🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Egypt: Syria Refugees Detained, Coerced to Return

The main gist that I took in was when you said So..:.let me get it straight....Sally is criticizing Egypt for not letting Syrian refugees remain while excusing Israel for not letting Syrian refugees remain?" By the way, we can argue night and day about this, but I doubt any of us on this forum are as brave as some Israelis who are actually going into Jordan to give aid to the Syrian refugees there. The sad thing about the refugees in Jordan is that they are not allowed to work because the Joranians feel these refugees will stay there, and it was felt that Jordan previously had enough trouble with the Palestinian refugees. Since they are not able to work, they have no money, and many are just returning to Syria which, of course, is a dangerous thing to do.

Sally, I have always commended Israel for it's humanitarian services, that is a good thing. I also commend the many countries who are trying to house the refugees on a short term basis. Many of them are fairly poor and have their own internal troubles and income inequality to deal with - they are not equipt to handle a flood of refugees. It's a bad situation all around and a very destabilizing one for the Middle East, with no clear path to a solution. There are many good people trying to help.

I agree with everything you say regarding these refugees. It is a sad, sad situation, and one wonders when it will ever end. I certainly hope that everyone on this forum, as the holiday season approaches, remembers these people and give a contribution to a relief agency to help them. They have so little, and anything they get will certainly be appreciated by them.

Very true.

It's horrible, and it's not looking to get better any time soon, not at all :( Thing is, they're just ordinary people like you and I - one day, going to work, school, family events...the next homeless, stateless, running for their lives. You read about little kids who had to bury their parents and your heart breaks.

We have groups collecting donations where I work, and a Syrian relief is one of them. I haven't decided to whom or what I will give yet this year, but I'm thinking that would be one of them.

Forum List

Back