Elitism blindness

Why is it that the right labels Hollywood elites as all of the bad aspects of rich excess in America but ignores these aspects on trump? He has the most blatant cases of nepotism in recent history shoeing his kids into prominent admin roles and through security checks. Not to mention the guy is textbook elitist in general. Everything he does must be grandstanded and flashy. He must be celebrated and not criticized. He essentially IS the Hollywood elite that the right cries about.
Holy shit

Agree.
Looks like a professional shark-jumper, to me.
What does this even mean? My post is in response to news of the university mail fraud scandal. I saw right wingers framing it as Hollywood elites being disgusting simply because the face of the accused were a few actors. All the sudden they have a problem with elitist and illegal nepotism while we've had 2 years of el cheeto parading it himself with not a peep from the trumpets. Kushner, Ivanka, Don Jr., and the larger trump org are making serious bank right now and arent even qualified or secure enough to be part of the admin. We will see once the dust has settled and the true journalists have done their diligence - none from FOX of course. I'm sure it will be hypocritcally ignored or evaded.

When you can seperate apples and oranges, and post like a coherent average USMB poster instead of trying to sound like you are writing a doctoral thesis, get back to us.

Why is it that the right labels Hollywood elites as all of the bad aspects of rich excess in America but ignores these aspects on trump? He has the most blatant cases of nepotism in recent history shoeing his kids into prominent admin roles and through security checks. Not to mention the guy is textbook elitist in general. Everything he does must be grandstanded and flashy. He must be celebrated and not criticized. He essentially IS the Hollywood elite that the right cries about.
Trump is one of us, he worked hard, never forgot how to build a business,, think about what trump has done and he’s not Jewish, he had none of those connections like a rich Jewish family has.. he’s amazing
Not sure what the Jewish connections is, but trump had great connections and assets he inherited from his father's legacy. We can assume he has worked hard but it's not a measurable concrete metric, and so does most of everyone else. His past is riddled with questionable or downright illegal business practices. You dont have to look far to find it.
I’ve been to a couple bar mitzvah That room is full of rich jews and the party isn’t for the kid it’s for biz networking.

Trump didn’t have that, he used money and turned it in to hundreds of millions.. through hard work. That’s why he’s respected, he leaned on no one.
That's patently false, though. He took advantage of his father's money, business, assets. Not sure why you would double down on it. It's not the same as your perspective on Jewish culture but it's far far far from nothing.
No one turns a few millions into billions. Get a life. If you ever been to any trump properties they are absolutely beautiful, very detailed, a true experience. That wasn’t done on a computer he detailed his property, it took hard work. Give the man the respect he deserves

Trump is one of us, he worked hard, never forgot how to build a business,, think about what trump has done and he’s not Jewish, he had none of those connections like a rich Jewish family has.. he’s amazing
Not sure what the Jewish connections is, but trump had great connections and assets he inherited from his father's legacy. We can assume he has worked hard but it's not a measurable concrete metric, and so does most of everyone else. His past is riddled with questionable or downright illegal business practices. You dont have to look far to find it.
I’ve been to a couple bar mitzvah That room is full of rich jews and the party isn’t for the kid it’s for biz networking.

Trump didn’t have that, he used money and turned it in to hundreds of millions.. through hard work. That’s why he’s respected, he leaned on no one.
That's patently false, though. He took advantage of his father's money, business, assets. Not sure why you would double down on it. It's not the same as your perspective on Jewish culture but it's far far far from nothing.
No one turns a few millions into billions. Get a life. If you ever been to any trump properties they are absolutely beautiful, very detailed, a true experience. That wasn’t done on a computer he detailed his property, it took hard work. Give the man the respect he deserves
Back up bro. You are trying to say he leaned on no one. That is where you are wrong. Admit it. Theres a fat editorial about it out there how much he gained from his father's business. And I did give him credit for working hard. And I also said most of us work hard. Most of us also didnt start with a business framework and significant scratch, though. There are millions out there working their asses off multiple jobs and raising a family that are getting shit on. It's a piss poor perspective to equate relative success directly and solely to the vague "hard work".

Back up bro. You are trying to say he leaned on no one. That is where you are wrong. Admit it. Theres a fat editorial about it out there how much he gained from his father's business. And I did give him credit for working hard. And I also said most of us work hard. Most of us also didnt start with a business framework and significant scratch, though. There are millions out there working their asses off multiple jobs and raising a family that are getting shit on. It's a piss poor perspective to equate relative success directly and solely to the vague "hard work".
Yes he got help from his father, he inherited money Lol that goes on every day!

NO ONE TURNS A FEW MILLION IN TO hundreds of billions!
Get a life leave the man alone. He’s the best ever!

