End of Conservative Talk Radio? Network Will Drop Limbaugh & Hannity

Cable News Ratings for Monday, August 5, 2013 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

LMFAO Bwhahahahaha Hahahahahaha

Fox SOUNDLY biatchslaps MSLSD around like a ragdoll.. in every singe metric!

Why would you post TV ratings in a thread about radio?

Allow me to explain it to ya dummy.. Being there is no such thing as Liberal Talk Radio, one must go to the next form of communication for the losing enterprise of Liberalism.. Don't thank me.. I'm use to making liberals look dumb.

Cumulus Media, the second-largest broadcast company in the nation, is poised to drop Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity from its stations before the close of 2013, an industry source said.

The move would take the No. 1 and No. 2 talk show hosts off 40 channels in some of the nation’s biggest markets, Politico reported.

Read more: Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity may lose 40-channel Cumulus deal - Washington Times
Follow us: [MENTION=39892]Was[/MENTION]htimes on Twitter

How on earth did you get to 3?

Let me help you with that.

Negged for knowingly posting another thread in the wrong forum for trolling sake. Hey you gave it up yourself that you knew the other one was in media. Pogo told you nicely.

Last edited:
In my opinion, Rush hurt radio, period. He might still have the same amount of listeners, but when the advertisers think twice about advertising on radio, it hurts all radio shows. Radio is a very small audience in the scheme of things and a small part of an advertising budget. Advertisers find it easier to just cut it than deal with the controversy. Unfortunately, that hurts the shows I like to listen to as well.

LOL. You cite them as the ‘the No. 1 and No. 2 talk show hosts’ and then claim that their ratings suck. Talk about cognitive dissonance.

By the way, what they peddle sells. Its that simple so taking them off the radio is rather meaningless. They will simply be replaced by the same bullshit as long as it sells. There is zero indication that is going to change anytime soon.

It does seem that way but IIRC the fuller story is that Cumulus is analyzing listenership trends to be waning away from talk radio, and even though they have their own "products" in that vein, they're hinting that sports is the next way to go. You can be number 1-2 within a dying format. So it may not be so much a rejection of Limblob personally as a reading of what's hot and what's not.

Plus, Limbag costs too much. That's been their complaint for over a year now.

Rationality is NOT allowed in troll posts, just sayin’ :D

Anyway, that is a possibility though I don’t think talk is going to vanish entirely and will still consist of millions of listeners far into the future. Rush is expensive though also because of the baggage he carries – it makes him a VERY popular target. On that vein, I addressed that idea in my last – IF he goes he is just going to be replaced by another radio head that is just as flamboyant. In all honesty, I am surprised that Rush has not faded a LONG time ago. In the radio world, he has lasted an epically long time with a massive amount of success. How, I don’t know considering there is a LOT better out there but it is true all the same. Another vein on that topic should also be the drain from traditional radio to XM. Truth be told, I listen to talk radio all the time (though never to rush and rarely to Hannity) and I simply cannot do it on any show that includes commercials because you can’t expand a thought past hate and vitriol if you only have 2 minutes to do it in. Because of that I end up listening to POTUS which has a decided hard left tilt, rather funny considering I am pretty far from left. I don’t see how anyone can listen to 2 minutes of commercials and then only get 2 minutes of droning monologue for the effort is beyond me.

(a) quite true. And as mentioned before, he's expensive. What Cumulus is doing is a simple cost analysis. An expensive investment isn't a problem--- IF you're getting return.

(b) it's not clear if they'll replace talk with talk (and they have their own talkers so the cost plummets in that move) or if they're assessing talk radio in general. The fact is the demographic of old angry white geezers is dying off, and any business analysis, especially one dependent on a public audience, has to take that seriously into account.

Last edited:
In my opinion, Rush hurt radio, period. He might still have the same amount of listeners, but when the advertisers think twice about advertising on radio, it hurts all radio shows. Radio is a very small audience in the scheme of things and a small part of an advertising budget. Advertisers find it easier to just cut it than deal with the controversy. Unfortunately, that hurts the shows I like to listen to as well.

