Elizabeth Warren: 'End Electoral College'

Just answered that. Read up ↑
No. You didn't. You prattled on about something unrelated.
To "end" the EC, there must be an amendment.

Only if you're taking the complaint literally. It's not necessary to "abolish" something altogether in order to correct a major flaw of it. It's not a perfect solution but it goes a long way while preserving the original motif.

It's not necessary to "abolish" something altogether in order to correct a major flaw of it.

Ending Hillary's political career is a feature, not a flaw.

Thank you for the periodic reminder of why you're on Ignore. Inability to address the topic.

Your claim that Hillary's loss was due to a "flaw" is fucking hilarious!!!

Hillary's loss is exactly the result the EC was designed to produce, when you think about it. She campaigned to the urban voters and utterly ignored the people of the rest of the country and their needs, and she lost because of it. That's what the EC is for: to force Presidential candidates to recognize the existence and needs of the entire, diverse nation.

Just answered that. Read up ↑

Only if you're taking the complaint literally. It's not necessary to "abolish" something altogether in order to correct a major flaw of it. It's not a perfect solution but it goes a long way while preserving the original motif.

It's not necessary to "abolish" something altogether in order to correct a major flaw of it.

Thank you for the periodic reminder of why you're on Ignore. Inability to address the topic.

And your entire post is fucking dishonest, since I've never said or implied any such thing.
Go ahead liar --- try to prove me wrong.

As I said, there's a reason you continue to fester in Ignoreland, and you continue to show us all what that reason is.

florida Law demands a full recount. Republicans dragged that out as long as possible and only THEN demanded that the deadline be held. There was no pressing need to enforce that deadline. There WAS a pressing need to follow the law and do the full recount.

So we can all be on the same page...

The first recount requested by the Democrats was for only 4 Counties, not the entire state. (Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Volusia).

After countless failures, the Florida Supreme Court gave Al Gore a statewide recount he didn't even ask for.

At the same time, the Florida Legislature announced that if the recount was not completed by a certain date, (I forget the date). They would
pick who got Florida's 25 electoral votes, in accordance with Florida Law, so as not to deprive the State of having their citizens not participate
in the election process.

The full recount began and it was SCOTUS that ordered a "stay." (Halting all voting)

SCOTUS had two rulings. The first was a 5-4 ruling that it was a violation of the equal protection clause, because Counties were not counting
the same way. The second ruling was, because of the Florida Legislature following Florida Law, there would not be enough time to complete
the hand recount and the counting had to stop.

In the end the State's newspapers sued under the Florida Sunshine Laws and they conducted their own recount and W won that one also.
Wrong. The first recount was a statewide mandatory machine recount, triggered because the election margin was less than half of one percent.

The Florida legislation did not state they would certify the election by a certain date. The person who said that was the Secretary of State of Florida who was appointed by George Bush’s brother. And it was her discretion whether or not to accept late filings. The law at the time read that returns had to be filed within a week after the election, otherwise “such returns may be ignored.” She decided securing her governor’s brother’s election was more important than an accurate count of the votes.

The Supreme Court ruling was a joke, as evidenced by them declaring that would be a “one-time” ruling, never to set any sort of precedence. And basically invalidated any form of recount in any state where multiple methods of voting are used; which is most states.

The first recount demanded by the Democrats was for four counties.

The State Legislature was in its rights to determine the outcome.

Here...read...What if the Supreme Court Had Turned Down Bush v. Gore? (Redux)
Again, it wasn’t the state’s legislature — it was Katherine Harris, Florida’s Secretary of State at the time. And it was up to her discretion whether or not to accept late returns...

The 2000 Florida Statutes
600x3_gradient.gif

102.112 Deadline for submission of county returns to the Department

(1) The county canvassing board or a majority thereof shall file the county returns for the election of a federal or state officer with the Department of State immediately after certification of the election results. Returns must be filed by 5 p.m. on the 7th day following the first primary and general election and by 3 p.m. on the 3rd day following the second primary. If the returns are not received by the department by the time specified, such returns may be ignored and the results on file at that time may be certified by the department.​

Apparently, disenfranchising the electorate was more important than determining who was the rightful winner.

Apparently, you're not accepting that "may" can be used either way and still be legal. You could say there was "disenfranchising the electorate" if instead of "may" there was "shall not".
Idiot, I said it was legal either way. What I said was it was wrong to disenfranchise voters by not allowing their votes to count when she could have counted them. I also said I believe she would have allowed them to be filed late had it been Bush, the brother of the man who appointed her as Secretary of State, who was behind in the count.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Monday that she fully supports abolishing the Electoral College and moving toward a national vote, the first time the 2020 presidential candidate has publicly taken the stance.