Holy shit

Agree.
What does this even mean? My post is in response to news of the university mail fraud scandal. I saw right wingers framing it as Hollywood elites being disgusting simply because the face of the accused were a few actors. All the sudden they have a problem with elitist and illegal nepotism while we've had 2 years of el cheeto parading it himself with not a peep from the trumpets. Kushner, Ivanka, Don Jr., and the larger trump org are making serious bank right now and arent even qualified or secure enough to be part of the admin. We will see once the dust has settled and the true journalists have done their diligence - none from FOX of course. I'm sure it will be hypocritcally ignored or evaded.

When you can seperate apples and oranges, and post like a coherent average USMB poster instead of trying to sound like you are writing a doctoral thesis, get back to us.
Explain why what I've laid out is apples vs oranges. If you are going to post at all, the rules require you do so on topic or face the mods.

I'm not sure what it is you find problematic with my language. I try to use words in a way where people cant misundersand, and also provide a layer or two of reasoning or countering to the obvious low hanging fruit responses to save everyone's time.

The average USMB poster is angry, senile, sharply biased, and racist. It's like they really need a good shit, sleep, and a few dozen hugouts with their caricatured and scapegoated boogeymen. See the thousands of daily mindwars posts. It's all fleeting rants. Sad, really.

Holy shit

Agree.

Explain why what I've laid out is apples vs oranges. If you are going to post at all, the rules require you do so on topic or face the mods.

I'm not sure what it is you find problematic with my language. I try to use words in a way where people cant misundersand, and also provide a layer or two of reasoning or countering to the obvious low hanging fruit responses to save everyone's time.

The average USMB poster is angry, senile, sharply biased, and racist. It's like they really need a good shit, sleep, and a few dozen hugouts with their caricatured and scapegoated boogeymen. See the thousands of daily mindwars posts. It's all fleeting rants. Sad, really.

Comparing indicted Hollywood elites (apples) to an unindicted sitting President (oranges), for starters.
Verbose over-educated idiots like yourself, are adept at making false comparisons.

Hundreds of billions? Lol. Man you are one of those senile batty types I've mentioned here. Trump's net worth isnt even known because he has tried so hard to hide it. He is not a guy that hides good things. Hes a braggart. If he had all A's he wouldnt have buried under threat all of his transcripts. If he was the billionaire you say, he wouldnt have hidden all his financials during the campaign. My guess is that he and his organization have a massive amount of debt.

Are you capable of saying one bad thing about him? One thing you dont like? Maybe just about something he's done?

Holy shit

Agree.

Comparing indicted Hollywood elites (apples) to an unindicted sitting President (oranges), for starters.
Verbose over-educated idiots like yourself, are adept at making false comparisons.
Trump is a Hollywood elite. Prove me wrong. He has the credentials. Being voted president doesnt exonerate him.

He stands accused of cheating the security clearance process for his kids. Release the docs. You guys love that stuff, right? Do you really think Ivanka and Jared of all people, early 30s entrepreneurs, are the best equipped to run international negotiations in the freaking middle east of all places? Do you really think their international business deals and liabilities will have no influence over their official actions?

So Trump, a Hollywood elite, got his kids into prominent roles they are not qualified for with his clout as president and alleged forceful manipulation of the clearance process. Compare to wealthy folks getting their kids into colleges that they are not qualified for via bribes and manipulation. The common thread is there. Kid doesn't deserve the position on merit, elite parent dubiously pulls strings to make it happen.

Hundreds of billions? Lol. Man you are one of those senile batty types I've mentioned here. Trump's net worth isnt even known because he has tried so hard to hide it. He is not a guy that hides good things. Hes a braggart. If he had all A's he wouldnt have buried under threat all of his transcripts. If he was the billionaire you say, he wouldnt have hidden all his financials during the campaign. My guess is that he and his organization have a massive amount of debt.

Are you capable of saying one bad thing about him? One thing you dont like? Maybe just about something he's done?
Yes he won’t deputize me so I can kill illegals

That would be a crime to kill an illegal for simply being illegal. Against humanity, against god, and in US law. On American soil they have the constitutional right to due process even as a non-citizen. This is why they dont want to close guantanamo and bring a those terrorists in.

That would be a crime to kill an illegal for simply being illegal. Against humanity, against god, and in US law. On American soil they have the constitutional right to due process even as a non-citizen. This is why they dont want to close guantanamo and bring a those terrorists in.
Yes they do but they have caused this country harm and must be delt with immediately,, we must protect our kids future

Trump may have had some seed money from his father, but just look at what he did with it. It was hard work on his behalf.
He could have lost it all.

I really get tired of all the wealth envy.

Trump may have had some seed money from his father, but just look at what he did with it. It was hard work on his behalf.

My dislike of trump has nothing to do with wealth envy. I think you all have the wealth envy and are thereby giving him the free pass on poor behavior and attitude.

I respect plenty of self made wealthy people who have worked hard and not been rebuffed by the law and allegations of misconduct at every turn. I am however not supportive of supply side trickle down economics further enriching these few successful people at the detriment of everyone else. Hyper concentrated wealth and power is damaging to our economy and society and shouldnt be helped by the government. That shouldnt be mistaken for me saying I want their money, or they need to be punished or robbed. If they are receiving favors that hurt competition, ending the favor train isnt a punishment. It's a correction of bad policy back to true competition that is supposed to overwhelmingly benefit the consumer.