The opinion of a rabid far left kook librul who flies a rainbow flag doesn't equate to truth. Sorry, but Rush has MILLIONS of fans as much as you Zombies slash your throats, pitch hissyfits- the truth remains.. but go ahead.. meltdown..:lol:

I haven't seen any reason to believe that the people who would watch this garbage are suddenly getting smart enough to turn the dial. I could be wrong but I believe rw stooopid is here to stay and that means job security for slime like limbaugh, beck, etc.

Cable News Ratings for Monday, August 5, 2013 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

LMFAO Bwhahahahaha Hahahahahaha

Fox SOUNDLY biatchslaps MSLSD around like a ragdoll.. in every singe metric!

Allow me to explain it to ya dummy.. Being there is no such thing as Liberal Talk Radio, one must go to the next form of communication for the losing enterprise of Liberalism.. Don't thank me.. I'm use to making liberals look dumb.

Of course there is. While the Conservatives that own the radio stations might not air them on their 600+ stations, these shows do exist and often top the talk show ratings in their markets.

I haven't seen any reason to believe that the people who would watch this garbage are suddenly getting smart enough to turn the dial. I could be wrong but I believe rw stooopid is here to stay and that means job security for slime like limbaugh, beck, etc.

well, they aren't smart enough to turn you off, so what's that say about the liberals here?:eusa_whistle:

Yes indeed, advertisers buy ratings, and only ratings .... when 48 of the top 50 ad spenders ban Limbaugh, it's only for one reason - ratings ....

:)

dimocraps lie. It's what they do

Report: 48 Of 50 Top Advertisers ?Exclude Rush And Hannity? From Radio Commercial Buys (UPDATED) | Mediaite

We put in a call to Clear Channel’s Premiere Radio Network which distributes both shows. Their spokesperson hit back at Radio Ink’s source, asserting that the 48 out of 50 figure is wildly inaccurate:

“That statement is completely inaccurate. A number of the top spenders in the medium use talk radio to promote their brands and sell product, and many of them use The Rush Limbaugh Show and The Sean Hannity Show as the driving force of their marketing efforts.”

P.S.

Yeah, our resident Jedi Masters could move this to the 'Media' Board.

But what fun would that be? I come here to make fun of dimocraps.

It's like watching the Three Stooges except that they were likable.

dimocraps are just stoopid without the likable part.

Don't read your own links, do you? Your quote from the article is from ClearChannel -- the other side of the argument. What the fuck do you think they're going to say? And you didn't notice the vague language? "A number of..." -- "many of"...?

Sheesh you're easily amused. You're like the baseball field groundskeeper who goes out to rake third base and thinks he hit a triple.

Look STUPID.

One of your commie buddies made the claim that 48 of the 50 top advertisers have dropped Rush.

Clear Channel Radio, which is Rush's BIGGEST Broadcaster and Carrier (by far) says that's BULLSHIT.

And until you can supply us with a complete list of the 'top advertisers' who have dropped Rush, then you are just another lying scumbag dimocrap.

Clear Channel Radio, the BIGGEST in the Country says you're wrong.

And THEY would know since THEY are the ones being affected.

You got a source other than the CPUSA?

That's what I thought

"You could be wrong"?
That's the understatement of the year.

You're always wrong moron.

The opinion of a rabid far left kook librul who flies a rainbow flag doesn't equate to truth. Sorry, but Rush has MILLIONS of fans as much as you Zombies slash your throats, pitch hissyfits- the truth remains.. but go ahead.. meltdown..:lol:

The irony of your post is astounding. Random capitalization and "maniacal laughter" and you accuse me of a "meltdown".

Listeners are not advertisers. Advertisers are leaving. Listeners don't pay, advertisers do. Advertisers leave because radio doesn't matter enough, especially AM Radio.

dimocraps lie. It's what they do

Report: 48 Of 50 Top Advertisers ?Exclude Rush And Hannity? From Radio Commercial Buys (UPDATED) | Mediaite

We put in a call to Clear Channel’s Premiere Radio Network which distributes both shows. Their spokesperson hit back at Radio Ink’s source, asserting that the 48 out of 50 figure is wildly inaccurate:

P.S.

