English as the Official Language

When you relax standards for immigrants to learn English, you hurt them by retarding their assimilation into our country. Get it done now, ASAP, and it's best for them. Socially, economically, every way.

When you relax standards in public schools for immigrants, you hurt the other children in the class by slowing down the education process to accommodate the immigrant children.

Relaxing standards sounds nice, it certainly sounds like you "care", but it's ultimately hurting the people you're trying to help. Look a little deeper than the first layer. Give them the credit for being intelligent and resourceful enough to learn our language.

Um, who was talking about "relaxing standards"? :confused:

I was.

Do you have some reason to believe that only 'white people' speak English as their first language?

No, but white people are the only ones you really see going apeshit about it.

Because it isn't so much about having to see a horrible second translation in Spanish. It's about the knowledge that these uppity minorities are starting to gain an equal say in things. It's about the insecure white guy who now has to report to Ms. Gonzalez, who is younger than he is, but is going places.

It's just another way the plutocrats have found to misdirect the rage of stupid white people.

Do you have some reason to believe that only 'white people' speak English as their first language?

Because it isn't so much about having to see a horrible second translation in Spanish. It's about the knowledge that these uppity minorities are starting to gain an equal say in things. It's about the insecure white guy who now has to report to Ms. Gonzalez, who is younger than he is, but is going places.

It's just another way the plutocrats have found to misdirect the rage of stupid white people.

It's like conservatives are insulted that someone doesn't speak their language. Meanwhile, ask a conservative to learn a second language and they sputter

It's like conservatives are insulted that someone doesn't speak their language. Meanwhile, ask a conservative to learn a second language and they sputter

Languages are kind of a skill, though. I don't fault anyone for not being able to learn a second language. Some people can do it easily, some can't do it if their life depended on it.

come out my way then and talk to a Conservative Mexican or Asian who are Bilingual....and then find a Liberal who only knows English and ask them to learn a second...see how he/she will tell you to go fuck yourself....

Languages are kind of a skill, though. I don't fault anyone for not being able to learn a second language. Some people can do it easily, some can't do it if their life depended on it.

Many people have a romantic conception that when their ancestors immigrated to the US, the first thing they did was learn English. Many did out of necessity but a great many settled in Little Italy, Germantown, Chinatown where they could still speak their native tongue. Conservatives of the day had the same bitch.....Why don't they speak English?
Initial immigrants have varying degrees of success in learning English but their children always learn English so it is only one generation for which it is an issue

"White People Problems" aren't only for white people. It's just a phrase to point out that that when people don't really have a lot of really important problems, they'll pick the littlest shit to bitch about.

“We have white people problems in America. That’s what we have. White people problems. You know what that is? That’s where your life is amazing, so you just make up shit to be upset about. People in other countries have real problems. Like “Oh shit, they’re cutting all our heads off, today!” Things like that. Here, we make things up to be upset about. Like “How come I have to choose a language on the ATM. It’s bullshit. I shouldn’t have to do that. I’m American!” — Louis CK

like black people don't make up shit to be upset about?

Many people have a romantic conception that when their ancestors immigrated to the US, the first thing they did was learn English. Many did out of necessity but a great many settled in Little Italy, Germantown, Chinatown where they could still speak their native tongue. Conservatives of the day had the same bitch.....Why don't they speak English?
Initial immigrants have varying degrees of success in learning English but their children always learn English so it is only one generation for which it is an issue

like Liberals of the day never have the same bitch....oh wait,thats right....the Liberal "leaders" told you they dont.....im sorry i should have known....

like Liberals of the day never have the same bitch....oh wait,thats right....the Liberal "leaders" told you they dont.....im sorry i should have known....

Conservatives of the last 100 years have not changed much

If anything, they have regressed over the last 30 years

It's conservatives that learn the local language when they move to another country. Do YOU expect that if you move to another country you won't have to learn the language? Do you expect that every other country in the world is obligated to speak English just to accommodate you?

It's conservatives that learn the local language when they move to another country. Do YOU expect that if you move to another country you won't have to learn the language? Do you expect that every other country in the world is obligated to speak English just to accommodate you?

A real conservative would not learn another language

He knows he already speaks the right language

Maybe you are so dim that you are incompetent to communicate with anyone who has the slightest accent. I'd wager that every single person you spoke with had a greater fluency in English than you ever will in any other language.

And if my job counted on my being fluent in another language, you might have a point.

Fact is, it's not about fluency. It's about paying someone a dirt poor salary, and if you give out shitty customer service in the process, so be it.

Their job is to fix my problem. If they can't do it because they don't understand what I am saying in clear English, then they shouldn't have that job. Period.

I think all call centers BY LAW should be located in the United States.

My other biggest concern, how many call centers are run through prison? Another wonderful idea from the assholes you worship.

You know, some day, you are going to realize what a tool you are.

Why did you buy all of that stuff from the assholes that made it?

If you have a party and invite people from different parts of the world, Italians would bring pizza; Chinese would bring kung pao chicken, Japanese would bring teriyaki and Indians would bring curry. Everyone would have a marvelous time.

Now have a party and invite people from different parts of the world who cannot speak a common language. The Italians would only speak to other Italians, the Chinese would only associate with Chinese. It would be a very poor party.

If you have a party and invite people from different parts of the world, Italians would bring pizza; Chinese would bring kung pao chicken, Japanese would bring teriyaki and Indians would bring curry. Everyone would have a marvelous time.

Now have a party and invite people from different parts of the world who cannot speak a common language. The Italians would only speak to other Italians, the Chinese would only associate with Chinese. It would be a very poor party.

You clearly haven't traveled much.

A real conservative would not learn another language

He knows he already speaks the right language

When was the last time you traveled to another country? My guess is NEVER!

I don't need to.

This is the reason why we have ethnic enclaves in our cities. We encourage non-assimilation and encourage people from other parts of the world to cling to their own and remain linguistically isolated. By emphasizing polylingualism we not only keep foreigners isolated from the political and administrative policies of this country but we keep them isolated from one another too. This is not multiculturalism. This is tribalism.

I don't need to.

This is the reason why we have ethnic enclaves in our cities. We encourage non-assimilation and encourage people from other parts of the world to cling to their own and remain linguistically isolated. By emphasizing polylingualism we not only keep foreigners isolated from the political and administrative policies of this country but we keep them isolated from one another too. This is not multiculturalism. This is tribalism.

Should've stopped right there. It says everything we need to know about your knowledge of other cultures.

Well, if you worked in international manufacturing like I do .

I guess you know that we are the world's largest manufacturer then, right lunchbox? That seems pretty darn competitive to me. :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, it'll take China a whole year to suprass us.

Being the largest doesn't make us competitive. Competitive would mean we aren't running 500 billion dollar trade deficits every year. Competitive would mean that companies wouldn't be finding excuses to move their factories to Asia.

Yes, we produce more because 78% of what we produce is for domestic consumption. This does not make us competitive.

The US having the largest corporate tax rate in the world may make us less competitive. Just saying.

I don't need to.

Should've stopped right there. It says everything we need to know about your knowledge of other cultures.

Well you are chiming in as stupid.

I spent a couple of tours overseas.....

So tell us how he is wrong blowhard......

It seems it is you that lack any real world experience.

Forum List

Back