Energy realities for the climate hysterics!

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
Eye opening article here.......train wrecks any renewable predictions by the climate crusaders. As Ive been saying for years and ignored by the green visitors to this forum.......costs matter.

"It is very difficult to imagine any of the Tier 2 and Tier 3 ( green ) energy sources being able to grow without substantial assistance from coal and oil. All of today’s Tier 2 and Tier 3 energy sources depend on coal and oil at many points in the chain of their production, distribution, operation, and eventual recycling."

:oops8: :oops8:

Also.........

"The way intermittent wind and solar have been added to the electric grid vastly overpays these providers, relative to the value they add to the system. Furthermore, the subsidies for intermittent renewables tend to drive out more stable producers, degrading the overall condition of the grid."

A great article here......waste of time for the climate crusaders to read because they wont understand it. Fascinating stuff......and the most notable passage.........

"It seems to me that in each part of the world, some utility-type provider needs to be analyzing what the overall funding of the electrical system needs to be. Bills to individuals and businesses need to reflect these actual expected costs. This approach might avoid the artificially low rates that the current pricing system often generates. If adequate funding can be achieved, perhaps some of the corner cutting that leads to electrical outages, such as recently encountered in California and Texas, might be avoided."

In other words, the cost structure has a HUGE impact on the ability of wind and solar to supplant coal and oil in any meaningful way for decades to come. Yep..........reality bites!:bye1::bye1:

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/how-energy-transition-models-go-wrong

Bottom line? Intermittent energy wont do dick for saving the world...............d0y:deal:

Really does make one realize........the entire "97% of climate scientists say........." is a totally moot point. It doesnt mean dick in the bigger picture. Been saying that for over a decade in here. If every single scientist concurred..........still wouldnt add up to dick. Energy realities dictate this........its not even a debatable point UNLESS the plan is to significantly raise taxes. How is that going to work at the voting booths?:springbed:

Really does make one realize........the entire "97% of climate scientists say........." is a totally moot point. It doesnt mean dick in the bigger picture. Been saying that for over a decade in here. If every single scientist concurred..........still wouldnt add up to dick. Energy realities dictate this........its not even a debatable point UNLESS the plan is to significantly raise taxes. How is that going to work at the voting booths?:springbed:
Americans just voted for someone that gave them a $1200 check promised to them for the vote, then turned around and raised their taxes that will take it all back, and then some, within a years time.

It really is not that hard to outsmart the American voter.

Half of them are on drugs anyway.

Last edited:
You will like the hidden cost expose:

Watts Up With That?

The Real Cost of Wind and Solar​

Guest Post by Willis Eschenbach

Excerpt:

I keep reading how wind and solar are finally cheaper than fossil fuels … and every time I’ve read it, my urban legend detector rings like crazy.

It rings in part because the market is very efficient at replacing energy sources based on their cost. Here, for example, is the story of kerosene, emphasis mine:

When a clean-burning kerosene lamp invented by Michael Dietz appeared on the market in 1857, its effect on the whaling industry was immediate. Kerosene, known in those days at “Coal Oil”, was easy to produce, cheap, smelled better than animal-based fuels when burned, and did not spoil on the shelf as whale oil did. The public abandoned whale oil lamps almost overnight. By 1860, at least 30 kerosene plants were in production in the United States, and whale oil was ultimately driven off the market. When sperm oil dropped to 40 cents a gallon in 1895, due to lack of demand, refined petroleum, which was very much in demand, sold for less than 7 cents a gallon. …
SOURCE
My question was, if wind and solar are so cheap, why are they not replacing traditional sources overnight?

LINK

You will like the hidden cost expose:

Watts Up With That?

The Real Cost of Wind and Solar​

Guest Post by Willis Eschenbach

Excerpt:

I keep reading how wind and solar are finally cheaper than fossil fuels … and every time I’ve read it, my urban legend detector rings like crazy.

It rings in part because the market is very efficient at replacing energy sources based on their cost. Here, for example, is the story of kerosene, emphasis mine:

When a clean-burning kerosene lamp invented by Michael Dietz appeared on the market in 1857, its effect on the whaling industry was immediate. Kerosene, known in those days at “Coal Oil”, was easy to produce, cheap, smelled better than animal-based fuels when burned, and did not spoil on the shelf as whale oil did. The public abandoned whale oil lamps almost overnight. By 1860, at least 30 kerosene plants were in production in the United States, and whale oil was ultimately driven off the market. When sperm oil dropped to 40 cents a gallon in 1895, due to lack of demand, refined petroleum, which was very much in demand, sold for less than 7 cents a gallon. …
SOURCE
My question was, if wind and solar are so cheap, why are they not replacing traditional sources overnight?

