Electric vehicle subsidies under threat. MAGA

It might delay widespread use of electric cars for a little while, but Trump won't be president much longer, and we can return to sanity with the inauguration of our next president. An inauguration that will no doubt be much bigger than Trump's. I wouldn't be surprised if that Nobel Prize is awarded on election night.
/——/ You do know that Chevy killed the Volt because of low demand and they had the subsidies? You do know that don’t you?

All major car manufacturers have killed lots of car models because of low demand. Chevy made improvements, and is offering the improved model for sale again

Chevy is teh suck in 2019

I think I'd like to know why private investment hasn't kicked in to make it completely viable.

It might delay widespread use of electric cars for a little while, but Trump won't be president much longer, and we can return to sanity with the inauguration of our next president.

So, they won't be adopted unless the taxpayers subsidize them?

Gasoline powered cars wouldn't have been accepted without tax payers subsidizing the oil companies. There were no fueling stations and no infrastructure to keep them supplied, and very few suitable roads for cars. Without a concentrated effort by the government to support oil companies and car manufacturers with huge grants and tax incentives, we wouldn't have become the industrial giant we became in the early 20th century.

FDR's depression-era National Recovery Act granted lucrative federal contracts and some subsidies to that era's auto industry.
/——/ I’m talking about 1900, not 35 years later,

Government investing in private business for the public good is still government investing in private business for the public good, no matter when It is done.

It might delay widespread use of electric cars for a little while, but Trump won't be president much longer, and we can return to sanity with the inauguration of our next president.

Gasoline powered cars wouldn't have been accepted without tax payers subsidizing the oil companies. There were no fueling stations and no infrastructure to keep them supplied, and very few suitable roads for cars. Without a concentrated effort by the government to support oil companies and car manufacturers with huge grants and tax incentives, we wouldn't have become the industrial giant we became in the early 20th century.

FDR's depression-era National Recovery Act granted lucrative federal contracts and some subsidies to that era's auto industry.

Government investing in private business for the public good is still government investing in private business for the public good, no matter when It is done.

I think I'd like to know why private investment hasn't kicked in to make it completely viable.

"President Donald Trump has threatened to kill one of the signature efforts of the Obama administration, but today White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow confirmed it: Trump will end subsidies for electric cars.

The move, which Kudlow said would happen in 2020 or 2021, covers other items including renewable energy sources. He revealed he plans in response to a question about what the administration plans to do in response to General Motors’ recently revealed plant closings and employee layoffs."

Trump to End Electric Vehicle Subsidies by 2021 | TheDetroitBureau.com
pohahahahaa while other countries are going forward trump is dragging the US backwards.

Why can’t we go forward without subsidies for the rich that get the tax breaks as they are about the only ones that own one. I like my Volt but I never got a subsidy and I pay more to tag my vehicle.

Do we really need the subsidies when sales are going up?
The government should subsidizing farmers, amazon, big corporations first...dont you think ?

Nope, they should not. They need to stand on their own or close. We need to cut spending and raise taxes until we get the government spending under control and start lowering the debt.
I'm for that cut sbaudies, lower military spending by 70%, secret service for trumps family, his trips, etc...

Military is not a subsidy, it is essential for national security. The Secret Service protects every living President, not just Trump, so you want Clinton, Bush, Obama and Trump to not have any security? I don't care about vacations and trips for any President, it just seems you want to go after Trump, in this country it doesn't work that way what is good for one President, is good for all. So when someone you like gets elected, they won't have protection, they won't have paid trips, they won't have anything else you want to strip from Trump.

I am all for cutting the budget by 25% across the board, cut all corporate subsidies 100%, cut NPR and Amtrak by 100%. We could also raise taxes on everyone by 10% for a limited time until we get spending under control and our debt paid off.

/—-/ Bullshyt

Read a book.

21953383, member: 60420"]

/—-/ Bullshyt

Read a book.[/QUOTE]
/——/ I’ve read dozens of books on the early days of the auto industry.

Gasoline powered cars weren't completely viable for several years after the government started investing in them. The reason for subsidizing oil companies was to make the car viable. It still took a while.

Yet another example of Trump's contempt for sound responsible governance and public policy.

If the technology were viable it wouldn't NEED government subsidies. I find it amusing that you, who claim to be for the little guy, support stealing money from the little guy to subsidize the rich, who are the only people who can afford EV's in the first place.

Talk about a moronic position. Why do you hate the middle class?

I have to agree with dickface on this.

Why thank you Aunt Max's pussy.

Gasoline powered cars weren't completely viable for several years after the government started investing in them. The reason for subsidizing oil companies was to make the car viable. It still took a while.

How long have we been subsidizing this electric fantasy?

That's nice, Felicia.

Could be because it would take so long before a good return on investment without government help. The country won't lose money on a more reliable and cheaper car, but most investors are wanting a quick return, and there just isn't enough investor money to give electric cars the boost they need. Same problem Henry Ford had before we subsidized roads and fuel to make his cars more viable.

Yet another example of Trump's contempt for sound responsible governance and public policy.

If the technology were viable it wouldn't NEED government subsidies. I find it amusing that you, who claim to be for the little guy, support stealing money from the little guy to subsidize the rich, who are the only people who can afford EV's in the first place.

Talk about a moronic position. Why do you hate the middle class?

I used to think you were smart.

Thank you Mary.

That's nice, Felicia.

Sure thing dimwit.

Could be because it would take so long before a good return on investment without government help. The country won't lose money on a more reliable and cheaper car, but most investors are wanting a quick return, and there just isn't enough investor money to give electric cars the boost they need. Same problem Henry Ford had before we subsidized roads and fuel to make his cars more viable.

You didn't answer the question.

It might delay widespread use of electric cars for a little while, but Trump won't be president much longer, and we can return to sanity with the inauguration of our next president. An inauguration that will no doubt be much bigger than Trump's. I wouldn't be surprised if that Nobel Prize is awarded on election night.
/——/ You do know that Chevy killed the Volt because of low demand and they had the subsidies? You do know that don’t you?

All major car manufacturers have killed lots of car models because of low demand. Chevy made improvements, and is offering the improved model for sale again

/——/ GM to kill Chevy Volt production in 2019 (Updated)

Forum List

Back