Yeah, our resident Jedi Masters could move this to the 'Media' Board.

But what fun would that be? I come here to make fun of dimocraps.

It's like watching the Three Stooges except that they were likable.

dimocraps are just stoopid without the likable part.

Don't read your own links, do you? Your quote from the article is from ClearChannel -- the other side of the argument. What the fuck do you think they're going to say? And you didn't notice the vague language? "A number of..." -- "many of"...?

Sheesh you're easily amused. You're like the baseball field groundskeeper who goes out to rake third base and thinks he hit a triple.

Look STUPID.

One of your commie buddies made the claim that 48 of the 50 top advertisers have dropped Rush.

Clear Channel Radio, which is Rush's BIGGEST Broadcaster and Carrier (by far) says that's BULLSHIT.

And until you can supply us with a complete list of the 'top advertisers' who have dropped Rush, then you are just another lying scumbag dimocrap.

Clear Channel Radio, the BIGGEST in the Country says you're wrong.

And THEY would know since THEY are the ones being affected.

You got a source other than the CPUSA?

That's what I thought

And you're too dim to read intentionally equivocal language -- or note the source.
ClearChannel (the source) is the entity that stands to lose. They own Premiere, which syndicates Limblob.

DUH.

Last edited:
It does seem that way but IIRC the fuller story is that Cumulus is analyzing listenership trends to be waning away from talk radio, and even though they have their own "products" in that vein, they're hinting that sports is the next way to go. You can be number 1-2 within a dying format. So it may not be so much a rejection of Limblob personally as a reading of what's hot and what's not.

Plus, Limbag costs too much. That's been their complaint for over a year now.

Rationality is NOT allowed in troll posts, just sayin’ :D

Anyway, that is a possibility though I don’t think talk is going to vanish entirely and will still consist of millions of listeners far into the future. Rush is expensive though also because of the baggage he carries – it makes him a VERY popular target. On that vein, I addressed that idea in my last – IF he goes he is just going to be replaced by another radio head that is just as flamboyant. In all honesty, I am surprised that Rush has not faded a LONG time ago. In the radio world, he has lasted an epically long time with a massive amount of success. How, I don’t know considering there is a LOT better out there but it is true all the same. Another vein on that topic should also be the drain from traditional radio to XM. Truth be told, I listen to talk radio all the time (though never to rush and rarely to Hannity) and I simply cannot do it on any show that includes commercials because you can’t expand a thought past hate and vitriol if you only have 2 minutes to do it in. Because of that I end up listening to POTUS which has a decided hard left tilt, rather funny considering I am pretty far from left. I don’t see how anyone can listen to 2 minutes of commercials and then only get 2 minutes of droning monologue for the effort is beyond me.

(a) quite true. And as mentioned before, he's expensive. What Cumulus is doing is a simple cost analysis. An expensive investment isn't a problem--- IF you're getting return.

(b) it's not clear if they'll replace talk with talk (and they have their own talkers so the cost plummets in that move) or if they're assessing talk radio in general. The fact is the demographic of old angry white geezers is dying off, and any business analysis, especially one dependent on a public audience, has to take that seriously into account.

Odds are they are probably going to run with Levin, Savage and there is a new hot kid on the conservative talk show block who would come in way cheaper than anyone before I have mentioned.

America now with Andy Dean. This kid is sizzling hot. Listening to him nightly now he has got me addicted.

He rocks.

Of course there is. While the Conservatives that own the radio stations might not air them on their 600+ stations, these shows do exist and often top the talk show ratings in their markets.

Lol,:lol:

We have a liberal radio talk show guy here in Orlando, who says quite rightly, that he's "the #1 radio talk show of it's kind".

He's right. As long as "it's kind" is liberal radio talk shows of which he is the only one within 100 miles.:cuckoo:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back