Einstein said WW3 will be fought with sticks and stones

Not affected by EMP ...

Typical-AR-15-1024x301.jpg
It is not the EMP that would cause us to go to the stone age as much as having almost all infrastructure, organization, government and most of the worlds populace destroyed.

I do not think that his comment was specifically to nukes either. It was about how weapons in general were getting far more powerful far faster than ever before. In 100 years, nukes are going to look like toys compared to the weapons that will be developed.

Not affected by EMP ...

And should the US and Russia each throw a thousand nukes, only part of each nations arsenal, just how is that going to be a big help? A regular deer rifle would be much more useful for such game as survived, and there just will not be that many people surviving to fight a war.

I guess I should point out... hunting wildlife for food wouldn't exactly be a good idea after a nuclear war... as you wouldn't know if they are contaminated with radiation. Much like the wild boar problem they have near Chernobyl, and the many reindeer that had to be put down recently that contained high levels of radiation.

Chernobyl Disaster Leaves Radioactive Wild Boars Roaming Germany - NBC News

Norway’s radioactive reindeer

Not affected by EMP ...

And should the US and Russia each throw a thousand nukes, only part of each nations arsenal, just how is that going to be a big help? A regular deer rifle would be much more useful for such game as survived, and there just will not be that many people surviving to fight a war.

Nope. This is a better rifle for deer hunting overall. In the hands of a good marksman they can be as accurate, and if they have been accurized are MORE accurate than a deer rifle. They do less damage to the meat, have a smaller firing signature, can be easily fired by women and teenagers in an emergency, and, in the highly unlikely event of a post apocalyptic scenario are far superior to a deer rifle in a defensive shooting situation.

Not affected by EMP ...

I guess I should point out... hunting wildlife for food wouldn't exactly be a good idea after a nuclear war... as you wouldn't know if they are contaminate with radiation. Much like the wild boar problem they have near Chernobyl, and the many reindeer that had to be put down recently that contained high levels of radiation.

If you can live in the region the critters will be fine. If you are passing through it will be a question, then you have to do inspections to determine the safety of the meat.

Not affected by EMP ...

I guess I should point out... hunting wildlife for food wouldn't exactly be a good idea after a nuclear war... as you wouldn't know if they are contaminate with radiation. Much like the wild boar problem they have near Chernobyl, and the many reindeer that had to be put down recently that contained high levels of radiation.

If you can live in the region the critters will be fine. If you are passing through it will be a question, then you have to do inspections to determine the safety of the meat.

But people live in Norway just fine, but the reindeer have high levels of radiation from eating the foliage that is contaminated with the radiation.

Not affected by EMP ...

I guess I should point out... hunting wildlife for food wouldn't exactly be a good idea after a nuclear war... as you wouldn't know if they are contaminated with radiation. Much like the wild boar problem they have near Chernobyl, and the many reindeer that had to be put down recently that contained high levels of radiation.

Really wouldn't matter. You would also be contaminated, and facing the choice of immediate death from starvation or the possibility of death at a later date from the radiation in the animal and you. Those that survived would invariably choose not to die of hunger.

Not affected by EMP ...

LOL After a full nuclear exchange, there will not be much of the world that is not contaminated to a level that is dangerous. Cancer will become a major killer among the survivors. Yes, the specie will probably survive, but it will be a brutal life, and a short one for most. And that way for at least a couple of generations.

Not affected by EMP ...

Nope. This is a better rifle for deer hunting overall. In the hands of a good marksman they can be as accurate, and if they have been accurized are MORE accurate than a deer rifle. They do less damage to the meat, have a smaller firing signature, can be easily fired by women and teenagers in an emergency, and, in the highly unlikely event of a post apocalyptic scenario are far superior to a deer rifle in a defensive shooting situation.
Having shot one of those, I will take my Savage 250 over any of them. I think I would even prefer my 22 Mag. As for defensive shooting, there might be a little of that, but, in a full nuclear exchange, I think that would be rare.

Not affected by EMP ...

LOL After a full nuclear exchange, there will not be much of the world that is not contaminated to a level that is dangerous. Cancer will become a major killer among the survivors. Yes, the specie will probably survive, but it will be a brutal life, and a short one for most. And that way for at least a couple of generations.