LINK

Indeed.........the climate nutters factor OUT alot of costs, for example, the mega-costs of building transmission lines. The Germans found out the hard way when they started getting their electricity bills over time and they were going to the stratosphere :abgg2q.jpg: Frankly Tommy.......I think most of them are too dumb to look past the billboard propaganda places they get their info from. But then there are others.........in here........who will just conveniently ignore the facts/realities. But heres the thing........they are loSiNg and will continue to lose as they have now for 20 years. THATS what keeps me hanging around in here.........rubbing salt in the wound is a hoot!

OK, nutters, have a good time with your chorus of misinformation. None of which will change the fact that we are seeing more, and more severe, extreme weather events worldwide.

OK, nutters, have a good time with your chorus of misinformation. None of which will change the fact that we are seeing more, and more severe, extreme weather events worldwide.

Yeah while you present zero evidence......

Your lies are old, please create new ones.

Nobody is caring because nothing out of the ordinary.

But response of the non- nutters completely missed the point....massively btw.

Energy costs/realities means no matter what "the science" says and no matter the perception on weather extremes, the path forward set in stone.

Only one thing can change that path: prohibitive taxes whereby the public would be spending 20%+ of their income on energy ( Californians now spend 10% and must deal with black/ brown outs.

So....obviously....any politician advocating for over 1/5th of income for energy will get their clocks cleaned at the voting booth.

Sorry....that's how it works if you're not a unicorn chaser.

Btw....no climate crusader will read the article posted by the OP. Far too real.

Eye opening article here.......train wrecks any renewable predictions by the climate crusaders. As Ive been saying for years and ignored by the green visitors to this forum.......costs matter.

"It is very difficult to imagine any of the Tier 2 and Tier 3 ( green ) energy sources being able to grow without substantial assistance from coal and oil. All of today’s Tier 2 and Tier 3 energy sources depend on coal and oil at many points in the chain of their production, distribution, operation, and eventual recycling."

:oops8: :oops8:

Also.........

"The way intermittent wind and solar have been added to the electric grid vastly overpays these providers, relative to the value they add to the system. Furthermore, the subsidies for intermittent renewables tend to drive out more stable producers, degrading the overall condition of the grid."

A great article here......waste of time for the climate crusaders to read because they wont understand it. Fascinating stuff......and the most notable passage.........

"It seems to me that in each part of the world, some utility-type provider needs to be analyzing what the overall funding of the electrical system needs to be. Bills to individuals and businesses need to reflect these actual expected costs. This approach might avoid the artificially low rates that the current pricing system often generates. If adequate funding can be achieved, perhaps some of the corner cutting that leads to electrical outages, such as recently encountered in California and Texas, might be avoided."

In other words, the cost structure has a HUGE impact on the ability of wind and solar to supplant coal and oil in any meaningful way for decades to come. Yep..........reality bites!:bye1::bye1:

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/how-energy-transition-models-go-wrong

Bottom line? Intermittent energy wont do dick for saving the world...............d0y:deal:
The inevitable crap spewed by crackpot propaganda sites aside, the predicted soaring temperatures due to anthropogenic climate change are running up against the repeatedly-failing energy grid of Texas.

The Texas solution: Let the authorities quietly seize power from the citizenry in their homes.

Some sweltering residents of Texas are reporting that they are unable to lower the temperature on their Wi-Fi enabled “smart” thermostats after it was mysteriously raised, and they are struggling to understand why.
The reason, it transpires, is not that malicious hackers have broken into the IoT devices to cause mayhem but is instead all part of an energy conservation campaign promoted by Texas’s power grid operator struggling to stay online in the Lone Star State.

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 12.23.27 PM.png
"Mah thermostat is a dang home intruder!"

The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) has told residents to conserve as much energy as possible, asking them to set their thermostats to 78 degrees Fahrenheit (25.5 degrees Celsius) or higher during the peak hours of 3-7pm. But what are energy companies supposed to do if people really want their air conditioning to blast away the heat?
The answer, it appears, is to take remote control of users’ smart thermostats and bump up the temperature.

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 12.13.14 PM.png

SWEAT

Last edited:

Forum List

Back