End of Oil is at our door step; what next?

should this concern you

• yes

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • no

Votes: 29 93.5%
  • maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
solar pannels.jpg

There are some that seem to disagree
:)-

No, it wouldn't. To make solar modulrs you have to use all sorts of toxic chemicals. Environmental laws in the First World make it almost impossible to do that sort of manufacturing here.

So they send that sort of work to countries filled with brown people that don't have those laws.
What is glass made of ?

I rest my case about 40 years of lack of R&D.

Yeah? So?

It's not the same thing.

Stop comparing apples with trash cans.

Well, KSA has had offgrid solar power villages since 1982.. and now Farasan Island is totally solar.

Israel and Hawaii have mostly solar hot water.

Well, KSA has had offgrid solar power villages since 1982.. and now Farasan Island is totally solar.

Israel and Hawaii have mostly solar hot water.

Ummmm, yeah? So?. An island in the desert is fully solar.

So what. Hawaii can heat water with their volcano should they choose. But solar water heaters are fine.

They are DIFFERENT from solar POWER.

So what. Hawaii can heat water with their volcano should they choose. But solar water heaters are fine.

Do you not know that?

Every little bit helps.

Be honest.
All you care about is your shares in Exxon or whatever.

Go fuck tourself with your non sequitur trolling. I have no energy stocks save one, which builds power plants fueled by trash.

Here we go again.
Can't people have honest discussions around here without the double-talk and disingenuous assumptions ?

Glass is made of melted sand..... and we will figure out how use it.

Glass isn't the toxic part you ignorant clod.

For your information, I have a solar system, and have had it since I built it nearly 30 years ago.

That's why I understand its limitations. I love solar for off grid applications. Cali should have solar powered desal plants up the coast, but it doesn't scale up to grid level usage.

Not really. It costs more in fossil fuels to MAKE the solar modules, than you get back.

That makes them a net loss.

So make them in Yanbu and Jubail where they have down stream manufacturing from the oil reserves and aluminum from their bauxcite mines.

Glass isn't the toxic part you ignorant clod.

For your information, I have a solar system, and have had it since I built it nearly 30 years ago.

That's why I understand its limitations. I love solar for off grid applications. Cali should have solar powered desal plants up the coast, but it doesn't scale up to grid level usage.
Thanks for making my point.

Instead of a rational argument , you choose to be snarky and insulting.

The word 'future' only applies to Wall Street for folks like you.

Last edited:
So make them in Yanbu and Jubail where they have down stream manufacturing from the oil reserves and aluminum from their bauxcite mines.

So, you are ok poisoning brown people.

The investor class believes they're entitled to keep 'peak oil' a big secret until it's financially feasible to admit it's about to run out....let it hit $300 a barrel and up, $10 a gallon in the US....$20 in Europe.

(in the meantime they'll diversify and corner the alternative energy market... )

The investor class believes they're entitled to keep 'peak oil' a big secret until it's financially feasible to admit it's about to run out....let it hit $300 a barrel and up, $10 a gallon in the US....$20 in Europe.

(in the meantime they'll diversify and corner the alternative energy market... )

Oh boy, peak oil prophet of doomer is back. So, you were wrong 10 years ago, so you pop back in. What was your name back then?

Doh!

One thing about peak oil snake oil salesmen, you are never right, and you never shut up.

Oh boy, peak oil prophet of doomer is back. So, you were wrong 10 years ago, so you pop back in. What was your name back then?

Doh!

One thing about peak oil snake oil salesmen, you are never right, and you never shut up.
I don't make any assumptions, except to spot the obvious agenda out there.

I have no agenda except to do things the right way.

I don't make any assumptions, except to spot the obvious agenda out there.

I have no agenda except to do things the right way.

Bullshit, you peak oilers are all the same. "Invest in my perpetual motion machine! The evil oil companies bury the technology!"

Ad infinitum

Forum List

Back