthem PPO plan but it is not available for purchase in San Diego (only Anthem HMO and EPO plans are available in San Diego).
So if I go with a health-exchange plan, I must choose between Stanford and UCSD. Stanford has kept me alive—but UCSD has provided emergency and local treatment support during wretched periods of this disease, and it is where my primary-care doctors are.
Before the Affordable Care Act, health-insurance policies could not be sold across state lines; now policies sold on the Affordable Care Act exchanges may not be offered across county lines.

A Stage-4 Gallblader Cancer Survivor Says: I Am One of ObamaCare's Losers - WSJ.com

I even have an old video of her talking about her fight against cancer.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoIgxb7ylbg]Stage 4 Cancer - Lung, Liver, and Gallbladder Surgery - My 6 Year Journey - YouTube[/ame]

And another of her talking about her "Band of Angels."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1NMRjakmtw]My Band of Angels - YouTube[/ame]

Every single person who supported Obamacare helped to cancel this woman's insurance, and make it impossible for her to buy a new plan, you should all be proud.

I wish her all the best in her personal struggles, but the reality is, her insurance company was pulling out of individual policies in California anyway after struggling for years on those policies because they could not compete with Blue Cross/Blue Shield, which is entitled to a special tax break that Ms. Sundby's insurance carrier was not.

I was just watching the story. I hope heads roll for this. It's plainly apparent liberals don't care those who are sick and in need. Otherwise, they wouldn't pass a law that forced them all off of their insurance.

Forum List

Back