Engineers, electricians, physicists.... Tell me what's wrong with this picture.

I assume the writer is claiming that the car is using the spinning hub and belt to drive a generator to recharge the batteries. That would not work, because perpetual motion machines don't work. Running the generator would put resistance on the wheel. Overcoming that resistance would require drawing more power from the battery, so it would be self-defeating.

However, from the picture, it's not clear exactly what that gizmo is for.

I assume the writer is claiming that the car is using the spinning hub and belt to drive a generator to recharge the batteries. That would not work, because perpetual motion machines don't work. Running the generator would put resistance on the wheel. Overcoming that resistance would require drawing more power from the battery, so it would be self-defeating.

However, from the picture, it's not clear exactly what that gizmo is for.
Precisely... Now if it had a small gas engine it would be different but then most hybrids and electric cars already have regenerative braking.

Perpetual energy!

keynes2.png

Keep in mind that this is an all electric car and does not have an auxiliary gas engine.

did it cross your mind that it would take more power that would run the battery down to run that alternator??

they do of course have regen braking that does charge the battery when braking,,

Forum List

Back