Electric blankets...

Here where I live we had frost for 3 days in a row last week. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to be exact. So, what has happened? Out comes the damned electric blanket. The wife has put the electric blanket on the bed and I won't be able to get her to take it off the bed until maybe next May. She puts her side on broil and I never turn my side on but yet it is magically turned on the next morning when I wake up - sweating. I look over at the wife and Nellie, the beagle, both of whom look like somebody needs to stick a fork in 'em and turn them over so they will cook on the other side. The real kicker is that for the last two days the temps have been in the 80's. I believe the person who invented the electric blanket should be given a tar and feather party and promptly run out of town on a rail. Who is in agreement?

electric blankets will magnetize the iron in your blood and you will wake up pointing north in the morning.

Funny electric blanket story.

We were spending the night at a friends house...and i was ROASTING and turned my side to low. My husband was FREEZING and turned his up all the way! It turns out the controls were on the wrong sides...so i was freezing him and he was roasting me. :lol:

LOL, been there got roasted the same way too.

My much better half dragged the electric blanket out of storage two nights ago.

I wonder when I'll get around to telling her that I pulled that breaker last year.

But as long as she feels warmer having it on the bed, I'll put it off for another day.

Electric blankets are good to preheat a bed on a cold night.

And for keeping the cats happy during the day.

life is good!

Yup. He's a shelter kitty. And he's currently trying to get my attention by either standing between me and the computer screen or climbing on TOP of the computer screen. :lol:

Just keep him off the keyboard!
cat-on-the-laptop.jpg

Here where I live we had frost for 3 days in a row last week. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to be exact. So, what has happened? Out comes the damned electric blanket. The wife has put the electric blanket on the bed and I won't be able to get her to take it off the bed until maybe next May. She puts her side on broil and I never turn my side on but yet it is magically turned on the next morning when I wake up - sweating. I look over at the wife and Nellie, the beagle, both of whom look like somebody needs to stick a fork in 'em and turn them over so they will cook on the other side. The real kicker is that for the last two days the temps have been in the 80's. I believe the person who invented the electric blanket should be given a tar and feather party and promptly run out of town on a rail. Who is in agreement?

Why don't you accidently lose the electric blanket and get the wife some thermal underwear and wool socks instead?:eusa_whistle:

FYI, I believe that electric blankets are TERRIBLE unhealthy for you.

Lying under the electromagnetic distortions that electic blankets create just seems like a silly risk to take when one can just put another blanket on the bed.

The only way I can get my blanket to be electric is build up friction when underneath it...........

Forum List

Back