My dislike of trump has nothing to do with wealth envy. I think you all have the wealth envy and are thereby giving him the free pass on poor behavior and attitude.

I respect plenty of self made wealthy people who have worked hard and not been rebuffed by the law and allegations of misconduct at every turn. I am however not supportive of supply side trickle down economics further enriching these few successful people at the detriment of everyone else. Hyper concentrated wealth and power is damaging to our economy and society and shouldnt be helped by the government. That shouldnt be mistaken for me saying I want their money, or they need to be punished or robbed. If they are receiving favors that hurt competition, ending the favor train isnt a punishment. It's a correction of bad policy back to true competition that is supposed to overwhelmingly benefit the consumer.
Let me know when the laws have been broken, and not just rumors and whispers of impropriety.
How is wealth and (power?) damaging our economy? You can take all the money from the wealthy, and it wouldn't add a dime to your pocket.

Let me know when the laws have been broken, and not just rumors and whispers of impropriety.
How is wealth and (power?) damaging our economy? You can take all the money from the wealthy, and it wouldn't add a dime to your pocket.
Hyper concentrated wealth and power akin to an oligarchy where they pull the strings with privileged access to legislative process making elections a sham. Where corporate funded and biased opposition research buries the negative externalities of their cost cutting business ventures.

What good is 30k a year and limited savings in our society when someone has half a trillion and can wield that to bend markets and policy to their whim? When they are able to do this, competition dies, the voice and wellbeing of the working class is minimized, and it is all done legally because the legislative and judicial processes have been compromised.

Have you ever played a video game that is pay-to-win and not paid yourself? It's not so fun. Same thing, though.

Laws are broken all the time. Fraud is rampant. Look at Paul Manafort, he had been riding free for awhile UNTIL the Mueller investigation. Law language can be changed, oversight diminished, and enforcement ignored. Law can and is crafted with loopholes sometimes for those that can afford them.

Anti trust law has been on the shelf for awhile. The tech and media giants have little competition and no one has stopped the mergers and acquisitions. We are at a point where there are 4 or fewer massive competitors in some of these trillion dollar indistries and the government is seriously considering mergers.... One think I like that trump has done was threaten blocking some mergers, but I think he was doing it out of spite instead of in favor of maintaining a competitive free market.

Hyper concentrated wealth and power akin to an oligarchy where they pull the strings with privileged access to legislative process making elections a sham. Where corporate funded and biased opposition research buries the negative externalities of their cost cutting business ventures.

What good is 30k a year and limited savings in our society when someone has half a trillion and can wield that to bend markets and policy to their whim? When they are able to do this, competition dies, the voice and wellbeing of the working class is minimized, and it is all done legally because the legislative and judicial processes have been compromised.

Have you ever played a video game that is pay-to-win and not paid yourself? It's not so fun. Same thing, though.

Laws are broken all the time. Fraud is rampant. Look at Paul Manafort, he had been riding free for awhile UNTIL the Mueller investigation. Law language can be changed, oversight diminished, and enforcement ignored. Law can and is crafted with loopholes sometimes for those that can afford them.

Anti trust law has been on the shelf for awhile. The tech and media giants have little competition and no one has stopped the mergers and acquisitions. We are at a point where there are 4 or fewer massive competitors in some of these trillion dollar indistries and the government is seriously considering mergers.... One think I like that trump has done was threaten blocking some mergers, but I think he was doing it out of spite instead of in favor of maintaining a competitive free market.
How has Paul Manafort crimes changed your life? There is corruption at every level of our society, none of which affects me.
Weed them out and prosecute them.
The last time I saw someone bend the markets was Soros over in Great Britain back in the 90's. It WAS legal at the time what he did.
It wasn't right IMO. Today he couldn't do that because of laws that were passed.
Not sure what you're shooting for, obviously it's not a capitalist government. But do you really believe that any other form of government
is without corruption? I find from what I've read that our government is the least corrupt and with the most freedoms.
There is no shangri-la
Our form of government gives everyone a chance...not so much with other forms of government.
Our government can bring the poverty to middle class and the middle class to the rich.
Other forms of government brings the rich down to middle class and middle class to poverty......real poverty.
Not poverty where there is a color TV and cable, not poverty with internet and a cell phone.
Not poverty with an auto and a refrigerator. Not poverty with an education, ect

Last edited:

You live in the wrong country

You can't possibly be this dumb. Obama got the peace prize preemptively to END wars, not start them.

Wasn't it for "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between people"

Damn those folks that give out that award must be dumb. He was the CiC of the largest military in the world that was actively engaged in two wars.

It's completely irrelevant what Obama was referring to with his stupid comment.

Fascist all believe that the ends justifies the means.

He did lose it all. Why do you think the Russians loaned him all that money? Nobody else would!

Forum List

Back