“My view is that every vote matters,” the Massachusetts Democrat said to roaring applause at her CNN presidential town hall at Jackson State University in Mississippi. “And the way we can make that happen is that we can have national voting, and that means get rid of the Electoral College.”

More: Elizabeth Warren Calls For Getting Rid Of The Electoral College

Amen! I couldn't agree more! Elections should be about people - not acreage! BTW, the rest of the link is worth reading.

View attachment 251302

Ironic Googly Image meme is ironic in bringing up "honesty" after listing a stack of lame lies.

Say's one of the biggest liars on this board.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Monday that she fully supports abolishing the Electoral College and moving toward a national vote, the first time the 2020 presidential candidate has publicly taken the stance.

“My view is that every vote matters,” the Massachusetts Democrat said to roaring applause at her CNN presidential town hall at Jackson State University in Mississippi. “And the way we can make that happen is that we can have national voting, and that means get rid of the Electoral College.”

Amen! I couldn't agree more! Elections should be about people - not acreage! BTW, the rest of the link is worth reading.

View attachment 251302

Ironic Googly Image meme is ironic in bringing up "honesty" after listing a stack of lame lies.

"Say's"? What the fuck does "say is" mean? Write much?

You don't even get the children thing yet alone anything else. Yes, you are a child in this country until the age of 18. When you are 18, you are an adult in this country. Therefore anybody suggesting that kids 16 year olds should vote is saying they want children to vote.

Oh that's only half of it. I deliberately left the other half unsaid. But you said it, namely that "Democrats" advocate your laundry list, and then you cited "Nancy Pelosi". Nancy Pelosi is a singular, not a collective.

And back to the first thing, you didn't back up your ipse dixit declaration of what defines "children".

I think most Americans understand that children are people under the age of 18. Piglosi is one of the top leaders of the Democrat party. And given the fact Democrats will do anything to cheat an election, I'm sure most Democrats stand behind her idea.

What you're "sure of" is irrelevant. You affixed an entire group to your claim and you came up with an example of one (1) person, with your definition of "children" dependent on an "everybody knows" fallacy. And I notice you're not touching any of your other claims. Wonder why.

Because it's a lot of work and research which you wouldn't appreciate or admit to anyway. Look at how you are trying to muddy the waters just over the simple definition of children. If a human being is at the age of 17, and they are not an adult, then WTF are they????

Well then you shouldn't have spewed claims you can't back up, should you have.

I knew they were bullshit as soon as I saw them. My job --- pointing that out --- is a helluva lot easier than yours. The key is not to make shit up in the first place. Really takes the work load off.

I gave you indisputable evidence on just one claim and look at how you're trying to discount it. It's not a fox report, it's not something Limbaugh said, it's actual video footage of the person who made it a current issue.

Yeah, when I have time perhaps I'll dig though the internet to give you other cold hard evidence, but it's fruitless when people refuse to admit they are wrong.

Hillary's loss is exactly the result the EC was designed to produce, when you think about it. She campaigned to the urban voters and utterly ignored the people of the rest of the country and their needs, and she lost because of it. That's what the EC is for: to force Presidential candidates to recognize the existence and needs of the entire, diverse nation.

Plus, she's a corrupt, miserable twat.

And your entire post is fucking dishonest, since I've never said or implied any such thing.
Go ahead liar --- try to prove me wrong.

As I said, there's a reason you continue to fester in Ignoreland, and you continue to show us all what that reason is.

You should whine some more.

View attachment 251302

That woman in your short video in pink passing Trump needs to go to a work farm picking vegetables and fruits. For she is privileged. I know she feels the peons pain. Let her prove it.

Oh that's only half of it. I deliberately left the other half unsaid. But you said it, namely that "Democrats" advocate your laundry list, and then you cited "Nancy Pelosi". Nancy Pelosi is a singular, not a collective.

And back to the first thing, you didn't back up your ipse dixit declaration of what defines "children".

I think most Americans understand that children are people under the age of 18. Piglosi is one of the top leaders of the Democrat party. And given the fact Democrats will do anything to cheat an election, I'm sure most Democrats stand behind her idea.