Anyone who will die from radiation poisoning will succumb within 5 months. After that, provided you stay away from localized hot spots you will be safe. The same go's for the critters. There are reams of paper produced by the government that explain how to survive a nuclear wasteland.

Not affected by EMP ...

Having shot one of those, I will take my Savage 250 over any of them. I think I would even prefer my 22 Mag. As for defensive shooting, there might be a little of that, but, in a full nuclear exchange, I think that would be rare.

Then you are a fool. Savage 99? or a 110? Your max effective range is 500 yards. The AR is good for 700 yards with standard 62 grain ammo. Up the projectiles to 80 grain VLD's and now you can accurately hit out to 1000 yards. For someone who claims to be all interested in technology you are sure interested in staying with obsolete hardware.

Not affected by EMP ...

Then you are a fool. Savage 99? or a 110? Your max effective range is 500 yards. The AR is good for 700 yards with standard 62 grain ammo. Up the projectiles to 80 grain VLD's and now you can accurately hit out to 1000 yards. For someone who claims to be all interested in technology you are sure interested in staying with obsolete hardware.
This cartridge is much closer in performance to the .223 Remington than the .243 Winchester or .257 Roberts. That said, the .250 Savage does of course duplicate the performance of the .243 and .257 when the latter are used at longer ranges. In like fashion, the 100 grain bullet produces fastest killing when either striking the CNS or to maximize wounding and bleeding, placed to strike the forwards locomotive muscles and bones of the foreleg. Readers are encouraged to read both the .223 and .243 texts in order to gain a thorough understanding of game killing with small calibers.

.250-3000/.250 Savage

Savage 99e, hand loaded with standard powder load, a 117 gr bullet. If your AR is a .223, then it will match or exceed that gun.

Not affected by EMP ...

This cartridge is much closer in performance to the .223 Remington than the .243 Winchester or .257 Roberts. That said, the .250 Savage does of course duplicate the performance of the .243 and .257 when the latter are used at longer ranges. In like fashion, the 100 grain bullet produces fastest killing when either striking the CNS or to maximize wounding and bleeding, placed to strike the forwards locomotive muscles and bones of the foreleg. Readers are encouraged to read both the .223 and .243 texts in order to gain a thorough understanding of game killing with small calibers.

.250-3000/.250 Savage

Savage 99e, hand loaded with standard powder load, a 117 gr bullet. If your AR is a .223, then it will match or exceed that gun.

Not for accuracy. I use a Evolution barrel and get sub 1/2 MOA accuracy all the way out to 1000 yards. It's so good I have a Leupold MK 4 6.5-20 mounted on it. Your Savage will be good for 1.5 to 2 MOA accuracy, which is pretty damned good for a lever gun (equal to the bolt action hunters), but doesn't hold a candle to my AR. Granted the barrel is free floated, and I have a match grade trigger on it, but that's the beauty of the AR system. It's modular, you can plug in anything you want based on what the particular job you have in mind for it is.

Not affected by EMP ...

I rather doubt that to be honest. A full nuke exchange would be devastating, of course, but it would not outright kill the majority of the population. Without infrastructure you would find a LOT of people fighting over the very little food that would remain.

Screw you guys and your guns... I've got one hell of a sling shot, and I am bad ass with a boomerang.

I hear ya. Even though you might have enough bullets to last for several years, eventually your gunpowder will run out. Me personally? Give me a decent quality crossbow any day of the week.

That, or a compound bow with aluminum arrows.

Screw you guys and your guns... I've got one hell of a sling shot, and I am bad ass with a boomerang.

I hear ya. Even though you might have enough bullets to last for several years, eventually your gunpowder will run out. Me personally? Give me a decent quality crossbow any day of the week.

That, or a compound bow with aluminum arrows.

Thing about gun powder is, I saw a show where you can take charcoal and mix it with salt peter and sulfur. Those aren't things that are all that hard to get.

Funny thing about salt peter, it is supposed to keep guys from getting a hard on (rumor), and everyone at boot camp would spread rumors they put it in the salt in the mess hall. I heard it was false, but who knows.

Forum List

Back