Elizabeth Warren: 'End Electoral College'

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Monday that she fully supports abolishing the Electoral College and moving toward a national vote, the first time the 2020 presidential candidate has publicly taken the stance.

“My view is that every vote matters,” the Massachusetts Democrat said to roaring applause at her CNN presidential town hall at Jackson State University in Mississippi. “And the way we can make that happen is that we can have national voting, and that means get rid of the Electoral College.”

More: Elizabeth Warren Calls For Getting Rid Of The Electoral College

Amen! I couldn't agree more! Elections should be about people - not acreage! BTW, the rest of the link is worth reading.

Did she learn this at Tribal Council?

maybe, but that's the way we've been doing it forever. Probably over 200 years. Change it if you must, but tell me how and how it going to work out.

Electing a president should be based on people - not acreage!
It's not based on acreage. It's based on cultural entities (aka states) - which are the same as countries.

Let's say all these countries (states) were united into one big country, >>

Iceland, Luxembourg, Ireland, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Bulgaria, Switzerland, Hungary, Portugal, Greece, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands, Romania, and Russia.

The first 15 countries' populations add up to 127.7 Million.
The population of Russia alone is 144.4 Million.
So without an electoral college system in place, and purely based on population
("based on people"), every time there was an election, Russia would prevail over all the 15 other countries, and they would have to adhere to Russian law, Russian ideas, Russian culture.

That's what you are advocating for the USA, by proposing that elections be "based on people".

Totally irrelevant. You might as well run around complaining that the loser in the Super Bowl actually won because they controlled the ball longer than the winner.

Or you won the chess game because you captured more pawns……..and the other guy simply captured your king…..

Totally irrelevant. You might as well run around complaining that the loser in the Super Bowl actually won because they controlled the ball longer than the winner.
That's not a very good comparison. Try agian, Skippy.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Monday that she fully supports abolishing the Electoral College and moving toward a national vote, the first time the 2020 presidential candidate has publicly taken the stance.

“My view is that every vote matters,” the Massachusetts Democrat said to roaring applause at her CNN presidential town hall at Jackson State University in Mississippi. “And the way we can make that happen is that we can have national voting, and that means get rid of the Electoral College.”

Amen! I couldn't agree more! Elections should be about people - not acreage! BTW, the rest of the link is worth reading.

I think this doesn't go far enough, but what needs to be done won't be done because why would the Republicans end something that favors them?

It's not based on acreage. It's based on cultural entities (aka states) - which are the same as countries.

Let's say all these countries (states) were united into one big country, >>

Iceland, Luxembourg, Ireland, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Bulgaria, Switzerland, Hungary, Portugal, Greece, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands, Romania, and Russia.

The first 15 countries' populations add up to 127.7 Million.
The population of Russia alone is 144.4 Million.
So without an electoral college system in place, and purely based on population
("based on people"), every time there was an election, Russia would prevail over all the 15 other countries, and they would have to adhere to Russian law, Russian ideas, Russian culture.

That's what you are advocating for the USA, by proposing that elections be "based on people".
States in the USA are not countires.

Wrong. Study up on your USA history.

No, I'm not wrong.

What was Vermont before it joined the US? In 1777 it gained its independence from Britain and remained independent until 1791.

It was a country. It was a sovereign state.

"It is absolutely necessary, for the welfare and safety of the inhabitants of this State, that it should be, henceforth, a free and independent State; and that a just, permanent, and proper form of government, should exist in it, derived from, and founded on, the authority of the people only, agreeable to the direction of the honorable American Congress."

This is the preamble to the Vermont Constitution of 1777

I highlighted the two examples of the word "state" in it.

Figures. Corrupt, lying bitch.

As a counter argument to Elizabeth Warren I'd ask why we should allow liberals on the coasts who have FUBARED their own States and cities to have more power over how the nation is run? Right at this moment? I think the Electoral College is doing EXACTLY what the Founding Fathers wanted it to do!

Ever notice that liberal progressives only bring this issue up when they are staring down the barrel of an ass whoppin at the polls?

Anyway, what's up with these 5 and 10 year old threads being plucked up out of obscurity ?

Are the libs in control here so void of original thought that they have to go searching for a years old thread?

Forum List

Back