Egyptians didnt call their leaders "pharaohs"

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
They called them "Kings"
Why does the bible interpret Exodus was referring to egypt when the people that called the Kings pharaohs were the Greeks and Hebrews, and not the egyptians?
Is there something in the bible i have missed that mentions the egyptians?

They called them "Kings"
Why does the bible interpret Exodus was referring to egypt when the people that called the Kings pharaohs were the Greeks and Hebrews, and not the egyptians?

In reference to the book called "exodus" in the bible------the country of location of the action is ----
specifically EGYPT----by name -------the book, itself, is written in Hebrew. What is the nature
of your confusion

They called them "Kings"

In reference to the book called "exodus" in the bible------the country of location of the action is ----
specifically EGYPT----by name -------the book, itself, is written in Hebrew. What is the nature
of your confusion
Yes, Hebrew. The Hebrews are the ones that called egyptian kings "pharaohs", right?
What does the original hebrew bible call egypt?

They called them "Kings"

of your confusion
Yes, Hebrew. The Hebrews are the ones that called egyptian kings "pharaohs", right?

something like Mitzraim -----which is sorta like something like what
Egyptians called it-------also similar to the Arabic word for that land.
I do not know from where or why the Hebrew word to designate yul
Brenner got developed. some guy named "strong" could tell us?

They called them "Kings"

of your confusion

Brenner got developed. some guy named "strong" could tell us?
Misr?

They called them "Kings"

of your confusion

Brenner got developed. some guy named "strong" could tell us?[/QUOTE

Misr?

whatevah------how evah some people try to represent that word

They called them "Kings"
The Torah uses both term.
King refers to the responsible national leader.
Paroah refers to the arrogance granted by the position.
Pah-Row is Pah (mouth) and Row (evil), actually pronounced Peh Rah.

They called them "Kings"
The Torah uses both term.
King refers to the responsible national leader.
Paroah refers to the arrogance granted by the position.
Pah-Row is Pah (mouth) and Row (evil), actually pronounced Peh Rah.

really Independent? you ain't FUN'EN with us? how do you spell it--------
I mean how it appears in DA HAGADA ?

Pharaoh is a middle English word translated from the Greek, Hebrew, Egyptian phonetics.

Pharaoh - Wikipedia

I'm going with Wiki, just because I'm lazy and it's close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades. Your results may vary. The footnotes link to this exegesis of the word.

Pesach-Haggadah Abravanel-Comment explained by Ari Lipinski

It's all one could ask for in a German scholar's website, perfectly in character. For a real treat try reading any German scholar's treatises on theology and history. It explains a lot about Germany and Germans. A typical book will run 600 pages, of which 250 will be footnotes, and another 150 appendices. lol

Last edited:

Forum List

Back