What you're "sure of" is irrelevant. You affixed an entire group to your claim and you came up with an example of one (1) person, with your definition of "children" dependent on an "everybody knows" fallacy. And I notice you're not touching any of your other claims. Wonder why.

Because it's a lot of work and research which you wouldn't appreciate or admit to anyway. Look at how you are trying to muddy the waters just over the simple definition of children. If a human being is at the age of 17, and they are not an adult, then WTF are they????

Well then you shouldn't have spewed claims you can't back up, should you have.

I knew they were bullshit as soon as I saw them. My job --- pointing that out --- is a helluva lot easier than yours. The key is not to make shit up in the first place. Really takes the work load off.

I gave you indisputable evidence on just one claim and look at how you're trying to discount it. It's not a fox report, it's not something Limbaugh said, it's actual video footage of the person who made it a current issue.

Yeah, when I have time perhaps I'll dig though the internet to give you other cold hard evidence, but it's fruitless when people refuse to admit they are wrong.

Again, not that complex. You posted a series of preposterous claims, I picked a few to challenge for backup, and you can't do it. Because "time". Shoulda thought of that before you posted them. You picked a single claim, ignored the rest, and quoted a single person out of a group of millions in a video that makes no mention of 'children' anyway.

When I make a claim on here it means I've already done the research before I posted it. Tip for the day.

View attachment 251302

That woman in your short video in pink passing Trump needs to go to a work farm picking vegetables and fruits. For she is privileged. I know she feels the peons pain. Let her prove it.

That's Agata Kornhauser-Duda, the First Lady of Poland. And that's a gif, not a "video". And she's not the star of that scene --- Rump's crestfallen face is.

What her experience is in picking vegetables and fruits I have no idea but it can't be any less than Rump's.

Oh and nice touch, inserting "privileged" in a comparison to Orange Boy Blunder. If irony goes to fifty bucks a barrel I want drilling rights on your posts.

I have come around on this issue. Two of the last four Presidents have won without winning the popular vote. Given that and the naked partisan ship that resulted in Four SCOTUS ( out of nine mind you) being chosen by Republicans means we have a problem.

I had previously worried that doing away with the EC would lead to a “tyranny of the majority”. Until I realized we NOW have a “tyranny of the MINORITY”
Time to do away with the EC

The popular vote chooses every other election, Federal, State, and Local.

The FACT is that United States is just that, a COLLECTION (not collective) of STATES. The states elect the President, not "The People". That is the system of the Republic that we are. We not a Democracy as the Founders realized that Mob Rule would be destructive.

View attachment 251302

Deflect much liar?

I have come around on this issue. Two of the last four Presidents have won without winning the popular vote. Given that and the naked partisan ship that resulted in Four SCOTUS ( out of nine mind you) being chosen by Republicans means we have a problem.

I had previously worried that doing away with the EC would lead to a “tyranny of the majority”. Until I realized we NOW have a “tyranny of the MINORITY”

"Tyranny of the minority" is apt in several ways.

In 2016 just 55% of the eligible electorate showed up to vote (again largely kept down by the EC as practiced) --- and out of those who did vote, 45% voted for Rump. 45% of 55% means 25% of the electorate chose this guy.

Another angle: my list of states in post 941 totals IIRC 154 total Electoral Votes, out of which 107 went to Rump. ALL of those states' EVs were cast on the basis of a candidate, whichever one, who could not even win 50% of that state's votes.

Doesn't get much more minority than that.

Not in your lifetime kid.

"Tyranny of the minority" is apt in several ways.

In 2016 just 55% of the eligible electorate showed up to vote (again largely kept down by the EC as practiced) --- and out of those who did vote, 45% voted for Rump. 45% of 55% means 25% of the electorate chose this guy.

Another angle: my list of states in post 941 totals IIRC 154 total Electoral Votes, out of which 107 went to Rump. ALL of those states' EVs were cast on the basis of a candidate, whichever one, who could not even win 50% of that state's votes.

Doesn't get much more minority than that.

You smarter than the founders lil man?

View attachment 251302

Deflect much liar?

You gave me nothing to "deflect" FROM, Joey Bag o'Donuts. You made no point.
Ad hom is not a point.

Deflect much liar?

You gave me nothing to "deflect" FROM, Joey Bag o'Donuts. You made no point.
Ad hom is not a point.

Run fourest, you're a child.

If we keep stripping away important Constitutional safegaurds, we might just get a taste of tyranny firsthand.

Forum List

Back